Author Topic: My guitar fell down to floor, is it broken  (Read 1428 times)

Offline SijuneJK

• Good Vibes 0
My guitar fell down to floor, is it broken
« on: June 20, 2020, 11:09:06 am »
Hi,i'm a noob and started 2-3 months back to learn some basics to electric guitar,with the help of this site of course.After a practice,i put back to the case my guitar,an old cheap marina stratocaster,and accidentally fall down with case to the floor (bad luck i didn't still had a stand base) and fretboard moved,chords moved too and now guitar is out of tune,i don't know what should do or check.

Online joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 37
Re: My guitar fell down to floor, is it broken
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 11:12:51 am »
What do you mean by 'fretboard and chords moved'?

A couple of better pics would help too ;)
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline SijuneJK

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 11:35:33 am »
Hello,the base of fretboard moved up and should tight screws and chords distance from fret are bigger than before.

Offline Ian McKenzie

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 11:55:41 am »
Look over it to see if there's anything obvious.  Strats are pretty robust :  )   Don't loosen the strings, but loosen the screws holding the neckplate/neck on but only a quarter to half a turn.  If the neck is misaligned, you will hear 'bang' as it pops back into place.  Retighten the screws and tune up.

Offline SijuneJK

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 01:39:30 pm »
I tried some better quality pics,as you see chords distance from fret are far away.

I should buy a stand,it's preferable this kind as first or the second stand?

or

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 213
    • My Road Case
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 02:26:52 pm »
By "chords" I think you mean "pickups".

You should always have a stand if you aren't keeping the guitar in a case, and even then I would advise a stand as it will more likely you play it if you don't have to take it out of the case to do so.

Any stand is good, but I think the second photo you posted is a slightly better type as it supports the neck better.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 213
    • My Road Case
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 02:29:53 pm »
Looking at the photos, to me it looks like the neck has levered away from the body.

If you are lucky, that might be fixable using the neck bolts as suggested above.

Otherwise, I think this is a visit to a guitar repair shop.

Cheers,

Keith

Online joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 37
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 02:57:50 pm »
Looking at the photos, to me it looks like the neck has levered away from the body.

If you are lucky, that might be fixable using the neck bolts as suggested above.

Otherwise, I think this is a visit to a guitar repair shop.

Cheers,

Keith

If it's a screwed neck. I know it's a Strat-a-like, but some of them do have set necks.

As the OP is a little confused about what the various bits are called I'd advise caution.

Can we have a pic of the back of the neck where it meets the body?
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 213
    • My Road Case
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 03:12:56 pm »
Good point.

Cheers,

Keith

Offline agj

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 8
  • Live in Didcot, Oxfordshire
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 06:14:27 pm »
If it's a screwed neck. I know it's a Strat-a-like, but some of them do have set necks.

As the OP is a little confused about what the various bits are called I'd advise caution.

I think the OP is trying to describe the issues to us in English when English is not his/her first language.  From the photos, it looks like the neck has been pulled out of its' seat, if it's a bolt on neck (which it most likely is) I'm guessing the rear neck bolts have pulled out a bit, screwing them back down is unlikely to work, the neck will need to come off and the mounting holes in the neck plugged and re-drilled, this is not a big job for anyone who is comfortable with taking guitars apart and doing their own set ups, however as the OP is a 'noob' this is really a job for a guitar tech.
Squier Affinity Telecaster Texas Special pick ups, Kit built Telecaster, HB ST57 DG Strat Modified, Ibanez GIO Bass, Boss Nextone Stage 40 Amp

br />My Roadcase http://www.justinguitar.com/forum/index.php?topic=18937.0<br

Online joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 37
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 06:28:02 pm »
I think the OP is trying to describe the issues to us in English when English is not his/her first language. 

I agree, which is why clear photos from all sides would be useful. :)

Offline SijuneJK

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 09:40:01 pm »

It's screwed,neck by fall moved out a bit,so i had to tighten screws.

Online joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 37
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 10:04:06 pm »
It's fairly obvious that the neck has moved. You should probably take it back to the shop and ask them to have a look at it.

Offline SijuneJK

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 06:51:52 pm »
It's fairly obvious that the neck has moved. You should probably take it back to the shop and ask them to have a look at it.

I will take it to a friend guitar technician to see the neck,already payed 60 euros for a full service to a shop cause the guitar was for 15 years in case without using it.It's just was a bad moment,it's my first cheap guitar and when i said to my self i will try to focus and try to practice some basics,it fell down floor.Damnation... :-\

Offline SijuneJK

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 06:59:57 pm »

I will take it to a friend guitar technician to see the neck,already payed 60 euros for a full service to a shop cause the guitar was for 15 years in case without using it.It just was a bad moment,it's my first cheap guitar and when i said to my self i will try to focus and try to practice some basics,it fell down floor.Damnation... :-\

Strings replaced

Get The Forum As A Mobile App