Author Topic: Fender American Performer Strat showed up in my house today  (Read 185 times)

Offline RCurtis

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Fender American Performer Strat showed up in my house today
« on: November 11, 2019, 01:48:23 am »
Wasn't supposed to. I've been saving for either a new Player (MIM) Strat or a used American Standard - which was to be my "reward" for faithfully practicing for a year and meeting certain guitar goals I set for myself. The Player lists for $675 and I've seen used Standards for around $750 to $800 in our local area. Went to a local independent shop today to check out inventory and the two Player Strats he had were colors that I didn't really like. What he did have on hand was a Honeyburst American Performer Strat.

I played it, really loved the feel and tone and also loved the fact that pulling up one of the tone knobs activates the neck pickup when you are using either bridge or the bridge/middle. Totally new tones there as well. Plus it looks phenomenal. Long story short, in the end he offered to sell it to me for 20% off, which pulled it down to $880. I know used is generally the best value, but the appeal of a new American strat for that price was irresistible. 

I'm liking my options when I play. My Yamaha FG acoustic is a solid, easy to play guitar. I have a PRS SE Standard that has great sounding humbuckers. This gives me some really nice single coil sounds. Now, I've just got to see if the wife lets me play it or if she'll make it become my Christmas present and hide it from me until then!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 442
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: Fender American Performer Strat showed up in my house today
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 07:42:12 am »
Ooh nice.
Happy NGD.
 :)

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 7
  • Not quitting, not now, not ever....
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:08:57 am »
That's great! I hope the missus let's you play it straight away and won't have to make you wait untill christmas.

Could you post a pick?
I'll get it in the end. Just don't give up, that's the key....

Offline RCurtis

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 12:47:57 am »
Picture of the body. There are some really cool, small checks under the finish that give it a lot of character. Picture picks it up a little bit but not like in person.

Whole guitar - headstock is a large 70s style, but boy the angle I took this at makes it look way larger than it is!!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 442
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 07:06:00 am »
I do like the colour of those.

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 7
  • Not quitting, not now, not ever....
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 09:55:30 am »
That is a fine looking guitar! I love the way they kept the wood the way it is and gave it a fine finish. Polished to shine and that's all you really need, imho.

And yes, the angle of the second picture had me laughing.  ;D

Great guitar! Thank you for the pics!
I'll get it in the end. Just don't give up, that's the key....

Get The Forum As A Mobile App