Author Topic: Feedback on My Practice Assistant (MPA)  (Read 24470 times)

Offline AngryKitten

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: Feedback on My Practice Assistant (MPA)
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2020, 08:18:09 pm »
Not sure if it's just me but for the last few days I've been having a slight problem with the practice assistant.  It's nothing too terrible and I can work around it, but basically it seems to think I've finished my routine when I complete the penultimate item, and doesn't let me move on to the final one.  I just get the 'finished for today or restart the routine' options, and have to choose to restart my routine, and then just ignore the stuff I've already done and select the final item that way.  It was fine to begin with, not sure if it's something I've done, or just a bug... otherwise I think it's great, it definitely keeps me focused and motivated to tick things off and record my stats :-)

Offline ions

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Feedback on My Practice Assistant (MPA)
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2020, 08:53:45 pm »
I didn't look through every post, so I apologize if this is a repeat.

Would love to see another layer between Practice Items and Routines. This would allow us to build routines in modules.

In other words, my morning routine consists of warmups, chords, chord progressions, practice and songs.

Rather than adding each item individually to the routine, I could modify the Practice module, the Chord module, etc. then juggle those around. It would also allow for more flexibility in building other routines. For instance, in the afternoon, I could have a routine that only held the Warmup and Songs module.

On another note, I'm sure this has been mentioned but being able to drag and drop rather than clicking the little arrows would be great.

And finally, adding this as a part of your mobile app and/or allowing the mobile app on the PC would be awesome.

Keep up the great work, Justin.

Yes! Routines as modules would be wonderful. I could spend a bit of time at the beginning of the week making a lesson plan and moving through my lessons instead of having to create my lesson/routine every time I change or move on.

The benefits I can think of off the top of my head are breaking up a Grade into sections, creating tailored practices based on time (15, 30, 60 minutes available....), routines based on song practice, exercises, scales and so on.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App