Author Topic: Twilight Storm's Road Case  (Read 20260 times)

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
  • I kinda suck at music, but that doesn't stop me!
Re: Twilight Storm's Road Case
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2020, 03:52:16 am »
Lol David! Yes, good point. It's a technique I need and will take a long while to nail. Still... Bleh.

So tonight going to see how this goes:

Warm up - till complete.
1-2 min- half step bends
1-2 min- whole step bends
1-2 min- pinch harmonics
1-2 min 4 finger trill (because it's been a while and even failing it was good to work on)
1 min chord changes for a few giving me a hard time in Two Djinn still.
1x G major scale patterns across fretboard. (Not timed, just so I retain them)
Explore caged G shapes (no real set time. It depends.)
1x though Anybody out there to retain it.
10 min- Two Djinn sections
Explore shepherd tones for a bit, either on instrument or in the daw, just because its new and shiny and cool as hell. (Might wait till I'm not on the verge of a panic attack and meditate or go for a walk instead if I can't calm down.)

Came in to edit out the post about the pictures until I could upload them, but you beat me to it. I'll look at the img site... I haven't had great luck with those kind of sites in the past. I had a lot going on yesterday and today. Just now getting a chance to play/practice, but have to wait until my hands dry thoroughly. I don't want to loose my calluses again.

I don't know about other people's situations, but all the people in this house are ready to start ripping each other apart. (And there's quite a few people here)

Probably won't get those pictures until tomorrow. I want to take them outside for better light.
Just a noob who likes diminished chords and songs that use them.

Electric Guitar - Yamaha Pacifica - 012 DLX. (SSH)

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2020, 02:17:06 pm »
Sounds like a well structured and thought out practice routine, Becky.  Once upon a time I thought I might write up a routine, blinked, and the notion passed out of mind  :o

I'm fortunate, live in a medium-sized (I think, though maybe some would say large, all so relative) suburban house, with a garden, with my wife and son ... so all is calm and peaceful at home.

I have not had my experience with image-upload sites.  had no hassles with imgur.  Look forward to the pictures of those guitars ...

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2020, 02:57:28 am »
Still haven't gotten those pictures up...

A lot of garbage happened. Been stressed...

As for practice, I dropped everything when Andrew posted Evan's arrangement of Georgia On My Mind.

Since my 2 year anniversary of playing ukulele is coming up, I decided to learn it since I absolutely love the song, it seems like other than a few technical bits of Evan swag and applying the techniques in ways i'm not used to, everything in the arrangement is something i've put time into. Making the necessary changes for Low G uke to sound okay is something I usually save for easier songs but I think I can do this.

I'm stuck on theme 3 at the moment. I can't get whatever screen youtube lets you change the speed of videos anymore. Andrew teaches the bit i'm stuck on, but it isn't sounding like what Evan is doing when I try to play it. I haven't figured out why that is.. yet..... I should ask since i've been stuck for awhile... I can't tell if it's not right because of low G differences or if it's me sucking at playing, or if maybe the lesson isn't covering what he's playing exactly?? Andrew said he's teaching something more in line with his style on this one. I kind of had to laugh when he said that! My first thought was "Oh great, not only am I trying to imitate Evan singing like Ray Charles, but now I have to do low G changes and put my ear training to use trying to reinterpret the lesson in parts that were changed slightly to better fit Andrew's playstyle."

I swear, teachers.... 😂 I really hate when you guys blindside me sometimes with things I didn't think I'd need to know right away.

Because it's an Evan arrangement it's a bit high end skill level. I'm comfortable playing Andrew's level 2- 3 songs, depending on the song. Level 4 is his advanced songs. Georgia is all i've been doing, other than the Caged study. I've been using my guitalele to learn on rather than my Tiny Tenor. I haven't picked up my electric guitar. I lost my calluses again for those heavy strings. I'll work on electric and general guitar again after Georgia. I really want to get one Evan arrangement down before I loose my premium membership.

Because I fell behind schedule being stuck a week now, I'm concerned about being able to get the arrangement learned in time. However Andrew's right. Things repeat. The part i'm stuck on repeats, so once I understand what's going on it should go smoother, if not faster. There's another bit Evan does a sliding melody lick I somehow think i'll be stuck on too because I doubt it's covered in the lesson.

Anyway, I'll likely be more quiet here for a month or two while as I focus on this arrangement. I really want to get this song down. I can take imperfection, but I plan on keeping this song memorized so hopefully imperfections will eventually get ironed out. I might pop in to update, and i'll link my performance over there here when i'm done.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2020, 05:03:28 am »
Good to hear from you Becky.

Hope you got all the garbage cleaned up.

Didn't follow all the references to Evan, Andrew, and then Ray Charles popped which nudges me to look up the song ... I expect I'll recognise it.

No matter, sure you will overcome the challenges and obstacles and be able to play it in due course ... when talking to yourself about this process I suggest throwing in liberal use of the word "yet" ... "I'm yet to play ...."

Take care, till next time ...

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2020, 06:36:40 pm »
David, good to hear from you. I pm-ed you the video of Evan's performance. Then I woke up, and decided I should probably post it here, and my favorite video of the song at the moment.

Midnight Special live performance by Ray Charles:

Evan's chord melody ukulele arrangement of Georgia On My Mind:

Anyway, that's the arrangement i'm trying to learn. I'm pretty sure it's a song most people have probably heard quite a bit?

-------
I did successfully make bits of a "my first chord melody arrangement" to Daydream Believer (on guitalele) after being inspired by Troy doing a bass cover of it a few days ago, and the melody and Davey's voice is really fun to try to imitate because he doesn't sing a quarter step sharp like the dude from Yes, (playing a melody with exactly a quarter step bend going on constantly during certain vocal registers is quite difficult!) And most of the singers I love have something just as difficult going on.
( TJH3113 is Troy's bass channel. I recommend checking him out if people are unfamiliar, whether people play bass or not.)

Anyway that's the pool of crazy I jumped into music-wise.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2020, 05:17:52 am »
Okay. This update won't make sense to anyone but me probably since it's mainly dealing with the arrangement and things i'm doing. You've been warned if you read on.

Been a crazy time but managed to get in some good practicing on some days. Missed a bunch of days of practice too. I'm not as far along in the arrangement as I'd hoped to be on this date with Georgia On My Mind, BUT i'm kind of further than I kind of really am.

Since I wasn't fully comfortable playing some of the things Evan was doing, I paused going farther until I really was playing it to where I was semi happy with it. The way the beginning of theme 2 was presented in the video lesson threw me off too. I needed to get a grip with "the hardest bar" because that presented rhythm didn't sound at all right stuck randomly into Evan's feel?... The different feel presented in the lesson threw me off from Evan's big time. It turns out the "hardest bar" isn't really all that hard. Figuring it out from the video kind of was hard as hell for me.

I am pretty confident I got close to what he's doing. It sounds close anyway. Because I didn't go farther, and I wanted to loop theme 2, I came up with a lick that isn't in the arrangement, but turns out it sounds good and replaces the bit I didn't learn "properly" yet, pretty darn well. (Go me) This isn't exactly new for me. I'm guilty of making a lick in the past to cover notes I needed. The only difference is, the first time on the other jazz tune that I did it on, I had absolutely no idea what I did. Now I do, and know why it works for the most part.

I subconsciously incorporated how a variation later on, sounded, with a slight variation of the lick as well. (No, btw it's not THAT lick. 😉)

I got comfortable enough to change the rhythm? of the song..... When that starts to happen and I start "singing" a song different ways, things get weird, so it was time to focus on moving forward instead of changing the song into something unrecognizable! lol! It's fun but I'm trying to meet a deadline, which might not happen at this point anyway, but i'm kind of content with that now that it's sounding pretty good-ish and i'm pretty okay with playing what I consider the solo-y bits added to the chords so far. Everything in the song pretty much is stuff I've been practicing like I said. It's just how it all comes together that's a step up from things I usually try to play.

Since Georgia only really is a melody A and B, I didn't move on till tonight. Having just started going forward again I say i'm farther along than I thought, just due to the comfort level playing the A melody and some variation to the song I made on my own. The song also incorporates stuff I was learning on guitar.

The rest, so far, after my dismal reading ability, and gimpy changes from high g to Low G, is coming along so much quicker now that i've come to terms with what's actually going on. It was one of those "OH" moments then things got smoother suddenly.

That said, this is definitely a fun song to play. I've worked on not pausing which I do. It's making me strengthen my pinky and come up with gimpy vibrato/bending for that hammer on riff/lick. I'm bad at that lick because there's no way in hell *I* can do Evan's vibrato there so I kind of bend the string to get the same-ish sound the vibrato gives. As I continue to play the song I hope it will continue to improve.

Since i'm not entering Georgia as an official challenge (that i'm aware of... Maybe it will appear, maybe it won't by the time i'm happy with the song.) I can change more bits then I'd dare to usually.

One thing I stuck to was moving down to a high g note in the A melody. I spent at least a week trying both places I could play the high g note I needed since I do Low G uke. I loose a triplet feel for a second, but gain a finger setup for the next chord hammer on pull off thing. It's working for me, and I put a LOT of thought into it based on how I play.

One thing... I noticed when I was revisiting the first video lesson I give myself "time" for a change in one spot. I'm not super concerned, but the fact remains I changed how it's being played a bit to facilitate my slow self by "singing" it a bit different in that spot. Giving ourselves time was something covered before in prior lessons so it shouldn't be a huge deal I hope.

I do have to still do some major work but i'm really happy with how this is moving along now. 👍 I got scared this song was above my skill for awhile, but it's really not. I can do the cord changes, I can do the solo-y movements, I pretty much know why i'm in certain places on the neck, my right hand I really haven't thought about for a while now overall, I'm even managing to change an Evan arrangement to my liking for Low G, and so far managing to transcribe Evan bits that bother me not being there per say from the video, which is new for me... So yeah, it's really not above where i'm at skill wise imo.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2020, 06:48:53 am »
Let me say that I think it made sense without really understanding the details, Becky

Sounds like you are making good progress.  So all I can say is that I look forward to hearing it when that time comes.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 197
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2020, 09:12:52 am »
Low G ukes are good to have, I’ve got two tenor ukes, one high G and the other low G, I play the low G one the most. It’s just a nicer sound to me and apart from that there are lots of songs that I like where a high G just doesn’t work - like House of the rising sun and Stairway to heaven, go for it! It’s not too difficult to do, Fluocarbon strings make it easier and sound better because you can get a string that’s solid fluocarbon instead of wound. A company called Living water do them and they ship anywhere.

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2020, 03:27:38 am »
Georgia is still coming along. I'm not posting about that though.

I might be getting way too excited over this prematurely!

I used to mess around with Blender, free 3d modeling/animation software. Anyway, I saw they made some really nice updates to it since I killed my last video card. R.I.P. I decided to see if the newest vesion would install on my not so awesome laptop, and it did, although it doesn't have a video card past whatever Intel shoved in the onboard graphics chip. I'm not sure i'll be rendering anything on the laptop, but the changes they made to Blender are looking nice.

Anyway!! Mucking around in the program I saw a speaker object could be added into the scenes. this probably isn't new, but it caught my attention since I have FL Studio now. After looking it up in the manual it looks like they gave you have a ton of control over sound in a 3d space. If I don't need a game engine or something wacky to record from blender or off my computer, I think I might be able to put sounds in a 3d space and ideally, I hope to be able to re-record the sound playing inside the 3d space. (Picture moving around in a game if your character flips on the radio and moves around the room, how objects like walls, furnature, doors, block and muffle sounds. Another sort of example is how the Yes album Fragile is recorded. They sound like they were recorded in a room and the band is in a circle around the listener. In 3d I could place speaker cubes around the camera play that. But record what the camera hears.

Now I have no idea if this is possible at this point. 3d software for sound is expensive and I gave up on being able to do that, but if I can load the clips into objects in a blender space then animate the camera to move through the space hearing the sounds play... It sounds like it will work... But not sure how to record hearing what the camera does, since the timeline sounds would just be the sounds themselves.

Eeeeeeeee!!!!!

Well, almost Eeeeeeeeee!!! I need to figure out if recording from Blender or what's playing on my computer is possible first somehow, and I don't have working headphones either which REALLY REALLY sucks since I kind of need them to really hear what effect the sound would be having.

Regardless, i'll stick with feeling excited, until I find out about recording FROM Blender or my computer in general.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2020, 05:29:14 am »
Fascinating, Becky. Have fun with that ... and Georgia

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 197
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2020, 06:09:39 am »
That’s interesting Becky, I’ve not looked at a Blender for a long time! I’m using FreeCad at the moment for my design projects and having fun learning it (it’s not too difficult coming from a SolidWorks background!). I never really got into it because I didn’t really see it as being an engineering design tool, more of a gaming design tool - I could be wrong though, I didn’t spend too much time trying to find out 😂

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 633
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2020, 10:03:45 am »
Thanks for the update - glad your triads is yielding results.
One note - this is a politics free forum. :)

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2020, 03:13:10 pm »
Ok Close, not a problem. 👍 Although I thought we could write what we want in our road case as long as it's family appropriate.

I'll just delete the whole entry. It's not important, and don't wanna ruffle feathers. No biggie.

Sorry it took so long to see the reply.

Edit to add: November 8th 2020 never existed now. 😁👍

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2020, 04:20:13 pm »
Received the new set of electric guitar strings this morning. I went with the stainless steel half round strings again but in 9's this time.

I'll keep an eye out for fret wear, and I'm going to see if I can get the 10's off intact to re-use the set in an emergency. They're in great shape, and despite this set almost being a year old I can't just trash them if they're fine.

I found videos on crack repair. I looked at the old Rex Royal archtop and might be able to fix it myself eventually. It sounds like just the crack repair would be around $1000 minimum which is crazy expensive for me, especially since I can probably get a new one for less. (Sorry, can't post pictures of my dead guitar collection, I tried)

Anyway, asked about that fantastic song I can't talk about here, on YouTube. 😉 I managed to figure out the first chord. I'm pretty confident it's a Dm, although I thought it was a G6 at first lol.(wow, my ear is impressive huh? <-sarcasm.) Despite trying my best, I can't figure out the chords. Some are buried enough in the rest of the song I just can't hear what's going on, and i'm not good enough yet to hear chords, just melody apparently. I'm fairly confident the second chord has a D in it though! The little fill at the transition to the second chord ends on a D and it settles in as a sound i'm hearing in the second one.

Honestly don't know what i'm going to do now if no one can help me on YouTube seeing I can't ask for help here.... Sigh. That bit sucks a lot. One good thing though, I know not to share my song here if I do finish it. THAT is good to know. It's a bit strange considering folk is political, but not needing to share is A-Okay in my book lol. I wouldn't have recovered from the anxiety of posting junk I make myself, to begin with probably.

Anyway, it's new strings day! And with luck someone will know the chord progression to the song so I can work out more of it.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2020, 04:29:59 pm »
Never got to read the deleted post, Becky ... that'll teach me not to read immediately  :o

So I have no idea what you might have spoken about, though assume not a huge enormous issue or Richard would've taken action to remove sections or the entire post himself.

And as such can't offer anything further on the matter of getting help on chords or the sharing of the song you are working on.  I can say that I wrote and shared a song with what I think could count as a political message and am working on another that could spark some political conversation. I will share it with a note that in the Forum we can talk about the production but not get into a debate about the message.

Good luck with the re-stringing

Maybe PM Richard to make sure you are not over-correcting.

Offline glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2020, 05:52:33 pm »
First of all, regarding the "non-existent" post from 8th of November (I did see it ;) ).

I am actually amazed to see your triads progress. That's some serious work you put in. Keep it going! Also sad to hear about your access expiring. I think your observation is very accurate in how Justin showed that people on this forum can do music. I did forget the name of the person that was your "Justin" but hopefully at some point you get access back. Regarding nice people being around wether in person or online. There's many of them around. We might just not notice them straight away. I met quite a few of my very close friends on the most random ocassions both in person and online (including some folks from this forum).

To double David's suggestion. PM close2u to double check. The song itself might not be problematic. Enjoy your fresh-strings-day and keep rockin' 8)!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 633
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2020, 08:13:16 pm »
Hi Becky. Just to clarify - linking to and performing songs with a political content doesn't ruffle feathers. My comments to you related to something you wrote (which was neutral but might have invited further comment from others, especially at within this particular week).

Offline brianlarsen

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 112
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2020, 09:38:13 pm »
performing songs with a political content doesn't ruffle feathers.
I'm workin' on it  ;)

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2020, 01:40:04 am »
I've tried posting responses to you guys at least 9 times. The problem is I type a little, I sleep the tablet, come back, etc.... I've had issues with the tab erasing or logging me, and it goes away. Not a big deal, but it's annoying. If I used office and just copied here it would solve my problem but the office on Android kind of sucks imo.

David- You didn't miss anything except my disillusionment about humanity and the Lisa Carver song. As Glp mentioned, I finished writing out the 12 CAGED sheets with the triads for guitalele. Only a few gave me problems because of the way the chords wrapped at the 12th fret.

Here's the amazing song though:

https://youtu.be/1vLUHPfwYl8

I'm at a standstill on how to practice the triads in a musical way. I wanted to do chord progressions but I need information I can't find, and because i'm the way I am, i'm stuck. However i've noticed i'm doing a few more things on auto pilot I wasn't before. Which is good, but mostly bad.

Brian - I'm counting on it! 💖 The only feeling i've managed to provoke in people by playing for them so far, is a bit depressing. I made a few people feel something at least, which is the whole point of music I guess. It just blindsided me!

Glp - The guy name who "gave me music" is Andrew. (rockclass101) Losing premium access isn't the end of the world, but I miss it. I'm still a free member over there.

And I know there's nice people out there. I'm just getting worn down by the mean ones and having to cram my feelings away and say nothing about anything going on, sucks.

Music update post in the works.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2020, 04:23:02 am »
I'm working on the intermediate version of Mitch's arrangement of the theme from Cheers at the moment. I started it a couple nights ago. I've got the tricky piano part memorized, but not smooth yet. The tricky part isn't as bad as I thought it would be, he broke it down really well. Funny enough, i'm having more trouble transitioning into the alternating bass thumb part, then the labeled tricky part. Either way i'm not moving onto the rest until I have everything up to "wouldn't you like to get away" smooth.

https://youtu.be/NkE7Fs_czVQ

It's a song I want to keep in my repertoire anyway. I wish I had a working regular acoustic guitar at times. I'm playing it on electric because that's what I got to work with guitar-wise. It doesn't quite work as-is on guitalele. It might if I transpose it, but i'm not ready for that junk yet.... Which brings me back to needing more info on Caged.

Before that I was (and still am) working on Moon River from an arrangement I found on jazz guitar lessons.net's, blog? Their download included a lead sheet with the single note melody, (which I had figured out by myself mostly already) a chord sheet, and a chord melody sheet.

Mitch had said chord melodies were mainly found in jazz. It made me think if I knew anything that could be a "standard." (Wtf makes anything a standard anyway??!!) I thought about it for a few days and wondered if Moon River was a standard. Turns out it is. It's short, and I already mostly knew how it went. It took me a few days to memorize the words because I really don't listen to lyrics as lyrics, and get comfortable with the melody in a bunch of places on the fretboard.

I'm ready to work on their step 2 which is the chords. I have to revisit the lesson again at some point soon.

Single note melody garbage is something I got pretty good at, although I didn't really see a point to being good at it. Other than chord melodies, i'm still not convinced it's particularly useful skill compared to others.

Other than the above, I've started a bunch of songs, i've figured out a ton of single note melodies including the riff to Crazy Train which just popped out of nowhere the other day. (Crazy Train sounds kind of weird clean.) So yeah, Andrew is right. If you can sing it, you CAN play it.... At least a single note melody of "it" in my case. I still have to give him a hard time about the saying because I still can't play Recuerdos de la Alhambra. 😉

Anyway i'm going to revisit all Justin's stuff on Caged. If he doesn't answer my questions, I'll scour my favorite guitar teachers stuff. If they don't answer my questions i'll ask in the forums here to find out where to look for answers.

Anyway that's where i'm at right now. I've been off the structured learning tracks for a while. I need to get back on the rails.

Since this time of year is emotionally bad, I might just stay off track until February and just do stuff that keeps me going, and keeps me occupied. Don't know yet. I'll have to see how I hold up.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2020, 05:48:27 am »
Good to hear from you, Becky.

Thanks for the Lisa Carver song. It sure moves me, resonates well with lots of my own thoughts. Disillusionment with humanity ... I'm with you, and that there are also moments that lift the spirit.

Spirit lifting for me was to watch My Octopus Teacher. A netflix doco shot down in the fairest Cape of my homeland, but a story that is a little more than a typical natural history, ecosystem doco.

Richard wrote up a series on of posts in the Forum on triads. Replying here not sure exactly where to find that series, maybe under Tips and Technique. Search it out and maybe gives you something to use.

I think being able to figure out and play the single note melodies is  most useful skill.  Doesn't come easily to me. The only couple of times I've got close to that is more by accident, when I stumble over a few notes when noodling and think it sounds like a song.

Go well with the songs you are working on and hope to hear you playing them soon.

And wish you all you need to hold up well.

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2020, 09:55:28 pm »
David- I'll see if I can check out My Octopus Teacher somewhere. I seem to remember seeing something like that years ago on Nova? (Maybe? It was on the public broadcasting station anyway) I wonder if it's the same show? The name sounds familiar.

Single note melody garbage hasn't been particularly useful to me so far which is why I got so excited seeing the way they presented the lesson. It probably still won't be useful until I learn more, but I haven't even done the second step yet, so I have no idea how that will all go. I'm hoping to be able to make the chord melody myself and double check it against their sheet at the end. that's probably wishful thinking. It's going to take me a long time to get through the rest of the steps i'm sure, if I don't get frustrated.

On single note junk:

If you know nursery rhymes and Christmas carols well enough in your head or can sing a note out loud and match it on the fretboard, you got a good foot in the door with single note stuff if you want a way to mess around with the major scale. Christmas songs are all in there too with a vengeance.

I have my very first attempt at "learning a song by ear" recorded on soundcloud. I can share the utterly cringy thing again if you're curious enough to want to hear bad playing lol. (I can't, in good faith, recommend it) I made it private I think. I was really proud of it then though.

Anyway thanks David. I'll go take my jingle bell crazy train over moon river back to whoville with gloria and inspector gadget so we can all hang out where everybody knows your name.....

Cheers! 😉 (I need sleep)
Becky

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2020, 04:50:42 am »
Becky,

MOT is a new release. You can get some details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Octopus_Teacher

Maybe I could start with Happy Birthday. I also stumbed over some notes that sound a little like When The Saints.  Meant to find a simple recording of that and try to transcribe it, as I recall I found something to listen to and never got to trying to transcribe it.

LOL ... loved that sign-off

Hope you slept well :)

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2020, 07:49:15 am »
Worked on somewhere over the rainbow. I can't unhear it in the chords with that moon river lesson. I really want to unhear it.

Did a few more rundowns of the part I stoped at in the Cheers theme.

Worked on Justin's Barbecue King-ish study. Fun stuff btw. My friend came by and he offered me a Mikes hard mango I decided having a drink tonight sounded kinda fun. So yeah failing at trying to pull off Jorma when buzzed is fun. I can't say i'm following the lesson. Just been messing around improvising. Probably sounds awful. I should record myself since im probably pissing everyone off at 2am! Might as well enjoy myself until I get told to shut up!

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2020, 09:21:45 am »
Always enjoy your updates, Becky.

Stay safe and well, keep on rocking !!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App