Author Topic: Recording  (Read 1531 times)

Offline GregB

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 4
Recording
« on: October 30, 2019, 06:08:26 pm »
Is there a preferred app folk use to record yourself playing on iPhone orwill the voice memo suffice ?

Offline Badgerman

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Recording
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 01:48:33 pm »
It’s all I’ve found that will work but it really gets through memory, GregB.

Like a lot of Apple stuff, I find GarageBand to be so awful that it’s unusable, personally. I tried downloading something called “Recorder”, but it was so full of bugs and problems that it was about as useless. I’m deeply frustrated not being able to find a way of recording beyond using voice memo.

Sorry that’s not much help. I’m not what you might call an IT expert!

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 103
  • Playing my way to a new way of thinking. ~ JG
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 03:19:44 pm »
I'm definitely not an IT expert either. I've just been using the video function of my iPhone camera to record videos. The sound quality and volume isn't the best for recording acoustic guitar as I'm ~ 8' away to fit me and my guitar in the video frame. The volume is better when I record my electric guitar, because then I can place the amp closer to the phone.
American Pro Strat HSS, Gretsch G5420T, 
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400
Boss Katana 50
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline J.W.C.

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 43
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 10:55:34 pm »
I haven't personally done this, but I ran across an article about using an iPhone as a USB microphone a while back.

Found it:
https://techwiser.com/use-iphone-as-wireless-microphone-for-mac/

I believe the aim with this approach is to use the iPhone purely as a microphone hooked up to your Mac, so you record into whatever DAW or software you want that is running on the Mac (e.g. Logic, GarageBand, Audacity, et cetera). Not sure if that will fit your use case or not.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App