Author Topic: Practice Routine 'soft launch'  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Fetch

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: Practice Routine 'soft launch'
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2019, 02:01:51 am »
Hey Justin,

A little more feedback after a round of practice.

It would be nice to be able to add notes after the exercise is over (i.e. after the timer expires). I sometimes like to note things like how well did the exercise go which is not exactly a stat per se, but would still be useful to know. For example, I finished the basic finger workout at the first fret tonight and would like to drop myself a little reminder that next time I should move on to starting at the 7th fret and skip a fret between my index and middle fingers.

In addition to the 1/4 note, 1/8 note, 1/16 note subdivisions on the metronome, it would be great to have a triplet option (especially for those of us still working on our shuffle strumming ;-).

It might also be nice to have a way to shorten the duration of an exercise during the practice. For example, there are nights when I have to shorten some of my 5 minute exercises to 3 minutes to make the practice fit in the time I have for that given night. I'd really rather not have a bunch of routines that are just permutations of different amounts of time for the different exercises (Routine A: 5 min chord practice, 3 min finger workout, 5 min air changes; Routine B: 3 min chord practice, 5 min finger workout, 5 min air changes, etc).

Please take this all as just genuine feedback. All of these things are "nice to have" type of ideas. The tool is very good as it is and it will be a great companion to the beginner course.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 02:21:44 am by Fetch »

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2019, 04:28:01 pm »
Hey y'all.

So I decided to keep it free and just be a bit up front asking for donations!

It's public right now :)

@Fetch

Yes, notes at the end is actually very useful... will chat with Dev about that right now.

Yes, also triplets is on the todo!

Shortening in a routine is very hard - we explored some options but not found a satisfactory way to do it yet! But will come at some point!

Appreciate the feedback everyone - thank you! :)

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 86
  • Playing my way to a new way of thinking. ~ JG
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2019, 06:20:21 pm »
Hey y'all.

And it's awesome, thanks Justin. I just did a $25 Cdn donation, value definitely received. Now the most important part, user implementation - me practicing!! :)

Mari
Gretsch G5420T,  Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline GregB

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2019, 07:01:14 pm »
Hey y'all.

@Fetch

Yes, notes at the end is actually very useful... will chat with Dev about that right now.

Yes, also triplets is on the todo!

Shortening in a routine is very hard - we explored some options but not found a satisfactory way to do it yet! But will come at some point!

Appreciate the feedback everyone - thank you! :)

Oh free, I like free  ;D

£20 donated

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2019, 12:58:43 pm »
Thank you Greg and Mari :)

Hope you like it. I've gotta just get the new beginner course finished and I'm going to try and get routines done for all the main modules - even the old beginner course!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 447
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2019, 06:25:21 pm »
For any FEEDBACK on the Practice Assistant please visit this dedicated thread:

https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=45977.0

Get The Forum As A Mobile App