Author Topic: Got a little bored  (Read 1177 times)

Offline agj

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 8
  • Live in Didcot, Oxfordshire
Got a little bored
« on: January 08, 2020, 08:02:54 pm »
Got a little bored so decided to tackle a few niggles I had with me kit built Telecaster and make some improvements/mods.  First there was a slight gap at the top of the neck pocket which I made a shim for, next I wasn't happy with the purchase I was getting on the front bridge screws so I plugged them and re-drilled them,  I also screened the cavities with copper tape, I then decided I'd go for a P90 in the neck and some Fender string trees.

Squier Affinity Telecaster Texas Special pick ups, Kit built Telecaster, HB ST57 DG Strat Modified, Ibanez GIO Bass, Boss Nextone Stage 40 Amp

br />My Roadcase http://www.justinguitar.com/forum/index.php?topic=18937.0<br

Offline guitalias

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: Got a little bored
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 12:52:37 am »
What timber is your body? Nice grain.

Offline agj

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 8
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 04:16:13 pm »
What timber is your body? Nice grain.

The body is basswood but I'm not sure what the veneer is as no information was given for it.  Finish is a couple of coats of watered down black ink to bring out the grain followed by Green water based wood stain and finished with Tru Oil.
Squier Affinity Telecaster Texas Special pick ups, Kit built Telecaster, HB ST57 DG Strat Modified, Ibanez GIO Bass, Boss Nextone Stage 40 Amp

Offline PRS7777

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
  • I'm not very good at guitar, but I think I am !
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 05:28:01 am »
Sure, why not do your own work, if you want to learn how, having a good luthier close by is a great idea, I live 100 miles from any shops, so over the last few years , I've learned how to do mot of my work myself, now I have a few locals bring stuff over for me to work on, Im retired, and a coffee roaster, so Im picky on what, for who ect, looks to me like your doing a nice job, BRAVO on you
It's Simple, but It's Complicated

Offline agj

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 8
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 02:16:37 pm »
Worth mentioning that in the end I didn’t like the P90 so went back to my original set up.

Offline Amy Sheppard

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 10:03:33 am »
It looks pretty cool! I really liked!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App