Author Topic: White/Yellow Grade Essential Skills missing from website  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Fresher

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
White/Yellow Grade Essential Skills missing from website
« on: November 09, 2019, 08:20:22 pm »
"The Grade System

1. WHITE
If you are new to the guitar you should start at the beginning, right? The white grade is super easy and for people who have never played before. You'll learn the 8 Essential Beginner chords, easy 8th note strumming, how to practice chord changes (the biggest beginner struggle) and you should learn loads of easy songs too. There's even a pre-beginner section for people interested in getting into guitar but not sure what's involved or what to buy.

The white grade is divided into 3 modules (Stages 1, 2 and 3) each of which should take a couple weeks, but some people may find they can get through it sooner. Detailed practice routines are given for each module! After or during the Stages you should check out the White Grade Essential Skills module too, and perhaps the optional Music Theory and Ear Training too!

2. YELLOW
Once you're confident with your White skill-set you graduate to Yellow where we learn some more chords and you'll first meet the Beginner nemesis, The F Chord (they don't call it that for nothing!). You'll learn to play a 12 Bar Blues and a bunch more fun songs that are a little harder harder than the last grade (but still very easy!).

The yellow grade is again divided into 3 modules (Stages 4, 5 and 6) and you will likely find they take a little longer than the first 3 stages but I try to keep progress steady and fun all the way! You'll find more Essential Skills, Theory and Ear Training too!"

=====================================================================

Where I can find those?
Stage 4 in progress...

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 577
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: White/Yellow Grade Essential Skills missing from website
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 08:27:28 pm »
When I was writing my posts in reply to you yesterday, about practice routines etc, I noticed that these were missing too.

I will be in touch with Justin to raise it.

Offline Fresher

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 08:28:13 pm »
Alright man, thanks!

Well, since we are on this topic, Justin listed "Ear Training Introduction" and "Guitar Maintenance 1" in the begginer module and as white grade. But when you open it, it says DIFFICULTY: SPECTRUM, so it's begginery or spectrum? I think it was spectrum material at first, but Justin moved them to begginer and forgot to change the difficulty. And if is the case, seems like Justin is pushing advanced stuff into begginer stuff (as he did with the "Dynamics" thing).

https://www.justinguitar.com/modules/ear-training-introduction
https://www.justinguitar.com/modules/guitar-maintenance-1

You can see in the Stage 1-4, there's videos were Justin was younger and some are recent, the recent videos are basically related do the APP and that video abouts strumming without pick, but there's this advanced stuff, and he even said that he's going to move a stage 6 lesson to previous stages (I don't remember which stage). The videos of him younger are basically the foundation and new ones are either advanced things added-in to begginer stages, app related or new lesson), But, he's putting advanced stuff into begginer, which overloads the mind of the student and confuses in my opinion. Now, I'm just a noob, but is that really the way to go?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 11:50:56 pm by Fresher »
Stage 4 in progress...

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 577
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 09:15:50 am »
Spectrum isn't really a description of a level of difficulty.
It is more an area where a large selection of skills, techniques, useful learning paths all can be grouped together.
And they can be introduced to your learning path early on or later as you have made more progress.
And they are there for beginners, intermediate and advanced players.
They are not the sort of things that can be categorised by level of difficulty so easily as the actual teaching of the beginner course skills and techniques.

Justin's new website went live last year.
Justin is constantly striving to improve all aspects of his course, the site, the quality of videos and materials etc.
So there is a mix of old and new videos.
And there may be sections needing maintenance with missing parts or broken links so please do continue to notify of any issue you find.

:)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:41:04 am by close2u »

Offline Fresher

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 03:12:45 pm »
Oh I understand, thanks for the info :)

I thought it was Begginer > Intermediate > Advanced > Spectrum (the ultimate level, expert, elite...) xD
Stage 4 in progress...

Get The Forum As A Mobile App