Author Topic: Southpaw  (Read 2373 times)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 130
    • YouTube
Re: Southpaw
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2020, 09:16:54 pm »
There's not a thing in the world wrong with playing a non-standard instrument. Go for it if it suits you, they are available in different sizes, configurations, shapes and colors. Not as many options though as there are with standard instruments. As a practical matter one could make a case for having the fingertip calluses on your less dominant hand, but there are also advantages to being able to fret with your dominant hand or strum/pick with same. 

@Drubbing, something being available does not automatically justify its existence.

@Lieven, only 100? Certainly not more than, "what guitar should I buy?". There is no final answer to the left vs right discussion or any number of questions asked here and elsewhere day in and day out.

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 102
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2020, 01:03:46 am »

@Drubbing, something being available does not automatically justify its existence.

@Lieven, only 100? Certainly not more than, "what guitar should I buy?". There is no final answer to the left vs right discussion or any number of questions asked here and elsewhere day in and day out.

Did that sound as ridiculous writing it as it does reading it? So, in your narrow view, you can't understand the need for LH guitars, so all left handed people should just suck it up and conform to the majority? Because that's the sub text you get from it.

It's certainly a justified existence for me. I wouldn't be playing if they weren't available. As often said, some LH can adapt, all of us having areas of ambidexterity, others can't.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 130
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2020, 07:40:58 am »
My point was an overarching one, people are willing to pay for all sorts of things. It's not a forgone conclusion that a left-handed person, or person with smaller hands, or a shorter person needs a special guitar. If they believe they need it, someone will most likely sell them one. There are people that play guitar with their feet. It's OK.   

Get The Forum As A Mobile App