Author Topic: Metallica - Ride The Lightning  (Read 234 times)

Offline KasperFauerby

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 108
    • Kaspers SoundCloud
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
« on: January 14, 2020, 01:47:30 pm »
Hi guys,

This one is probably not going to be for everyone, but hopefully we have a few old-school metal heads among us :)
I've been doing a hell of a lot technique practice lately, and what better way to put it to use than on an old trash metal song!

I only used my new guitar, fittingly enough an ESP Ltd MH-1000ET. A black heavy metal guitar with the awesome Evertune bridge. That bridge is awesome btw, and helped a lot when I had to quad-track all the rhythm in this song!

Hope you'll enjoy it:
https://soundcloud.com/kasper-fauerby/metallica-ride-the-lightning-cover

Cheers,
Kasper

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
Re: Metallica - Ride The Lightning
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 01:58:57 pm »
Well,
that woke me up for sure... Wicked R Guitar tones for sure.... a great grinding deal all the way around. Nice, as I have not heard you really light up R guitar like this prior, if memory recalls. The play and tone goes well together for sure.

Never heard this one, so thanks for turning me onto it and lighting it up really well. I take it for granted your is pretty close to the original or better.

Nice intricate play on the lead too!

Just a big time rocking deal all the way around. Keep up the good vibe and chasing them tones!

Rocking cheers,
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 256
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 03:39:09 pm »
Excellent as always, Kasper.  Some fabulous playing and great hard rocking tones.

Offline Mike Sebastian P

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 06:29:55 pm »
Wow, I didn’t expect this in your performance :) Great song of my favorite thrash band. A lot of guitar work, especially a solo guitar .. maybe it sounds even better than the original from Kirk :) .. a long time ago in 87, we also played this song with our cover band, it was a lot of fun!

Mike

Online oldhead49

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 06:19:01 am »
What can one say after listening to that!  You’re just one awesome “player” with impeccable technique, execution and tone.
Did anything ever come of the audition you were practicing for some time back? 

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 108
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 06:37:37 am »
Kasper, that’s just sooo good I absolutely loved it!!! Everything about it was executed with accuracy and precision, just superb performance.
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline Endureth

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 52
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 06:40:26 am »
That was awesome.  I can't use any of the colorful adjectives I'd like to describe how tight that was.  Screw that backing track man, I'll lay down a bass track for ya if you want to collaborate on it.  Find a singer and I'd be in.

Thanks for sharing, love seeing some fellow thrashers!

Offline KasperFauerby

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 108
    • Kaspers SoundCloud
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 09:39:38 am »
Hi guys,

Thanks for checking out my song and for the nice comments!

@oldhead:
I didn't manage to find the right fit for me. I auditioned with 3 bands; one was an AC/DC tribute band.. and after thinking it over, it was really a bit too limited a focus for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Angus Young as much as the next guy and playing that "simple" rock'n'roll stuff is fun - but not ONLY that. Perhaps Angus is fine with making a career playing the same solo over and over again (his own words), but I would get bored.
Another band I briefly joined, but unfortunately it turned out that their skill level wasn't quite good enough so I decided to quit again before becoming too invested.
3rd band turned out to want to screw me over, use me as "lead guitarist for hire" while then wanting to pay me less than the "core" members.. so that also wasn't for me.
So, currently I'm back to where I started - but still looking around. Finding the right match is hard ;)

@Endureth:
I thought you might like this one ;)
I don't think I want to revisit this particular song, but perhaps we could convince Roman too cook up some drums and do a collab on another track. Was thinking of "For Whom The Bell Tolls" or perhaps a song from the back album...

Offline schlaffenwagen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 68
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 06:18:35 pm »
Hey guys (meaning John and Kasper),
Big Brother's watching you ;D LOL ;D
Of course I'm into any hard-n-heavy, metal, thrash or whatever rock-n-roll 8) You just give me the subject and I'll try to make a relevant mix. Though I should say this Metallica mix is really good ;)
So waiting for an invitation 8).
Cheers,
Roman
Keep on rocking!

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 06:46:25 pm »
Hi Kasper,

My favourite album.
My favourite guitar solo.
Absolutely nailed.

Tone is great. Playing fantastic.
Takes me back so much.
Just awesome.

Digger

Offline Endureth

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 52
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 10:08:43 pm »
I don't think I want to revisit this particular song, but perhaps we could convince Roman to cook up some drums and do a collab on another track. Was thinking of "For Whom The Bell Tolls" or perhaps a song from the back album...

I'd be fine with any of those.  I would only need to get my recording stuff hooked back up.  Was giving me a strange buzz in the recordings last time I tried so who knows, I'll mess with it just in case you need me.

Offline KasperFauerby

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 108
    • Kaspers SoundCloud
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 01:48:20 pm »
@digger: Thanks man! Was a challenge to learn for sure, but hey... we get better by constantly pushing ourselves, right :)

@Roman: Thanks! We'll see if we can find a good metal song to work on. Glad you like the mix btw. I did keep many of your usual "complaints" in mind when mixing this one :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App