Author Topic: Feedback on My Practice Assistant (MPA)  (Read 6766 times)

Offline Greybeard

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Feedback on My Practice Assistant (MPA)
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2020, 05:35:48 pm »
I noticed today that when I lower a stat (i.e. having a bad day and need to practice a scale slower), the stats remain at the highest speed. Today I practiced Ziggy Stardust at a slower tempo and also changed my pentatonic scale practice from 160 bpm to 80 bpm (with 2 notes per beat), but the stats just stay level at my highest recorded speed. That, and the fact that the stats remain active for practice items I am no longer doing, make the stat area a real mess and much less informative than if it more accurately reflected what I actually did that day. Still, I use the practice assistant every day and it has definitely made my practice sessions far more productive, so you're on the right track with it.

Offline groovygrandad

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2020, 08:46:18 pm »
Like greybeard I find that stats only remain the same or go up never decrease which defeats the object of seeing improvement or not. Also the fact they remain after you've removed the practice item from your routine causes the page to become more and more unreadable. That said it's still keeping me on track to practice which is the aim thanks Justin

Offline 6stringrazor

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2020, 07:46:36 am »
Probably user error but I’m having trouble saving new Practice Items? I fill in all the details but “save” remains greyed out and nothing appears to be saved if I tap it.

Offline castulo

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2020, 05:28:28 pm »
First of all, thank you very much for doing this Justin.

I have two suggestions for the practice assistant:

- Keep a record of the last value used in the metronome for a given practice item. For example, if I have a practice item called "Minor pentatonic scale", and the last time I practiced it I set the metronome to 200, the next time I practice it most likely I'll set it up again to 200 (or higher), so having the metronome start at the last value will save time.

- I see some other people already suggested this but I do think is a very good idea so I'm reinforcing the suggestion: having a library of pre-defined practice items we can choose from when building a routine, and even having pre-defined routines we can just use.

Keep up the good work Justin! :D

Offline Keith Naylor

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2020, 06:18:48 pm »
One comment about the video link under each practice item - it links to a timer video of you encouraging us.  I would really like to be taken to the original vidoe that reminds me of the riff, stretch, scale or whatever the practice item is.

The video of you providing encouragement is simply a different timer.  Hope this suggestion finds its way into your development/enhancement schedule.

Rgds

Keith

Offline Greybeard

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2020, 07:12:21 pm »
Love love love the improved stats feature, much more useful and easy to see.  :-*

Offline sattamander

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2020, 06:07:12 am »
your system will NOT allow me to supply the URL to the error page
Hopefully only I have  this problem but for some reason my One Minute Changes: A to D is stuck at 74 when I have never even hit nor entered 74.  I think it might have something to do with the fact that during one night's practice session the "system" just kept clocking & would not come out of that mode so maybe something is corrupted and hopefully only in my case.

Offline BobG

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2020, 07:21:06 pm »
I would like to see a box with "Record Statistic" along the Repeat and Next boxes (instead of having to click on the line. Also, the last item in the practice does not have the Repeat box option. Thanks.

Offline SteveVG

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2020, 09:47:16 pm »
It seems that you cant record multiple stats like Metronome count, number of scale runs or chord changes in a minute. In the view stats graph all stats are displayed with one 'y' axis value. It would be great to have mulitple views. If its possible.

Offline velovagabond

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2020, 12:25:45 am »
It appears that I have lost all of my stats and practice times. After my 60 minute session today, I looked at the stats and only saw today's time. I decided to log out and log back in, and then even today's time was gone. So it now appears that I've done no practice or recorded any stats even though I've been using the practice assistant for a few weeks now.

Wondering if this has anything to do with the website issues last week, or if there was an update made that messed something up.

Offline Leibster

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2020, 06:59:46 am »
I tried logging in and out, but that did not help.  It seems to log new training, but then when I log in or out (and possibly even just refresh the page) it disappears. 

I LOVE the My Practice Assistant feature, and can't possibly overstate how much I appreciate you giving away this course and amazing tools like that for free!  (I donate when I can because your site has had such a massively positive impact on my life!)  I'm not here to complain, just  point it out so that hopefully someone can take a look and fix it. 

Offline Greybeard

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2020, 04:21:47 pm »
All my stats disappeared today  >:(

Offline ThunderRoad

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2020, 07:24:43 pm »
Statistics are no longer saved from day to day. Also, previous 1-minute chord change stats for a practice item will not display from previous practice. I'm using Classic Beginner Lessons if that makes any difference. This began recently, following the website outage.

Offline Leibster

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2020, 08:07:59 pm »
Mine are just gone, as if I never practiced.  Any chance they'll be coming back? 

Offline GeordieGhoulette

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2020, 10:27:07 pm »
Yup, same for me. They came up right after I practiced but were gone a few minutes later.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App