Author Topic: Laputa (Castle in the Sky) arrangement for Violin/Viola/Guitar  (Read 647 times)

Online brianlarsen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
Re: Laputa (Castle in the Sky) arrangement for Violin/Viola/Guitar
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2019, 06:55:41 pm »
Hey, just wanted to say that I've been listening to the Michael Nyman channel on YouTube Music for the past couple days, and I like many of his pieces. I've especially enjoyed some of his minimalist-oriented compositions. (Since I've been listening on a channel/playlist/radio type thing I don't know the titles, though! I need to go back and figure out which pieces I liked best.) My younger daughter seems to like his work, too. I had the YouTube channel playing while we were both in the kitchen cooking and she was humming along, at times. :)
It's always very satisfactory having a successful recommendation  :)

For what it's worth, my playlist includes:

Chasing sheep is best left to shepherds
An eye for optical theory
The garden is becoming a robe room
Prawn-watching
Time lapse
Fish beach
Knowing the ropes
Miranda
Book Depository
Coupling

Offline J.W.C.

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 35
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2019, 07:06:03 pm »
Thanks for the detail. I saw LilyPond in the footer of the score but hadn't heard of it so didn't click in that that was how you created it. It sounds a bit more than what I was thinking of for now, but I will keep it in mind for a later date.

You're welcome. If you find LilyPond to be a bit too overwhelming (it does have a learning curve), definitely keep MuseScore in mind, too.

Offline J.W.C.

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 35
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2019, 07:07:21 pm »
For what it's worth, my playlist includes...

Thanks. I need to put together a personal playlist, so that's a good place to start.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App