Author Topic: Live on The balcony  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 50
Live on The balcony
« on: April 12, 2020, 11:52:50 pm »
Hello

You probably all know the inside of my flat. So I present you now the outside of it haha  ;D
I started singing every-night now at 8pm, while everybody go on their window / balcony to clap for health staff during this coronavirus crisis.
It's really cool cause people are really enjoying the moment together with music. Tonight was really cool, I did 3 songs, then wanted to stop cause one guy was complaining since the 2nd song (some of his closer neighbours got him relaxed though), but then lots of people wanted and were asking for a 4rth one.

One guy I know from the building in front of mine filmed for a bit. I did not have the whole song but just a part so I went for an instagram post where you usually go for something less than 1min.

I think it's cool sharing music, and still being able to share live music during those times.

It is a French song from a rock /punk french band called "Les Wampas", this song is actually more like a ballad. this band really give from the best live show you could dream for. If you are interesting go on youtube and check it out, it's pretty amazing.

Les Wampas - Les bottes rouges     (the title means "the red boots")

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-5YFvTIynE/?igshid=hxzos9biao79

Take care

Cheers

Kev

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 627
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: Live on The balcony
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 12:34:10 am »
Bravo Kevin - what a wonderful thing - to share music with your community from your balcony.
 8)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 02:41:22 am »
Love this Kevin love you for it.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 06:48:24 am »
Very cool indeed Kevin.  Took at the piano post as well.

Music will certainly play it's part in the coping and healing.

Bravo

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 50
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 10:53:45 pm »
Thank you guys for your answers I really appreciate this.

I want to share a new video of this series. Christophe, a French singer is dead from corona virus. He was 74, so it is mostly from my parents and even older generation taste. But he had some great songs that everyone knows in France. 
I usually do 3 songs a day, and tonight I did one song from him. It's called "Aline". Many people were so glad to hear this, some old people wave at me and were just happy to hear this tribute.

Tell me if maybe you know this song. I am sometimes surprised to realise some French songs managed to get known outside of France.

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.cagnon.50/videos/10163265974013990/?notif_id=1587157062628329&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

Stay safe. and keep on playing music.

Love

Kev

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 01:49:40 am »
This is really cool. I don't know the Christophe song, but I'm sure you played it well. Your neighbors must be so grateful. Except for that guy. Haha. What's up with him? Glad he decided to relax and let everyone else enjoy your songs.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 03:43:59 am »
Here's another old person waving at you Kevin, this time from Australie. This is one of those songs where I hear the depth of emotion you have, expressed in a heart touching way. I have goosebumps and tears - my highest praise.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 06:50:19 am »
Good on you for sharing music, paying tribute and I am sure providing a moment of joy and happiness, Kevin.

I didn't know the song. Your rendition was full of feeling and a worthy tribute to honour Cristophe.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 627
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 09:43:31 am »
Kevin - so long as we have lock down we will have you sharing your passion and love of music with your community. Every cloud has a silver lining. Bravo. :)

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 181
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 10:16:34 am »
Saw the news about Christophe on France 24 this morning, sad loss some great ballads.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200417-france-chanson-christophe-daniel-bevilacqua-singer-obituary-aline-les-mots-bleus

Wonderful of you to share his work with your neighbours.

Well done Kevin.
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?to

Offline oldhead49

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 167
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 06:21:41 pm »
Kevin, I've seen people doing this on the news in the U.S., and thought what a great thing to do.  It's fantastic to see one of our own contributing their talents and brightening spirits as we endure the pandemic lockdown.  You've brightened my day just seeing this clip, and I'm sure those around you truly appreciate it.  You are to be applauded.

Offline Garfield

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 42
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 07:58:31 am »
Kevin you lucky guy you've got a stage and an audience right outside your door.

Great that you're doing this.

Sent from my SM-A530F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 93
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2020, 10:55:35 am »
Well done Kevin. We go to France a lot on holiday, mostly in our caravan, although my wife has an uncle who lives in Paris and has a balcony that I’ve sat on many times. Listening to you play and the link that tobyjenner posted, I realise that I have unknowingly heard Christophe play many times on French radio and in cafés etc. A very typically French style of chanson.
I’m cycling on my static exercise bike listening to Christophe and thinking of past French holidays as I type this! We won’t get back there anytime soon I fear!

Thank you for the music and reminding me of happier times - and those to come in the future!
Studying Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules.
Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎.
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline schlaffenwagen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 85
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 12:08:11 pm »
Bravo bravissimo Kevin! :)
Keep on rocking!

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 116
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2020, 12:16:27 pm »
Very cool Kevin and great that someone filmed you. Seems while this CVD is absolutely terrible it also brings the best out of people and in ways we haven't done for a long time.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE, Yamaha Pacifica 112V, HB Tele, Fender Mustang 1v2, Katana 100, Trio Plus, Boss GT1
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0AFFSNE1iGnbQQ

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2020, 02:26:47 pm »
Loved seeing your real-life moments on your Instagram. Great performances. I have a cousin in New York that lives in similar situations. She has sent us videos of the neighborhood clapping for the medical professions at 7:00 each evening. So touching.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 50
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 09:43:15 am »
Thank you for watching and for great comments. I really appreciate this, lots of positive vibes here.
Thanks.

Stay safe and enjoy life. 

Offline Balamuthiah

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 01:51:40 pm »
Amazing Kevin! Very heart warming!

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2020, 01:00:27 am »
Great stuff Kev! Ive just followed you and watched some of your other Instagram posts also Too cool!

Sent from my CPH1920 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Get The Forum As A Mobile App