Author Topic: Katana 50 (MKI) connection problem  (Read 356 times)

Offline nellicus

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
Katana 50 (MKI) connection problem
« on: October 11, 2019, 09:57:26 am »
Hi all,

I just (stupidly) upgraded my Mac to MacOS Catalina v10.15.....no whenever I try to connect Tone Studio to my Katana 50 I get an error saying Katana connection failure.
I don't use Tone Studio much but it was working before.
Anyone else experienced this issue, or have upgraded and it works fine?
I have reinstalled the drivers and it makes no difference.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Neil
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electric - 1993 MIA Strat Plus, Blackstar HT-5 Combo, Boss ME-50. Accoustic - Ibanez V50

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
Re: Katana 50 (MKI) connection problem
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:47:31 am »
Unfortunately, there are widespread compatibility issues with Catalina, and practically every pro-audio manufacturer has indicated compatibility issues.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/2019/9/18/brands-are-already-issuing-warnings-about-not-upgrading-to-macos-catalina

Boss, specifically, have said:

“If you are using a Roland product via a USB connection to a Mac computer, please refrain from upgrading to macOS Catalina (macOS 10.15), which is about to be newly released. Compatibility with macOS Catalina (macOS 10.15) will be verified and announced after the release of macOS Catalina (macOS 10.15).

It sounds, to me, like you may have to wait until they release compatible drivers.

That's not very helpful, I know, but it may serve as a warning to others.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline nellicus

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 03:34:15 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Keith,

At least I'm not going crazy :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electric - 1993 MIA Strat Plus, Blackstar HT-5 Combo, Boss ME-50. Accoustic - Ibanez V50

Offline nellicus

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 11:32:40 am »
If anyone is interested the 10.15 driver for the Katana 50 MkI is now on the Boss website....havent got round to seeing if it works yet.........

Get The Forum As A Mobile App