Author Topic: Playing without singing  (Read 712 times)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 95
    • YouTube
Re: Playing without singing
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 12:25:11 am »
Maybe I just feel better if more folk who are not fabulous singers keep on posting ... a flavour of "misery loves company"  ::)   ;D
When I sing people automatically apply social distancing. Even Keef sings on occasion, but don't do everything that Keef does, just sing to be a better guitar player and to get chicks. :)   

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 285
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Playing without singing
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 08:54:50 am »
When I sing people automatically apply social distancing. Even Keef sings on occasion, but don't do everything that Keef does, just sing to be a better guitar player and to get chicks. :)

For sure, there's only one Keef and doing what Keef does can have extreme consequences ... as Gram Parsons sadly found out.  As for "chicks" best not to let that idea if float by my wife as a joke  :o

Hey your infliction's are most welcome, while mine may carry a health warning. At the end of the day if you can play, play. If you can play and sing, let it rip. But if you want to do both <link to Justin's video cut from the quote>
Simples.

Toby
 8)

LOL "simples" ... well certainly simply said but not so simply done.  I reckon I may be as old as Keef if I wait to be able to follow Justin's process from start to finish before I play and sing.  So for now I shall continue on the "let it rip" principle and rely on audience kindness to accept the rough edges.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App