Author Topic: Guitar Challenge 0021 - D Major 3rds, B minor blues, E minor pentatonic & more  (Read 4148 times)

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 382
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Fabulous, Neil. Just so melodic, lovely phrasing and delicious tone. By way of compliment, may I say, quite Knopfler-esque in my ears.

Offline Fourtwo

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 42
Fabulous, Neil. Just so melodic, lovely phrasing and delicious tone. By way of compliment, may I say, quite Knopfler-esque in my ears.

Thanks David, you're really kind. I'm pleased with this one as I did it in one take, whereas the previous ones have tended to be overdubs of parts where I messed up. I messed up a few times on this one too, but decided to leave it all in. I still take a lot of time to work on licks that I think will stitch together though before I record.
Neil

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 653
  • Teesside, North East England.
@FourTwo

Neil, you've struck a seam of gold again. What I think you have managed to do well here is play a lot of melodic phrases that could actually be delivered by a vocalist. Including lots of punctuation and space for taking a breath. After the track finishes I can still hear and hum some of your licks in my head. Good stuff.
:)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 179
    • YouTube
Yeah, pure gold. Very well played. So melodic and soulful. You do a little jog in there that really caught my attention -- a bit like the drum roll in parts. Inspired. Nailed the heck out of it.

Offline Fourtwo

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 42
@FourTwo

Neil, you've struck a seam of gold again. What I think you have managed to do well here is play a lot of melodic phrases that could actually be delivered by a vocalist. Including lots of punctuation and space for taking a breath. After the track finishes I can still hear and hum some of your licks in my head. Good stuff.
:)

Richard,
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, and also for putting these tracks out there to challenge us.
Neil

Yeah, pure gold. Very well played. So melodic and soulful. You do a little jog in there that really caught my attention -- a bit like the drum roll in parts. Inspired. Nailed the heck out of it.

Thanks Clint, appreciate your insights. I'd love to hear your interpretation. ;)
Neil

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 179
    • YouTube
Thanks Clint, appreciate your insights. I'd love to hear your interpretation. ;)
Neil
I sort of moved on from this challenge. Just shifted gears. I'm off to work on other chops. Your take took the cake!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App