Author Topic: Gigabyte's roadcase  (Read 4229 times)

Offline Boobook

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 48
Re: Gigabyte's roadcase
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 09:33:44 am »
Hello Lord GB and welcome back!

I fully empathise with you there, I'm just now returning to guitar after a long hiatus. Rediscovering the joy, frustration and satisfaction of trying to learn and develop is giving me plenty of motivation to keep going  though, I hope you can find some of that joy also. I look forward to hearing (maybe seeing?) your music if you choose to put it out there  :D 8).
Tanglewood Discovery Acoustic
Hagstrom Swede Ultra Electric
Faith Eclipse 12-string

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
  • Everything has beauty, but not everybody sees it.
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 11:36:43 am »
I found the joy (and frustrations) back allright.  :D
Big difference now is how i approach the whole thing.
I won't let myself get frustrated and brought down again.

I forgot what it was to play a guitar and actually enjoy it.
Too much vitriol and downright arrogance from other players (on other forums, mainly dutch speaking), towards other players, pushed me finally over the edge. Thinking "yeah, they're right, i'll never amount to anything."
Letting others tell me what i could and couldn't do.
Well, not anymore. I have silenced those voices and will avoid such people. (i've came across at least 2 irl in the past year Who knew players could be such a******s?).

So from now on, i'll accept criticism if it's founded on a solid basis. Not on the likes of: "oh, you can't play (fill in blank here)? I'd quit if i where you. Why do you even try?".

And that's where this community stands out among others i've visited over the years. I've shortened the list to one. This here.
Thanks for being there guys and gals. :D
We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 11:45:04 am »
Glad you've worked through this, Lord GB, and come back to playing.

Just beyond me why people would feel the need to make the kind of comments you've mentioned here. Really sad for them.

And if the only legitimate players were the world's greatest then there'd be almost no guitar players in the world, since there are only few that achieve the greatest levels of excellence and mastery.

Look forward to hearing you play when you are ready.

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 12:16:28 pm »
Unfortunately there are a lot of forum/sites like that. I’ve come off both a Martin owners and a Gibson owners Facebook pages. People would post things and be bombarded with ‘how can you possibly not know that, your guitar is cr%p, your playing is awful, you should be doing this not that. In other words there are so many people on other forums etc who think only their view/opinion is valid.
The internet can be a cruel place where cruel ignorant people can lurk in anonymity.
Studying Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules.
Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎. Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.
Road case : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=48801.0

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 216
    • My Road Case
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 12:17:23 pm »
Glad you've worked through this, Lord GB, and come back to playing.

Just beyond me why people would feel the need to make the kind of comments you've mentioned here. Really sad for them.

I agree. Everyone was a beginner at some point and I honestly don't understand why people would look down on their peers because of their playing ability (or the gear they use, the artists they like, etc.).

I think the nice thing about this forum is that it's a forum focused on learning and playing the guitar and it has a very high proportion of the membership who are beginners or intermediate players who know their limitations. I think that means people here are more grounded and less arrogant.

Cheers,

Keith

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 12:57:39 pm »
I think the nice thing about this forum is that it's a forum focused on learning and playing the guitar and it has a very high proportion of the membership who are beginners or intermediate players who know their limitations. I think that means people here are more grounded and less arrogant.
You’ve hit the nail on the head there Keith.
Studying Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules.
Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎. Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.
Road case : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=48801.0

Online brianlarsen

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 112
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2021, 06:57:39 pm »
I found the joy (and frustrations) back allright.  :D
Welcome back, m'Lud   :)

it has a very high proportion of the membership who are beginners or intermediate players who know their limitations. I think that means people here are more grounded and less arrogant.
Happy to keep y'all grounded (for the time being ;))

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 194
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2021, 08:48:48 pm »

Cheers,

Keith

I think that a great deal of the quality and good nature of this forum is fostered by our two mods Richard and Lieven.  The excellence, vigilance, time and effort spent in keeping this mighty ship on course, is evident in so many ways.

Back to you now Lord G, sorry for this hijack.

Know you are in good company here and you will always be treated with kindness and respect.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2021, 05:42:04 pm »
Very well spoken batwoman.

This is a very nice place to hang out and it's members and mods make it into the nice place it is.
A huge thank you to everybody here, for keeping it this way.

Now it's back to practice, i've missed out on some nice things.

We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2021, 11:43:09 am »
Small update:

i know now when i can enroll in the music school where i live. The date is marked in my calendar, the funds have been put aside. I can't wait to get started.
This will be a HUGE step forward for me. (so i hope).

Recording is up and running. I'm playing around with the position of the mic to get my voice and guitar somewhat on the same level.
I'm learning songs which i will record and post here. I'm even trying to sing along. I don't know if it'll do any good, but i'll see. Like CT says, "just let 'er rip".
And that's exactly what i'm going to do.

So, note to self: get going, get learning, get playing.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 186
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2021, 11:53:50 am »
Good to see you are back on track and all the ducks are lined up ready to go.  8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2021, 12:53:30 pm »
That sounds great, LG.

As you say "let rip" enjoy yourself, make some music. And we all keep learning as we go.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 194
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2021, 01:55:03 am »
i know now when i can enroll in the music school where i live. The date is marked in my calendar, the funds have been put aside. I can't wait to get started.
This will be a HUGE step forward for me. (so i hope).

Great to see you so motivated LG.  I'm curious to know more about your course.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2021, 06:07:43 am »
No problem.

Once i'm there, i'll provide updates here. Anything specific i should mention?

Offline adi_mrok

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 69
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2021, 10:45:06 am »
Good luck with enrollment, what sort of music school this is, just a normal guitar lessons or more of a dchool where you learn notations, theory and you have exams at the end?

Keep on rockin' my friends

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2021, 11:47:03 am »
It seems to have it all. Judging on the site, that is.

They teach theory, singing and playing. I've enrolled in the adult course and it features all three.
I'm not looking forward to the singing part, because i can't, but it's a group thing, so that's ok.
I won't stand out that much. (unless there's some cats coming in, wondering where that other one is.  :o)

Here's the site, with the course. It's in dutch, so i don't know how if this will translate well.
http://academieboom.be/new/index.php/nl/home/muziek/volwassenen

Offline adi_mrok

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 69
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2021, 12:22:29 pm »
Looks interesting! Hopefully you will share some experiences in your roadcase once you get into the course :)

Keep on rockin' my friends

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2021, 01:28:50 pm »
That is something i had in mind yes. I can register at the end of may, so if i get in and get busy, i'll provide updates, no problem.

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2021, 04:16:58 pm »
Right, time for a small update.
Since my last update, i now know how to record myself. With the help of the members here, i bought me some gear and it works. Thank you to all!
I've started working on Chocolate Jesus and am almost ready to record the song and post it here.
The only thing to work on yet is that my thumb sometimes, usually during recording, hits the wrong string. And i want it clean all the way through.
I signed up for some (free) Chris Liepe training and the idea is to sing along Chocolate Jesus. (i don't know how that is going to work out, but i'll let 'er rip. XD ).
The book of RA is a b****r to find, unless you're willing to plonk down some 600€. Which i'm not.
And so the search continues.  :D
My gas is telling me to have a look at the Boss blues pedal.
Of course the videos look and sound great, as always, but i'm going to contact my favorite store and ask them if i can pay them a visit.
Time is something that seems to fleeting through my hands. There's never enough. One moment i sit down, ready to start playing/learning/recording, the next it's time for bed.
Weekends just the same. I can start thinking on Friday: "oh this weekend I'll have a blast practicing", but for the past few weekends, something always seems to rear it's ugly head and take my practice time away.
How do you guys manage? The work/life/practice balance?
Anyway, enough ramblings from me for now. Back to practice....  :D

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2021, 04:31:36 pm »
Sounds great, LG, looking forward to the recording.

Let rip is the right way and perhaps not to stress if there is the odd flub. I will let you (and the rest of the Forum) know when the moment comes that I play something all the way through to the absolute best of my ability ... but don't hold your breathe.

As for balance ... your life sounds just like mine ... my only way of dealing with it is to enjoy the moments and be content with life and the progress I make with my musical adventure. For me, there's no schedule, no deadlines, etc.  I enjoy it every time I pick up my guitar, work in my DAW, do some singing practice.  And I can look back and reflect on how much I have improved and developed in the 4 years that I have been active here.

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2021, 11:20:22 am »
I've been thinking about what you said about balancing.

No schedule or anything like that. Just play and enjoy. I'm probably stressing too much about it all.
Like i really really really would like to get the song i'm working on right now, good and ready to go, but it all seems to take too long. I'm going to get rid of that feeling. Doesn't help all that much.

Play and enjoy. I'm going to print that out and stick on a wall here, so i don't forget.  ;D

Thank you for that.

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2021, 12:07:53 pm »
Happy if something I said was helpful to you. Of course we all chart our own course and have to find the mindsets and routines that lead to joy, progress, and satisfaction.  And for me keeping fun and steady progress front of mind is what works for me.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 186
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2021, 09:02:18 pm »
Now you are back in the saddle just take things easy at your own pace. The recordings will help your playing development and Discover Your Voice will not only help your singing but also your musical awareness and ear training. Looking forward to hearing how the new recording gear pans out.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Get The Forum As A Mobile App