Author Topic: Thoroughly Decent Chap Award - to honour the delights of DavidP  (Read 880 times)

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 300
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Thoroughly Decent Chap Award - to honour the delights of DavidP
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 07:24:35 am »
Hey David,
It has been a while since I last posted something, about a year. Yes, I'm still playing and practicing but I've been off on a bit of a walkabout guitar wise. I've gone through Justin Note Reader book as I felt I was losing a bit of that, I've done some theory and bits and pieces of the IM course. Still having fun but nothing that really lends itself to posting. I also got totally swamped this winter by taking on a sessional instructor position at the local University and then half way through we had to switch from face-to-face delivery to online and that was a ton of work. So after all of this its about o end the walkabout and get going again.
I hope to be able to get a posting up over the summer. Once its up I'll look forward to your comments
Cheers,
Glen

Life's like that Glen. I think many folk have posted about how things are different after completing the BC and starting IM and have struggled to maintain the same drive. For me, I have spend more time on the Finger-Style module and less on IM. I guess at some point I will double down and get serious on 1/16 note strumming, but for now learning songs and schooling the right hand keeps me feeling engaged with a sense of direction. Look forward to hearing you play again in due course.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App