Author Topic: Guitar Pro - capo doesn't seem to change tone  (Read 507 times)

Offline Jorvik

• Good Vibes 0
Guitar Pro - capo doesn't seem to change tone
« on: October 24, 2019, 10:06:26 pm »
Hi, a newbie here.  :D

Anyone use Guitar Pro?

I've downloaded a trial of Guitar Pro 7.  I'm trying to write a song and I need the capo on the second fret.  I've worked out how to add the capo (within 'Tuning') but when I playback the song, the notes do not sound correct.

The only way I've worked out how to fix this is by setting the 'Relative Tuning' option to +2.  Is this the correct method to do this?

Thanks.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 442
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: Guitar Pro - capo doesn't seem to change tone
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 10:42:00 pm »
Hi Jorvik.
Welcome.
I don't know the answer to your question but I do know you can alter the pitch of a piece you write using the tools.

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 03:47:37 am »
The capo on GP7 should change the notes (at least it does for me).

Bear in mind that, after you apply the capo, the tab positions are from the capo. So if you put a note on the E string at fret position 3 normally that would be G. If you put a capo on the 2nd fret, then tab position 3 becomes A.

If you are capo-ing an existing track, when you add the capo it will give you the choice of adjusting or keeping the fingerings. If you keep the fingerings, then this will push the notes higher. If you adjust them it will keep them the same.

For example, if you had fret 3 on the E string (which is G)  tabbed out without a capo and you then add a capo at the second fret...

If you keep the fingerings, that will stay as tab position 3, which is now the note A.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Keith
If you adjust the fingerings then it will change to tab position 1 which is still G
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline Jorvik

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 04:15:48 pm »
FIXED:  It was user error!  Working fine now.  :D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App