Author Topic: Christmas time again🎅  (Read 175 times)

Offline sairfingers

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Christmas time again🎅
« on: December 02, 2019, 09:09:39 pm »
Well, I’m a year further on in my guitar journey. I’m so enjoying revisiting Christmas songs that I haven’t touched for 12 months! Its normally difficult to judge improvement as you don’t notice the difference when you revisit songs every other week, but to come back to songs a year later with improved skills is very encouraging.
I know, I know. You’ll tell me I should be recording myself and posting videos on the forum in order to judge progress and get comments from others. I just haven’t got up the courage to do that yet.
Martin D28 Reimagined : Gibson SG Standard.
Boss Katana 50 : Digitech Trio+ & FS3X.
Arrived Feb 2018. BC completed, now on IM & Fingerstyle. Played a Framus archtop accoustic as a teenager in the late 60’s, then life got in the way for 50 years.

Offline JetCityCobra

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
  • No time like the present
Re: Christmas time again🎅
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 12:05:35 am »
Recording is a valuable tool and even if you never post them for others to see (which is perfectly fine), you can still use them to look back on yourself to gauge progress! Once you get in the habit of stressing out over something like a camera recording you and making you mess up, you'll get better at it and won't feel quite so intimidated.
Breedlove Oregon Concert CE Sitka Spruce - Myrtlewood
Fender Mod Shop Telecaster
Fender Player Jazz Bass

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 159
    • Point Fifty
Re: Christmas time again🎅
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 12:11:31 pm »
Same here, I gave "walking in the air" and "driving home for christmas" a shot. that Chris rea still aint good enough for performances but who knows, next year :)
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Get The Forum As A Mobile App