Author Topic: Twilight Storm's Road Case  (Read 19581 times)

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
  • I kinda suck at music, but that doesn't stop me!
Re: Twilight Storm's Road Case
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2020, 06:31:49 am »
Lol thanks david, I stuck the link inside the soundcloud icons In the forum. 😂 I was like "no link won't stop me"... what? Lol oops.

The backing track is too quiet and my playing is obnoxiously loud and annoying before soundcloud gets ahold of it. It was loud enough to hear my playing in my opinion, so I posted. Ill try panning the backing track next time, or maybe doubling the guitar tracks or something.

I'm liking the noise reduction plugin inside guitar rig 5. It does a good job reducing the electrical noise. It's not gone, but I don't need to get creative with eq when I use it. I'll need to try it with the mic when I record the guitalele and uke.

Fixing the link now sorry 😂
Just a noob who likes diminished chords and songs that use them.

Electric Guitar - Yamaha Pacifica - 012 DLX. (SSH)

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2020, 06:57:03 am »
Quite intrigued by what SC did to the levels, Becky ... perplexing and annoying at the same time.

Good to hear the guitar rig sw is working well.

And no apologies needed on the link, these things happen, especially when their are buttons to embed like the SC button that just don't work  :o

Online Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 216
    • My Road Case
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2020, 10:54:50 am »
Soundcloud will not change the relative levels of the backing track and your guitar. That's done on your PC before you upload it to Soundcloud.

I was wondering if Soundcloud normalized the audio, which would explain the volume change but, no, they don't.

If the playback in Soundcloud is a different level than the file in your DAW, that's probably the audio settings on your PC which is causing the browser to play back louder than the DAW. There may be a mixer app you can use to adjust the playback levels of different applications.

For what it's worth, I didn't think the guitar in any way overwhelmed the backing track. If anything it was a bit quiet. It certainly wasn't obnoxiously loud or annoying to me.

Cheers,

Keith

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2020, 04:12:22 pm »
<snip>
The backing track is too quiet and my playing is obnoxiously loud and annoying before soundcloud gets ahold of it.
<snip>
Hard to say for sure exactly what Soundcloud does with uploaded files, but I assume they apply a bit of compression. I found saving and uploading uncompressed files in .aiff format to be truer to my original track. That's purely my opinion using my ears. 

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2020, 01:48:35 am »
I'll give that a shot CT, thank you. I've only tried wav and mp3. I usually export in mp3 because wav can get a bit big.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2020, 07:24:14 am »
I'll give that a shot CT, thank you. I've only tried wav and mp3. I usually export in mp3 because wav can get a bit big.

Becky, I'd suggest that uploading mp3 to SC should be avoided, unless you have bandwidth constraints. mp3 is compressed (file size not musical fx :) ) or a "lossy" format and when you stream from SC, there is further compression and loss. But as far as I understand from my research SC doesn't do any soundlevel normalisation, as YT, Spotify, etc. do.

Maybe to reduce the size of a wav file, which is lossless, you can consider the bit-depth used to render the file, typically (I think) 16 or 20 and the sample rate, 44100 or higher. I use 16 bit and 44100 and results seem fine; though you will find arguments out there advocating strongly for higher values.  I can't actually comment, to do so is beyond my most basic grasp.

Online Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 216
    • My Road Case
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2020, 07:41:58 am »

Becky, I'd suggest that uploading mp3 to SC should be avoided, unless you have bandwidth constraints. mp3 is compressed (file size not musical fx :) ) or a "lossy" format and when you stream from SC, there is further compression and loss. But as far as I understand from my research SC doesn't do any soundlevel normalisation, as YT, Spotify, etc. do.

Maybe to reduce the size of a wav file, which is lossless, you can consider the bit-depth used to render the file, typically (I think) 16 or 20 and the sample rate, 44100 or higher. I use 16 bit and 44100 and results seem fine; though you will find arguments out there advocating strongly for higher values.  I can't actually comment, to do so is beyond my most basic grasp.

Spot on David.

As I understand it, SC will re-render to AAC 256. This is best done from a lossless format like WAV or FLAC.

One consideration: the way AAC and MP3 encoders work means that it is possible for the encoder to slightly increase the level of some samples. This can result in a sort of clipping distortion. So it is best to make sure your peaks are below 0dBFS. Normalising to -3dB or lower is recommended.

Note this is any time you convert lossless to MP3 or AAC, including in the DAW.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2020, 08:51:21 am »
Quick update. Other than the breakthrough on the fretboard I was messing with a bunch of stuff over the past few days.

I explored pickup positions and determined it's the same as playing in the different places on acoustic... But with a switch, and i'm not sure if picking around over different pickups matters too yet. I know people probably are like duh. but I didn't connect the lows mids and highs to the pickup position switch. (Switching the thing mid song takes skill I lack. lol)

Started learning Is There Anybody Out There. (MT posted) I'm up to the first walk down spot, and ironing that out, because i'm not sure if i'm playing it right.... I think I might have the song down in a day or two though. (playing it all the way through, not at tempo and whatnot.) I really wanted to learn this song, back when I heard The Wall.. It's pretty satisfying to play after all this time.

Played more with Two Djinn, and I started doing Desparado on guitar. It's SUPER FUN. (Because who doesn't want to make his voice in that song an epic guitar solo... Except in my case I'm using a lot of my ability to "make believe" It's epic... It feels epic to play anyway.) I think I did a pretty good job figuring out most of it by ear. It has tricky parts in my "brown note" area of hearing... I don't know the words as well as I thought I did lol. I have a big old blinking neon sign saying I forgot words on this song. Its kind of important to know the lyrics cold before making them a solo lol. (But man it's fun to play, and was fun to see how much I could get.)

Overall i've had a good few days. I ruined my calluses again sweating in gloves, then I guess I didn't wait long enough for my skin to harden again.. I tore up my fingertips yesterday and have sore fingers today.

David and Keith thank you. I'll check all that before exporting.. No guarantees I won't be a moron, but i'll check.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2020, 05:16:49 pm »
Sounds like you are having fun, Becky ... keep at it, keep learning, and really learning something new doesn't imply that one was a moron before one had learned it. You probably just being self-deprecating in a light-hearted, bantering way and I'm over-reacting but I am just overly sensitive to such thinks ... ask Lynn aka Redhodie ;D

Online Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 216
    • My Road Case
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2020, 05:23:19 pm »
Exactly David. I count myself as reasonably technical, but I didn't realize some of this stuff until I had read a few books and articles on the subject, and done an audio engineering course.

Some of it is really obvious, but only when you know the answer!

Cheers,

Keith

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2020, 01:15:33 am »
Sigh. Another "too long to read" update. Had an interesting (for me) development though in there.

Timing has been a huge issue for me. I know it, and I try to work on it, but because of my completely insane aversion to having that constant freaking beeping, or generally out of place noise, making me tense and pissed off, rather than being able to focus on what i'm doing, or supposed to be doing... I'm doing what I can with timing though.

I've mentioned the hihat metronome sound on FL is the least offensive to me before... Like a million times.. But since i'd been able to hook up to the computer more for practice I ambushed myself randomly in the past couple practices to work specifically with time. If I plan it, I really seriously do avoid my instruments completely, and unconsciously.

Metronome work fixed issues I was having with the first walkdown in Anybody Out There, rather stupidly fast that I was having. I was rushing and missing an entire beat.

Biggest issue is I suck still, sorry David, but it's true lol. (I can't wait to hit whatever stage in learning where I think i'm good, but i'm not... That teachers talk about everyone going through in videos and websites... Unless it's a 1x shot and I blew it on recorder in kindergarten or whatever... That's a depressing thought.

But anyway, since the: play something, move up the fretboard and do something completely different, then going back to the original thing, -something I haven't done much as a movement really, except in my version of X-Files, -which doesn't count, because that's on uke. Plus I'd been playing/practicing A.O.T. close to tempo which is like what? 60bpm? I have a real hard time at 40 because slowing down the intro..... Man, 40bpm is hard to lock into.

I swapped playing the hihat click to hit on the second beat though, which put the hat sound in a really great place while I played. I'm going to try it with the evil beeping metronome, and see if just changing where the stupid annoying beep happens drives me less crazy. Locking in with the click on 2 instead of 1, tripped me out honestly. My face must have been priceless at the moment I locked in ad played through the first time. It made the click more of something happening outside what I was doing. It became something just sitting there in the "middle," keeping me in time - like a foot stomp, instead of a freaking metronome.

That makes no sense, I have no idea how to explain it. The downside is it's really hard for me to lock into a click on 2 to begin with. Every fiber of my being wants to hit beat 1 on the click. I was way more successful staying in time the whole way through putting it on beat 2, regardless. It's so stupid, because seriously, why?! Maybe it's just the song? Is it letting my head just disconnect from the annoying as heck constant noise by sticking it on 2?? It doesn't change how i'm playing A.O.T, other than where the hihat is falling while I play... So why...

I really tick myself off though. It's the same garbage I dealt with from freaking kindergarten to high school. I can study my butt off learning certain things and it doesn't make a bit of difference in the end. Go me.. It really sucks when my ability to learn garbage affects stuff I care about and really want to learn. It is, what it is, though. Knowing that doesn't piss me off any less though.

From one of Justin's lesson 11 lefty vids he just released, he made me realize I really have to just hang out with the electric more seriously.

I need to get my string spacing default position on electric way more under control. I wasn't thinking it was a huge problem until Anybody Out There. Listening back right after a couple practices made me realize I was crashing and burning primarily after missing strings and trying to save it really fast. Even though the difference in string spacing is tiny, that bit of "small" is making a huge difference!! It's making me flail around trying to not loose my place in the song while reflexively trying to hit the missed string, and my hand is floating in the wrong place by the time I DO hit the string. Everything goes to hell in a hand basket quickly though.

Stress is making me on edge. Relaxed practice, where i'm able to shut off stress is way, way more productive. If I can't shut it mostly off, my whole mindset just makes practice pretty worthless. I've known this awhile, it's just rearing it's head at the moment reminding me I need to chill before I can get the most out of what i'm doing. My fingers are stiff too recently from overworking them recently doing stuff, which causes a whole new dimension of "fun."

My favorite FL Studio Channel (can't think of the name offhand atm.😕 That's awful...) just put out an "exporting" video explaining the different settings too. Which helped more with at least those issues. As well as the help from Keith and David.👍 I had changed settings. Seeing it in my actual DAW helps a lot though, since he went through all the setting sections I have available.

Planning on doing more practice tonight after i'm done with stuff.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2020, 01:28:44 am »
I will have to read the whole thread tomorrow but just wanted to say that I listened to your JamTracktest1 recording on Soundcloud. The solo for the most part is actually very musical and has nice fitting (coherent might the word?) vibe with the backing track. Enjoyed it very much!

Will read the full thread tomorrow and give a proper reply!

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2020, 06:02:57 pm »
Keep at it, Becky.

I remember the first time I recorded two takes of the same play through, attempting to play to a metronome. I listened back to the two takes together and it was an listenable sloppy mess. A couple of years on and I still have takes that are completely messed up but if I play through without making a mega mistake, then the good takes played together now sound more like double-tracking ...

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2020, 06:54:24 pm »
I've been working on the G major scale positions the past week or so. I'm on position 5 tonight. I can connect the positions diagonally. I can mess around with one finger wonder melodies in them. I haven't been playing the caged chord shape in each scale position. I grabbed a diagram off a search that had 5 positions with G notes highlighted, figured out a fingering, double checked against Justin's videos for tips and tricks and if I was doing it right, then did another the next day if I had it down. Sometimes 2 days... Why can't I learn my notes? Frigging hell... WHY!

I plan on looking into the caged G chord shapes though when I have the scale shapes memorized. Been touching on caged and the uke version for a while.

Ideally I plan on posting something to gauge progress by the end of the month. I've worked successfully on getting my recordings louder. I just dumped some plugins into both guitar tracks and instantly had more volume then I needed.

Still working on my picking skills for Two Djinn. It's freaking difficult to play, I'm taking it slow. I need a lot of techniques I haven't worked on till the song.

I still don't have Anybody Out There to a point I don't make mistakes. (Nothing new there. I haven't played anything yet without mistakes) I Might end up posting that progress tomorrow. I need to revisit Steady Thumb Blues and get that recorded eventually too.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2020, 10:42:04 pm »
Sorry it took me longer than promised, some work came in and had to change focus for a bit.

Now after I read the whole thread and listened to all the tracks you posted (except the one that is deleted), few observations first:
- as others have said, I love your narrative. It is a great example of what a road case can be. Because at the end of the day, everything combined affects the process of making art. So overall, a very interested read.
- your research approach is great! Keep doing what you're doing, you'll learn loads on the way. About guitar, uke, DAW, music and everything else you are interested in! And never lose this knowledge-seeking approach!
- after a few months of playing, your progress is great!

Now to a few quotes:
Got $20 and bought a pre-roasted chicken, microwavable mashed potatoes, a packet of gravey mix, and a bottle of strawberry Nesquick. I can finally eat something other than Ramen Noodles! Looking forward to that as soon as it cools down a bit. Shouldn't have wasted money on the bottle of Nesquick but it was so good.
Based on the fact that you also like some heavier stuff, I will assume you got to metal via rock and that you have at least heard of Guns N' Roses. Their bassist lived on his personal ramen recipe for a few months. I do not have his autobiography with me at the moment but when I have a chance, I'll take a photo from his book. It's a great read.

I got the BBC Orchestra Discover installed. It sounds really really good! 💖 I have nothing to compare it to other than the stuff that came with my DAW, and the difference in quality between the samples is night and day. (Thanks Spitfire!!)

The horns, oh my god. 💖 One of the horn notes specifically captures that change in breath and pressure between registers. (?..) I don't know what it is, I can just hear it, and it's beautiful.
Spitfire really nailed it this time. And the amount of free stuff they give away! I still cannot believe that Discover is only 250MB in size (or something in this range) and it has all those amazing samples.

Looking forward to your next track, whether it's Steady Thumb Blues or something new, I am sure we'll all enjoy it!

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2020, 02:20:29 am »
I have been stressed out and busy.

I got a take of Anybody Out There recorded. I tried to clean up the track and hosed it with the de-noise tool. LOL!

I think i'm just going to upload with the noise for now.

I need more practice, but i'm pretty happy with how the song is coming along.

https://soundcloud.com/user-468191094/aot1/s-8fMi9viumzw

Since the song has some orchestra instruments, ideally, i'd like to try fleshing this out with the BBC Orchestra after i'm more comfortable with it, since there isn't too much going on overall. I think I can handle something anyway. I'm done practicing it as a main thing though. It's something I just have to just play daily so it doesn't disappear, and I keep getting smoother at.

The stretch on guitar is bigger and involves a chord change in the Am part in the beginning. The string and note control on electric is also a lot harder because it's different than the guitalele. It does sound okay on electric though. I was playing it through the rev-plate plugin for their tube.

Just have to add: Yep, found out I like an old amp. Old amps cost a freaking fortune, if they can even be found. Chalking it up on the "yeah frigging right" board. I'll be sticking with VST effects.

GlpGuitar - i'll get to your comment.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 04:09:11 am by Twilight Storm »

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2020, 06:23:01 am »
Heart always beats a little faster when I see a new post from yuor RC, Becky ... will this be the day? The day when you post a new recording.  And today was one of those happy days  ;D

While not a huge Pink Floyd listener, I know this song which is a beautiful piece. And you've delivered a fine rendition.

Of course you know and I heard one or two not-quite-as-smooth as the rest moments, but that I'd guess is as much recording-red-light-syndrome ... the red light being on seems to inject some fumbles into even some of the most proficient players' here performances (me being far from among the most proficient, I never deliver my best performances when the camera is rolling) ... and maybe just needing more practice.

Oh and don't know it well enough to know if there were incorrect notes or timing.

But the tone, the feeling ... loved it. I think you did really well.

And I'd have to say what I have said to a couple of other folk who post their recordings in their RC. I really encourage you to post this up in the AVOYP area. It is ever so worth listening to and more of the members will listen when it is posted there, which is a good thing for all.  And you will pick up more encouragement and feedback.

Now the noise. I have a feeling but no hard recollections, that we have spoken about this before. So apologies for my poor memory ...

How did you make the recording, the whole chain, settings, any other details?

Without knowing that I would think one can produce a less noiser recording than you have here. Though it reminded me of listening to vinyl LPs that were borrowed from the local record library back in the day (a long way back :) )

Maybe you should record Steady Thumb Blues on a steel string acoustic (if you have one, I forget) with that noise ... will give it an authentic Robert Johnson early 1900s vibe  ;D

But as I say, with modern gear, I would think you can get better results and maybe there some pointers experienced folk (not necessarily inexperienced me) can give to improve your recording process.

Otherwise I am well, hope you are well.

Oh and after reading your comments about BBC Orchestra, I went and found the questionnaire, completed it, and look forward to receiving the link in due course to add this library to my set of digital instruments.

Take care, keep playing and sharing ...

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 629
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2020, 09:13:41 am »
I would like to add to DP's well done on the recording. This is one of my favourite go to pieces to loosen up my fingers.

Instead of AVOYP, can you post it up in this challenge area: https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=17179.0

And enjoy the others over there too.
:)

Offline glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2020, 12:28:35 am »
As a big Pink Floyd fan, I really enjoyed that! Well done!

Online Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 216
    • My Road Case
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2020, 08:44:17 am »
That was really nice. Well done Becky.

Cheers,

Keith

Online sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 95
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2020, 02:55:15 pm »
Well done Becky, that was well played. Yes as Richard says, move it over to the ‘challenge thread’ otherwise your RC thread will be filled up with comments and won’t be so easy to read as a ‘diary’.
Studying Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules.
Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎.
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.
Road case : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=48801.0

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2020, 05:18:51 pm »
david- As for the noise on the mic, Yeah, my gear and house make for some slightly higher than 1940's record booth quality recordings lol. (Using my mic, that is...) The jam track recording isn't AS noisy on electric guitar, although the noise floor is still there, it's certainly not nearly as bad. And yes David, we discussed both of the noise issues between mic and electric guitar cable into the audio interface. If I upgrade something in the future, I was considering a Zoom recorder. That's not happening anytime soon unless the Zoom fairy comes and leaves one under my pillow while I sleep. I have what I have. It's the way it goes. Oh, and I don't have a steel string acoustic anymore. Unless I can fix the neck on my 1/4 size acoustic. The guitalele was it's replacement. It was supposed to be the Kay acoustic, but Amazon screwed me over on that. It worked out though. I don't regret the guitalele. It helped me connect the uke fretboard to the guitar fretboard.

I will record another version of Anybody Out There for the challenge thread (that I wasn't even aware of.) lol. My post was more just to prove i've been learning stuff, and trying to keep to my attempt, to post a minimum of 1 progress recording a month. (I never can tell if i'm actually getting any better, even with recordings. Unless it's my first uke attempts. Even then, my actual playing hasn't gotten much better.

Glp - Really nice comments on the road case, although I see it more as "what not to do by not practicing correctly," rather than a good example of a road case. Glad you enjoy reading it though. Didn't think anyone read these when I made mine lol. I can semi-legitimately argue I'm going through a rather long consolidation stage, but without consolidating. 😉 I technically really probably should be doing consolidation stuff, but I get distracted by shiny new things. I think it's been 2 months i've been essentially screwing around on guitar, guitalele, and ukulele. I'm learning stuff and practicing, but I haven't been doing structured anything.

I started sort of learning Sweet Home Alabama.... It's "purple" but it's a HELL of a lot easier than Two Djinn. I tuned down a half step due to a few YouTube people now, saying try it. Well I did. It might make bending whole steps a little easier? I need to practice half and whole step bends way more. I'm bad at cutting off a bend at it's peak and having it sound not like trash lol. I tuned it back to standard though.

Going to look for a different song than Sweet Home Alabama maybe. The song sounds fine, clean, but the plan was just to learn something upbeat for drunk people, who probably can't remember words to it, to sing to. Gotta think about something easy that they might all know. I don't want to really learn anything too difficult. Sweet Home Alabama isn't too bad actually.

Thank you Close2u, sairfingers, majik, glp. Not many people listen to my posts, thank god. I'll post in the challenge threads... Just wish I could get something higher quality. This recording was definitely not a challenge quality recording.

Looked up the Rex Royal archtop again, one of the guitars my mom left me. (It wasn't originally hers, she bought it for decoration and was hoping to fix it, but someone told her they were crap so it sat. I don't think they're crap..) Sadly still can't find much info on it. I have no clue what it's made of but it can't be played as-is sadly. I forgot about the crack running from the tailpiece up the middle of the top. It seems to be solid wood, not plywood from what I can see. I'm guessing it's a 1930's Kay built guitar. Not much info on them though. The internet hasn't really gotten many more pictures since I looked last.

I wish I could get it working again, the tuner buttons are decaying and has fully original crystallized buttons that feel smooshy now, the tuner gears feel good though. The nut needs a bit of work too. (Looks like bone, but it's kind of cut badly.) The necks liked to come off the Rex Royals I guess, from pictures that are out there. This one has an interesting fix. They used something to screw it down to the body after trying to reglue lol. So whoever owned it really wanted to play it, and the luthier did what they could I guess. (The neck repair seem pretty old too.)

I should take pictures of my poor dead guitars.

Other than looking for another song I recapped a few lessons here, tried MT's exercise in 6ths. (Gads! That's going to take me awhile to get comfortable with!) I practiced Anybody Out There, so I wouldn't forget it. Practiced the G major scale over the neck more so I wouldn't forget that. (Still haven't looked into the chord shapes in each. I NEED to though. Found out another one of my goal songs uses the G shape for a lick up by 12th somewhere... (Jiffy Jam. Don't judge me.)

I've come to the conclusion if the internet says: "This chord shape (or this chord,) isn't used so don't worry about it."

That's code for: "Becky better worry about learning it asap, because it's in a song she wants to play."

So yeah, I REALLY should work on caged..

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2020, 08:02:24 am »
As always, your updates are an interesting, eclectic read, Becky, I love it.

I hope you do post up the current or a re-recording of Anybody Out There in the area Close mentioned. I think more people should hear it, as it was a good listen.

Yup, pictures of the "dead guitars" sounds like a good idea ...

Keep it going ...

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2020, 09:24:10 pm »
Okay- Pinch harmonics and the solo make Sweet Home Alabama purple. Not like I was planning on doing a solo, but I get a little OCD about some things, and the pinch harmonics suck to do.... Well, they don't suck, I suck at doing them.

Charging the camera. I'll try to get pictures up... But not sure how to post pictures in here... I don't think linking to my Amazon photos is safe for my privacy. I'll have to see what google has.

Anyway going to snap some pictures today.

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2020, 06:28:05 am »
Becky, when I post the odd picture up in my RC, I use imgur.com. The tags to embed an image in a post don't work so I embed a link to the image, which embeds the image in the post.

Isn't it wonderful that we all suck when we start and in due course we no longer suck  ;D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App