Author Topic: Feedback on My Practice Assistant (MPA)  (Read 19846 times)

Offline Greybeard

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: Feedback on My Practice Assistant (MPA)
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2020, 01:18:15 am »
Stats are back and seem to be working fine.  :)

Offline JoostDekker

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2020, 03:26:48 pm »
First off all thanks for all the great tools you provide!

1 minor issue. I use the assistant on a my mobile. But the screen goes off when I practice. It would be nice if there's a function to keep the screen on.

Regards Joost

Sent from my SM-G955F using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline khousen

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2020, 03:42:03 pm »
For the obsessive (like me), it would be nice to be able to download the data from MPA so we can track it in various other ways. A csv or txt file would be great.

Offline Fresh_tunes

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2020, 07:59:27 am »
For the obsessive (like me), it would be nice to be able to download the data from MPA so we can track it in various other ways. A csv or txt file would be great.
I agree, I'm a stats nerd. Furthermore, the stats from the beginners song app would also be great to see including time spent playing songs.

I think this data would be a super cool thing to share with the community so we can see how the averages look for all people learning with the app. I'd like to know how long people spend on each stage before moving onward. Aggregate averages 😎
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 04:57:07 pm by Fresh_tunes »
I'm looking forward to being a bar chord player some day.
I remember Myspace 😆

Offline Fabrice31460

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2020, 05:21:26 pm »
Hello

I may have post my last feedback in the wrong place - hopefully this will be the right once:

Quote from: Fabrice31460 on February 21, 2020, 10:02:07 am
Hello

Just check the Dashboard. And all my stats are back!

Thanks a lot for your help

Fabrice

Hello,

Well it is today the same problem as last time - maybe linked to the loading of the new beginner lessons. All my stats exept today's ones have once again been removed!

Edit: it is not exactly the same problem - I lost all the stats recorded before saturday but yesterday and today stats are still here - last time, they were lost
Fabrice

For the moment, all the data recorded before this week end are lost.

One other point I noticed on the stats. It is always the highest value that is saved. For instance, if yesterday my stat was for a one minute change exercice « 32 » and today I achieved « 28 »,  in the stat I will find either for yesterday and today « 32 »

And to finish, this practice assistance is a fantastic tool : easy to use, flexibke and motivating ! So, thank you very much !

Fabrice

Offline groovygrandad

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2020, 09:00:52 pm »
Unfortunately still having the same problem that stats figures will only either remain constant or increase. If the figure is less than the previous one entered it's just ignored. Not complaining as the whole package is fantastic it's just frustrating. Tried logging out and back in but that's not worked cheers

Offline Simba3696

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2020, 04:05:05 am »
Love the practice assistant. But somedays, my internet connection acts up and takes a long time to load the videos. Don't get me wrong, but the vimeo video player is great. If only there was a way to reduce the streaming quality of the video for slower internet connections. Otherwise, during a practice session, say the 10 minute song practice, the video will be buffering every other bar which is frustrating and makes me not want to practice that

Offline MadelineMoon

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2020, 06:06:03 am »
Hi Justin
Love your website :)

Just wondering why my stats disapear if I delete a routine, is this supposed to happen?
 I deleted a routine (but not the items in the rountine) and all of the stats for that routine have disapeared. Is there anyway to get them back? If its just my fault for deleting a rountine thats just my bad but if it is a bug it would be good to get those hours of practice back on my stats.
maybe it would be useful to edit practice time from past days? (For if you are away from the internet or made a silly mistake like me)

Offline Fabrice31460

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2020, 10:50:39 pm »
One other point I noticed on the stats. It is always the highest value that is saved. For instance, if yesterday my stat was for a one minute change exercice « 32 » and today I achieved « 28 »,  in the stat I will find either for yesterday and today « 32 »

Hello,
Just notice today that this particular point has been improved. Now all the parameters / stats shown on the charts are equal to the actual values.

Thanks a lot

Fabrice

Offline mtb8662z

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2020, 06:32:45 pm »
I have saved some songs from lesson two into my active routine - no problem. Now I want to put these same songs into a new routine but when I go to a song, it says saved and won't let me save again into the new routine. I even tried deleting the initial routine but it did not free up the songs.

Can I un-save items in a routine and reuse them in another routine?

thanks

Offline mtb8662z

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2020, 07:18:25 pm »
OK, played with it more and found that if you delete an item from the active routine and archive it then delete it from the archive, it will become active and can be added to a new routine. So an item cannot be used in more than one routine.

I created a routine and added items to it. it became the active routine. I then created a second empty routine and made it the active routine - all of the items in the first routine were copied into the new routine. There is no way to delete items from the now active routine, so I have ended with the active routine being a duplicate of the archived routine. If I archive all of the items in the practice items then they are removed from both the active and archived routine.

I cannot find a way to make a routine with just items from lesson 1 and then a second routine with just items from lesson 2.

HELP!!

Offline mtb8662z

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2020, 11:09:31 pm »
Practice Assistant Problems

I am trying to build a separate routine of the practice songs for each lesson. The problem is that by the time I get to lesson 4, there are 25 items in the practice items list and it is impossible to identify only the lesson 4 items I want to use to create the lesson 4 routine.

I suggest allowing individual practice items to be archived without removing them from existing routines.
Doing this would allow me to put lesson 1 items into active practice items, add them to my lesson 1 routine and then archive them,  removing them from the active practice items list without removing them from the routine. I will then add lesson 2 items to practice items, and only see the lesson 2 items when I create my lesson 2 routine. Then when I want to create a routine for lesson 3, I simply archive the lesson 2 items out of the active practice item list, add the lesson 3 items to the practice list and then create the lesson 3 routine adding the active lesson 3 items from the practice list.

This will keep the active practice items list to a manageable size since a user can keep only currently wanted items in the active list. Also, routines would no longer show all available practice items ( a very long and confusing list ), but only currently active practice items..

Offline mtb8662z

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2020, 04:33:48 pm »
Song filters

In the song tab, I set my filters (ex. A Am D Dm E Em) and it shows me the song that have those chords - Great!

BUT,

when I select a song, play the video and return to the filter page, all of my filters are gone and I have to set them up again. They should be retained after playing a video.

Thanks

Offline xentronium

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2020, 09:49:28 pm »
I am having some trouble with the MPA i keep getting:

"There was a problem archiving this item"

I can't remove any of them.

Offline handaer

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2020, 04:00:20 pm »
I haven’t gone through all the posts.
But I would like to see monthly and yearly stats. Right now I can only see the last seven days.
Would be great to see total time spent practicing 👍

Get The Forum As A Mobile App