Author Topic: BOSS GT1 VS MOOER Ge 150  (Read 1963 times)

Offline rockinwwf

• Good Vibes 0
BOSS GT1 VS MOOER Ge 150
« on: March 02, 2020, 05:30:27 pm »
Hi
I am a newbie on electric guitar. I buy it 3 months ago and I have learned 3 chords and 1 min changes.

now I wanna buy something like amps, I am always in travel and I need something to carry with my guitar.

I have searched a lot.
I saw that  I can buy some multi-fx instead of an amp and practice at home with my headphone or my home theater system.
i would be thankful if you have any suggestions about boss gt-1 or mooer ge 150, or another under 200$ multi-fx that can be used instead of  amp.
please let me know
best regard

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 167
    • Point Fifty
Re: BOSS GT1 VS MOOER Ge 150
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 09:49:02 pm »
I think both units will do good and it's an excellent time and setting for you to buy a ocmpact multi fx.
I, personally, would go for the Mooer

You'll get to know all different kinds of sounds, effects and combinations.
(at least, that's how I learned it :))
I think the mooer has a bit more bang for buck, even though Boss has a bit more solid reputation.

just make sure you have a kind of headphone that fits in the headphone outfit of the unit you want to purchase

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline rockinwwf

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 10:51:44 pm »
thank you sir.i have my mobile phone headphone its enough?

and it's possible that I connect mooer to my home theater instead of headphone? ( i read somewhere the mooer don't have line-out connection  thomann. de/gb/ mooer_ge150_amp_modelling_multi. htm and it's dangerous for my speakers?)

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 167
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 12:12:52 am »
The best way to connect it to your home theater would be a cable going from your headphone output to an input on the home theater. You'll need a specific cable for that, depending on the type of input.

if your mobile phone headphone resembles a classic headphone jack, it will probably work.

just make sure to keep the outgoing volume quite low.
It's a but unorthodox but with a low enough output volume it will work.
Did similar things in the past as well. (20y ago but still...)

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline rockinwwf

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:30:45 am »
Thank you for your all your help

Offline 8livesleft

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 11:02:37 am »
I have the Boss GT1.

Nowadays, I think they're all pretty much the same since you can edit all of the patches.

However, when it comes to support, you have to give the advantage to the bigger companies.

This is especially true when it comes to drivers - if you intend to connect to your computer.

Like you, I got this because I want something I could use for my guitar amp, stereo and usb interface. So far, I'm definitely glad I got this.

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 154
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 12:18:44 pm »
One thing that recent Boss products including, I believe, the  GT1, Katana, etc. do that is fairly unique is the ability to record wet/dry and do re-amping. If you plan to do a lot of post-production work in the DAW this may be a useful feature.

It's an interesting capability but, personally, I've only really used it a couple of times.

One thing I dislike about the GT1 is the lack of any drum track. I know that isn't it's primary function, but many other units these days have a drum track capability which syncs with the looper.

The Mooer GE-150 has this, as well as loadable IRs. I have the GT1 but, overall, if I was buying today I would get the Mooer.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 12:53:48 pm by Majik »
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline 8livesleft

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 04:14:45 am »
One thing that recent Boss products including, I believe, the  GT1, Katana, etc. do that is fairly unique is the ability to record wet/dry and do re-amping. If you plan to do a lot of post-production work in the DAW this may be a useful feature.

It's an interesting capability but, personally, I've only really used it a couple of times.

One thing I dislike about the GT1 is the lack of any drum track. I know that isn't it's primary function, but many other units these days have a drum track capability which syncs with the looper.

The Mooer GE-150 has this, as well as loadable IRs. I have the GT1 but, overall, if I was buying today I would get the Mooer.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Ya my zoom gu2.1 had drums. Same with my old korg px4.

Great practice tool.

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

Get The Forum As A Mobile App