Author Topic: Looking for a tool that listens to me play a chord, tell me if it sounds right.  (Read 145 times)

Offline DadOfThree

• Good Vibes 0
Are there any Android or PC Tools out there that will listen to me play a chord, and tell me if I'm playing a correctly?

Sent from my SM-G965U using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline GregB

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
I’m a beginner so maybe talking rubbish but cant you just listen to see if it rings true. If you play the individual strings and they sound clear then the chord will play true too as long as your guitar is tuned.

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 33
Are there any Android or PC Tools out there that will listen to me play a chord, and tell me if I'm playing a correctly?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

You've got one either side of your head :)
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline DadOfThree

• Good Vibes 0
I knew some of you would say just use your ears. 
Thanks, but I'm a beginner, and do not have the musical ear yet.  I'm sure over time, I'll be able to train my ears to recognize this stuff, but I'm not there yet. 
Since I'm not paying for lessons yet and have no one to critic me, I thought there might be some tools out there?

Offline GregB

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
I’m a beginner too about 5 weeks in, another aid is to use a clip on tuner as you play.

It really is easy to tell if it’s a good note or not with your ears, you’ll know when it sounds wrong.

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 173
If you don't  use your ears you will never get a musical ear.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App