Author Topic: My latest covers and next phase of my journey as an artist  (Read 189 times)

Offline TheAJSound

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 14
My latest covers and next phase of my journey as an artist
« on: December 02, 2019, 10:58:13 pm »
Hi Justin Guitar Community

I started learning the guitar about 7 years ago in ~2012 via a combination of Justin’s videos and Marty’s videos on YouTube, then found this amazing community here.

Over the next 3-4 years I started playing for some amazing artists that are still my closest friends today and have moved on and done really well for themselves in the industry either as actors, solo artists or cover artists.

I began taking singing lessons during the same period and finally summoned up the confidence to do some live shows, open mics and put my music up on YouTube!

And then had a massive break and some life changing events that have now pushed me to become a full fledged singer songwriter and write my own music!

This community has always been supportive of every move, offered feedback and constructively helped me through this process and I just want to thank you all for that and share my latest 3 covers (note: embedded play is disabled on some) as well as my latest live stint.

I have been working on an album and will take all my songs to the streets / open mics and host some shows next year before I start dropping the singles (planning end of 2020) which will have some stunning visual content to go with it!

These covers below (plus the 2 I have in the works) May potentially be the last few covers I make and I really want to thank you for being a part of my journey!

https://youtu.be/bMRIexLwGJU

https://youtu.be/NhLabm7cXEM

https://youtu.be/3J0yUfDsD2E

Basically I want to offer anyone in this community the opportunity / access to my demos which I have been preparing on a private soundcloud playlist!!

Please let me know below if you’d like to join this as well as any feedback on the above!

Ps to follow my journey: (I apologise if this breaks any advertising rules on this site let me know I’ll remove it)
@theajsound on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
and my website https://www.theajsound.com

AJ

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 447
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: My latest covers and next phase of my journey as an artist
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 09:11:15 am »
Seven years ... wow ...

Firstly, thank you for continuing to come back to this community and update us as your musical story unfolds and writes chapters of accomplishment, success and joy.

I've just gone back to check out some of your early uploads ... here's Budapest from five years ago. You were already singing and playing pretty good even then. The singing lessons and the continued guitar learning have only built on what was clearly some natural talent.

Secondly, congratulations on all of your achievements and the fantastic push that has taken you along the path of writing and recording your own songs - enough to fill an album. That is quite a feat - bravo.

The video quality is great also - very professional productions.

And, finally, keep on doing what you are doing. Long may your success, happiness and growth continue. I look forward to the chapters not yet written and the next instalments of your story.

Richard
:)

Offline willsie01

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 04:17:42 pm »
Well done to you.
Creating and performing on your musical journey.
Inspirational.

Offline Schmidtrock

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
  • Learning Never Stops! Train Your Brain!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 04:18:42 pm »
Really good stuff! Thank you for sharing your journey.
- Kevin

'Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today' ~ James Dean

Get The Forum As A Mobile App