Author Topic: Most recent purchase - random / planned / spontaneous / other ... in 2020  (Read 8287 times)

Offline rwoodlin

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
  • Hands of brick
Re: Most recent purchase - random / planned / spontaneous / other ... in 2020
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2020, 04:08:29 pm »
 I made a significant purchase of a G&L CLF Doheny V12, a Marshall CODE 50, footswitch for the amp, a Digitek Trio+ Band Creator pedal w/Looper, and some cables at Sweetwater Music in Ft. Wayne, IN Thursday.
I really want to post some pics here but I am having trouble.
I use the Microsoft Cloud app on my iPhone which stores my pics on the cloud automatically and not on my phone.  Does anyone know how to copy pics from the MS cloud (OneDrive)to a destination that would allow me to post the pics here?
Regards,
Robert

Online Alex6strings

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 50
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2020, 12:56:01 pm »
I made a significant purchase of a G&L CLF Doheny V12, a Marshall CODE 50, footswitch for the amp, a Digitek Trio+ Band Creator pedal w/Looper, and some cables at Sweetwater Music in Ft. Wayne, IN Thursday.
I really want to post some pics here but I am having trouble.
I use the Microsoft Cloud app on my iPhone which stores my pics on the cloud automatically and not on my phone.  Does anyone know how to copy pics from the MS cloud (OneDrive)to a destination that would allow me to post the pics here?

Wow, nice gas frenzy! love it.   If you use an app on your phone for the forum, maybe download imgur which is what i use.  You can upload pics there, keep em private copy the forum board link,  and paste them in the post here.  I'm not sure about the drives, i've tried with google drive and i cant get them to show up in the post.  You can post links to your drive thats no worries.  You should be able to just save the ones you want back onto your laptop or desktop or phone and then upload to a picture hosting site like imgur.  I don't the names of the other free ones, if they're are any.
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Online Alex6strings

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 50
    • Instagram
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2020, 12:58:11 pm »
Got myself this nice handmade guitar stand as a moving in present.   I want another one now because i have guitars everywhere and these are like art displaying your guitar but they're out of the way up in the air.. love it.   

"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline sairfingers

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 52
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2020, 01:08:30 pm »
It looks really cool. You can’t beat things that are handmade from timber.
BC (classic) completed, now on Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules. Pickin’, lickin’ and improvisin’.....😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline phx1973

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 48
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2020, 02:20:08 pm »
the new Martin Johnny Cash model. Wayne covered my thoughts perfectly.

-Tosh

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/custom-signature-editions/dx-johnny-cash/
Gear: Fender Standard Tele, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Taylor 214CE-DLX, Fender Blues Junior IV, Fender Mustang I amp

Offline GregB

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2020, 05:04:33 pm »
Fender CD60, Yamaha 112V, PRS Angelus SE A50E. Katana Air.

Online Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 182
    • My Road Case
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2020, 08:04:45 pm »
You got the PRS then?

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline GregB

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2020, 11:31:20 pm »
You got the PRS then?

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Keith

I did indeed, loving it so far. Sounds great and love the smaller size whilst retaining the same neck width.

12s seem ok I think but I’m dropping it off on Saturday for a set up armed with 10s and 11s and I’ll  discuss with the luthier to decide which way to go.
Fender CD60, Yamaha 112V, PRS Angelus SE A50E. Katana Air.

Online Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 182
    • My Road Case
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2020, 08:41:41 pm »
Akai MPK Mini Mk3

I got this for fun, as I wanted a cheap MIDI controller to play with. I wanted to get one of these in Singapore, but I couldn't find anyone that would ship to me.

It's a cool little MIDI controller for the price. The keyboard is not fantastic, but it isn't terrible and it is velocity sensitive. The pads are really very good and responsive, and the joystick and knobs seem to work very well. Everything is assignable and tweak-able through the editor app.

And there are a few cool features like a configurable arpeggiator for the keyboard, and a note repeat for the pads.

It's a lot of fun. I just need to work out what I'm going to do with it.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline J.W.C.

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 62
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2020, 10:14:41 pm »
Akai MPK Mini Mk3

Nice. I have one of those, too. I have a digital piano if I want a full-blow weighted keyboard, but I often find myself using the MPK Mini when I'm working in the DAW. It's small enough to be convenient, and has the knobs and pads which are great for working with a DAW. I've recently used it for playing or entering sampled bass and drums, and use the knobs to control settings and such.

Online Alex6strings

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 50
    • Instagram
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2020, 11:59:21 pm »

I played one of these at a guitar shop the other day.. noice!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App