Author Topic: Progress....what progress?  (Read 18421 times)

Offline Twin Six

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
Re: Progress....what progress?
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2020, 03:15:03 pm »
I had twinges in the fingers years ago until I started taking Omega 3 Fish Oil capsules. No more twinges.

. . .

PS My first and last post I think. Captcha is a pain and Flash control playing up :-(

Glucosamine is also a good supplement for joints.

Captcha goes away after a certain number of posts, 10 if memory serves.
1986 Alvarez Yairi DY-76 (twelve-string) "The Twin Six"
1989 Alvarez Yairi DY-39 (six-string)
1993 Hiren Roy & Sons sitar

Offline ElectroGuitara

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2020, 05:34:24 pm »
keep trying little and often.

Second that! :)
Today is Sunday so I could spend an hour for exercise
but I divided it  - kind of 3 sessions,
20 mins each with 5-7-10 mins coffee brake
to give my left hand a rest and absorb feelings.

A good day guitar wise was today as opposed to yesterday. :)
So don't give up, mate!

Offline stuartw

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 4
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2020, 11:38:52 pm »
Wish you well, Stuart
Thanks. Had the X Ray, now waiting for a telephone conversation with the Doc on the 20th. Have to say that this has stopped the practice :)

Offline stuartw

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 4
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2020, 11:44:21 pm »
Feeling for you Stuart.

Are you playing along with the song app or a backing track or just playing the chords you've indicate? If the latter it won't sound like the original as there is obviously a lot of other things going on as well. I note Justin's comments in the lesson, that the track may have been sped up or a little sharp so it could also sound off playing to the original. So this could be an awkward track for starters (I've not played it).
Have you tried playing along with Justin during the lesson ? That may help and give you confidence a boost.
At the moment I'm just playing the chords, and trying the video. Haven't tried the app and to be honest until they do a PC version I wont. Way too small on phone of tab!

Those early songs are just to get you going in the right direction and Justin has really simplified them for that purpose. The idea is to get you strumming on the beat and making the chord changes but a lot of the time what helps is slowing things down real slow or maybe only strumming on every other beat or even just once per bar to give you a chance to change chords. So on alternate beats Blondie would be A on beats 1 and 3, D on beat 1 E on beat 2, I know that's even more simplified but it will give you twice a long to change chords. Maybe just spend say 10 minutes doing it that way, then stop. Then go back in a couple of hours or the next day. Get consistent at "very simple" and then try 1 strum/beat again but slowed down and then after that seems ok, slowly ramp the tempo up.
Have been trying the simple slow route. Lets see if things improve.

Offline Iman_Oldie

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2020, 08:05:03 am »
At the moment I'm just playing the chords, and trying the video. Haven't tried the app and to be honest until they do a PC version I wont. Way too small on phone of tab!
Have been trying the simple slow route. Lets see if things improve.

Does your TV have Screen Mirroring?
I can view my phone on my Sony TV using Screencast on my phone. Very handy at times.
You "pair" the phone with the TV.

Offline stuartw

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 4
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2020, 11:27:23 am »
Thanks. Had the X Ray, now waiting for a telephone conversation with the Doc on the 20th. Have to say that this has stopped the practice :)
Now have had the chat with the Doc who has confirmed moderate arthritis who injections or physio as possible help. Oh well, not ideal but not the end of the works in the grand scheme of things. Life & guitar practice go on. :-)

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2020, 12:29:05 pm »
Best of luck with it all Stuart.
BC (classic) completed, now on Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules. Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline ElectroGuitara

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2020, 07:11:48 am »
Life & guitar practice go on. :-)

Good to hear - rock on, Stuart! :)

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2020, 07:24:34 am »
Now have had the chat with the Doc who has confirmed moderate arthritis who injections or physio as possible help. Oh well, not ideal but not the end of the works in the grand scheme of things. Life & guitar practice go on. :-)

Wish you well, Stuart, keep on keeping on

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 165
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2020, 08:36:03 am »
Hope that does the trick Stuart, hang in there and let us know how you get on.  8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Get The Forum As A Mobile App