Author Topic: Most recent purchase - random / planned / spontaneous / other ... in 2020  (Read 22574 times)

Offline rwoodlin

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
  • Hands of brick
Re: Most recent purchase - random / planned / spontaneous / other ... in 2020
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2020, 04:08:29 pm »
 I made a significant purchase of a G&L CLF Doheny V12, a Marshall CODE 50, footswitch for the amp, a Digitek Trio+ Band Creator pedal w/Looper, and some cables at Sweetwater Music in Ft. Wayne, IN Thursday.
I really want to post some pics here but I am having trouble.
I use the Microsoft Cloud app on my iPhone which stores my pics on the cloud automatically and not on my phone.  Does anyone know how to copy pics from the MS cloud (OneDrive)to a destination that would allow me to post the pics here?
Regards,
Robert

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2020, 12:56:01 pm »
I made a significant purchase of a G&L CLF Doheny V12, a Marshall CODE 50, footswitch for the amp, a Digitek Trio+ Band Creator pedal w/Looper, and some cables at Sweetwater Music in Ft. Wayne, IN Thursday.
I really want to post some pics here but I am having trouble.
I use the Microsoft Cloud app on my iPhone which stores my pics on the cloud automatically and not on my phone.  Does anyone know how to copy pics from the MS cloud (OneDrive)to a destination that would allow me to post the pics here?

Wow, nice gas frenzy! love it.   If you use an app on your phone for the forum, maybe download imgur which is what i use.  You can upload pics there, keep em private copy the forum board link,  and paste them in the post here.  I'm not sure about the drives, i've tried with google drive and i cant get them to show up in the post.  You can post links to your drive thats no worries.  You should be able to just save the ones you want back onto your laptop or desktop or phone and then upload to a picture hosting site like imgur.  I don't the names of the other free ones, if they're are any.
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2020, 12:58:11 pm »
Got myself this nice handmade guitar stand as a moving in present.   I want another one now because i have guitars everywhere and these are like art displaying your guitar but they're out of the way up in the air.. love it.   

"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2020, 01:08:30 pm »
It looks really cool. You can’t beat things that are handmade from timber.
BC (classic) completed, now on Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules. Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline phx1973

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2020, 02:20:08 pm »
the new Martin Johnny Cash model. Wayne covered my thoughts perfectly.

-Tosh

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/custom-signature-editions/dx-johnny-cash/
Gear: Fender Standard Tele, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Taylor 214CE-DLX, Fender Blues Junior IV, Fender Mustang I amp

Offline GregB

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2020, 05:04:33 pm »
Fender CD60, Yamaha 112V, PRS Angelus SE A50E. Katana Air.

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 189
    • My Road Case
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2020, 08:04:45 pm »
You got the PRS then?

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Keith

Offline GregB

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2020, 11:31:20 pm »
You got the PRS then?

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Keith

I did indeed, loving it so far. Sounds great and love the smaller size whilst retaining the same neck width.

12s seem ok I think but I’m dropping it off on Saturday for a set up armed with 10s and 11s and I’ll  discuss with the luthier to decide which way to go.
Fender CD60, Yamaha 112V, PRS Angelus SE A50E. Katana Air.

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 189
    • My Road Case
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2020, 08:41:41 pm »
Akai MPK Mini Mk3

I got this for fun, as I wanted a cheap MIDI controller to play with. I wanted to get one of these in Singapore, but I couldn't find anyone that would ship to me.

It's a cool little MIDI controller for the price. The keyboard is not fantastic, but it isn't terrible and it is velocity sensitive. The pads are really very good and responsive, and the joystick and knobs seem to work very well. Everything is assignable and tweak-able through the editor app.

And there are a few cool features like a configurable arpeggiator for the keyboard, and a note repeat for the pads.

It's a lot of fun. I just need to work out what I'm going to do with it.

Cheers,

Keith

Offline J.W.C.

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2020, 10:14:41 pm »
Akai MPK Mini Mk3

Nice. I have one of those, too. I have a digital piano if I want a full-blow weighted keyboard, but I often find myself using the MPK Mini when I'm working in the DAW. It's small enough to be convenient, and has the knobs and pads which are great for working with a DAW. I've recently used it for playing or entering sampled bass and drums, and use the knobs to control settings and such.

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2020, 11:59:21 pm »

I played one of these at a guitar shop the other day.. noice!

Offline SillySock7

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 25
    • My Road Case
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2020, 11:28:51 am »
So I did a thing...

She's a Gibson L-00 Studio Rosewood, born on July 21 of this strange, strange year. I usually try not to fanboy over brands, but I think I became a Gibson guy the moment I opened the case and the sweet fumes of curing nitro hit my nostrils. Yikes.

Said good-bye to my Yamaha FG-TA and some other things from long abandoned hobbies for it (thanks guitar), well worth it.
Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong.

Offline stitch101

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 231
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2020, 05:46:01 pm »
Now you got me drooling.  8) I have 2 Gibsons a 1947 L48 and a 2013 J35.
My L-00 is an Epiphone. I've been wanting a Gibson L-00 for a few years but life
keeps getting in the way. This week I had to buy a new monitor and replace a hot
water tank. So I'll just have to drool over yours.
Love the burst. Nobody does a burst like Gibson.

Offline J.W.C.

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2020, 06:00:45 pm »
She's a Gibson L-00 Studio Rosewood, born on July 21 of this strange, strange year.

Oh, wow, sweet guitar! That one is right up my alley: parlor (00) size, nitro lacquer, rosewood board, spruce top. It's hitting all the right notes, for me! And that rosewood burst finish looks stunning. You did a thing, indeed; nice choice! :)

Enjoy it!

Offline phx1973

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2020, 07:16:53 pm »
So I did a thing...

She's a Gibson L-00 Studio Rosewood, born on July 21 of this strange, strange year. I usually try not to fanboy over brands, but I think I became a Gibson guy the moment I opened the case and the sweet fumes of curing nitro hit my nostrils. Yikes.

Said good-bye to my Yamaha FG-TA and some other things from long abandoned hobbies for it (thanks guitar), well worth it.
That is just beautiful and I bet it sounds just the same. Happy NGD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gear: Fender Standard Tele, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Taylor 214CE-DLX, Fender Blues Junior IV, Fender Mustang I amp

Offline SillySock7

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 25
    • My Road Case
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2020, 08:22:43 am »
Now you got me drooling.  8) I have 2 Gibsons a 1947 L48 and a 2013 J35.
Wow that L48 must sound incredible! Absolutely beautiful guitars. I was actually very close to going for a Godin 5th Avenue which is in that style, it's definitely at the very top of my wish list. Maybe next year

My L-00 is an Epiphone. I've been wanting a Gibson L-00 for a few years but life
keeps getting in the way. This week I had to buy a new monitor and replace a hot
water tank. So I'll just have to drool over yours.
Love the burst. Nobody does a burst like Gibson.
I hear you man, if I wasn't married and with kids my house would probably look like a guitar exhibition center by now. GAS is real! But I'll likely be getting rid of more gear pretty soon, don't remember the last time I picked up an electric guitar honestly.

And it's true, the finish is jaw-dropping in person. Even my wife who is pretty indifferent towards guitars is enamored with it. Pictures don't do it justice.

Oh, wow, sweet guitar! That one is right up my alley: parlor (00) size, nitro lacquer, rosewood board, spruce top. It's hitting all the right notes, for me! And that rosewood burst finish looks stunning. You did a thing, indeed; nice choice! :)

Enjoy it!
Thank you! Definitely been enjoying it very much over the past couple of days, hard to put it down.

That is just beautiful and I bet it sounds just the same. Happy NGD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks so much! Sounds and plays like nothing I've ever handled, I'll record something with it in the coming weeks - hopefully my clumsy playing can do it justice.
Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong.

Offline J.W.C.

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75

Offline KasperFauerby

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 118
    • Kaspers SoundCloud
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2020, 05:07:59 pm »
Bough a Helix Floor unit - this one:
https://line6.com/helix/helix-floor-rack.html

I'm not even very interested in modelling effects, and previously went the Kemper route for that reason. But I've been using a Line6 HX Effect unit as my main control center with my tube amps when playing live for a while, and it has been awesome - except for two things; the HX Effect is limited to 9 effect "blocks" per preset, which has forced me to compromise a bit on the tones I wanted to dial in. And the HX Effect doesn't provide a fallback in case of amp failure at a gig. With the big Helix Floor unit I think I'm covered. I can play my real amps and have almost unlimited processing power for setting up my tones - and should my amp fail in a live situation I can switch to a modelling preset and rely on front-of-house system to get through the rest of the gig.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 586
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2020, 05:44:11 pm »
@Kasper

Wow - that's a bit of kit you've bought there.

My onw multi-fx unit has just died - I've had a Mooer GE100 for a while. It is irretrievably kaput.
So I'm looking for a replacement ... albeit a modest priced something to mainly sit on a desktop.

Let us know how it works out for you ... :)

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2020, 09:13:31 am »
Dooohhhhh my old Zoom 505 let out magic smoke yesterday, complete with the Peter Frampton patch, saw this video and realised that what I was looking at would do the job for a bargain price!

So knowing how good the Donner pedals were for the money Amazon had them for the princely sum of £23.99, no brainier or what? Should be with me this afternoon, can’t wait to have a fiddle with it! I will do a bit of a review if people are interested!
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 165
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2020, 10:10:40 am »
Good to see its not just me Gassing at the moment (more to come on that later in the week). Cheap as chips by the look of it, so looking forward to a review.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2020, 05:46:59 pm »
Dooohhhhh my old Zoom 505 let out magic smoke yesterday, complete with the Peter Frampton patch, saw this video and realised that what I was looking at would do the job for a bargain price!
So knowing how good the Donner pedals were for the money Amazon had them for the princely sum of £23.99, no brainier or what? Should be with me this afternoon, can’t wait to have a fiddle with it! I will do a bit of a review if people are interested!
Well it’s been delivered 35mins ago, set it up and took a stab at the settings from what I gleaned from the video; with minor adjustments I got something pretty close to what I wanted, over the moon with this purchase, looks like me setting up a Donner pedal board with the rest of the ones I’ve got and have some fun!
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline GrowlingDog

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 12
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2020, 11:02:48 pm »
A totally unplanned purchase, but I played bass about 25 years ago so have often thought about grabbing another.

A nice little Fender short scale acoustic for very little money.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 165
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2020, 11:07:51 pm »
A totally unplanned purchase, but I played bass about 25 years ago so have often thought about grabbing another.

A nice little Fender short scale acoustic for very little money.

Very nice GD  8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline J.W.C.

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2020, 02:39:53 am »
Picked up a Two Notes Torpedo Captor X.

I haven't hooked it up, yet. Will be giving it a shot with the Marshall it's sitting on (which has a 8 Ohm Celestion Creamback speaker replacing the stock speaker, so it should be fine with the Captor X). Plan on trying it out with my Blues Junior (with a Cannabis Rex speaker) as well.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:22:20 am by J.W.C. »

Get The Forum As A Mobile App