Author Topic: Family day gig  (Read 436 times)

Offline glpguitar

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
Re: Family day gig
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 08:51:06 am »
Nice one! You guys rocked and I love the approach of "throw yourself in the water and learn how to swim" :D!

You did an amazing job here and keep us updated on future gigs!

Offline Balamuthiah

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 50
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 01:25:19 pm »
Nice one! You guys rocked and I love the approach of "throw yourself in the water and learn how to swim" :D!

You did an amazing job here and keep us updated on future gigs!

Thank you glpguitar and the approach surely works! Especially in this case. Playing with a band to me has always made my playing better cuz I can better keep time and the chord changes somehow become smoother, probably cuz subconsciously I’m challenging myself or something. But it certainly works. Also considerably reduces stage fear.

I’ll definitely keep you guys posted :)

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2019, 11:34:02 pm »
Gosh Balla,
You guys overcame much to pull this off. My hat is off to you for doing so well considering all that was in front of you. Sweet home was my favorite as the lead guitar player is pretty good too. Great stuff and nice job all around.

I would say next time you should make it easier on yourself and practice, but duct tape that mic on! lol

All my best as you keep on rocking it down!
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline Balamuthiah

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 50
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 07:17:25 am »
Gosh Balla,
You guys overcame much to pull this off. My hat is off to you for doing so well considering all that was in front of you. Sweet home was my favorite as the lead guitar player is pretty good too. Great stuff and nice job all around.

I would say next time you should make it easier on yourself and practice, but duct tape that mic on! lol

All my best as you keep on rocking it down!
LB

Thank you for the listen and kind words Lbro! It was a lot of fun. And the lead guitarist is solid good considering the fact that he never practices! Well he must have when he was younger, probably a lot!

I do need to practice a lot though! Not just for my gigs, but in general. So many songs I want to learn and possibly master!

And I had the wrong mic stand holder so we had to duct tape the mic :D And then had to stay very close to it. That was difficult!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App