Author Topic: How to Guitar along a song's backing track - beginner  (Read 327 times)

Offline metallicatony

• Good Vibes 0
How to Guitar along a song's backing track - beginner
« on: October 02, 2019, 10:40:43 pm »
Hello Justin and Justin Fans, Thank you so much for the support and help offered!!  Big thank you for Justin.

Here is my question: I want to learn playing along a REAL song's backing/karaoke track.  I have an electric guitar and an amp. Ideally what i want to do is: play the song's backing track from my audio speakers and play my electric guitar over it. I believe this will motivate me a lot and allow me to exhibit an enjoyable performance (if i'm able to play well :)) )

I'm totally clueless how to start going about this.
  • I don't know where i can find/download the backing/karaoke version of any basic song to start with.
  • I searched Justin's videos for any lessons related to how to go about playing with song's backing track but could not find any.

Please guide me. Thanks.

Offline Fresher

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: How to Guitar along a song's backing track - beginner
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 11:09:38 pm »
Download the Justin's app, there's backtrack for the songs in the "Playground" as well on each lesson.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.musopia.fourchordsjustin&hl=en-us

It's not a free app however, but you can try it and see if you like it. I think it worth every dollar, or Real in my case (because I'm from Brazil xD)

I used this app and I think I'll continue to use it, alongside with this site for even more learning/practice/convenience.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 71
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 05:01:47 am »
If your amp has a AUX in connector you can run a line from your laptop earphone jack into the amp's AUX. Then just play a youtube backing track video and you'll hear your guitar and the backing track through your amp. Most solid state amps allow for this.

Offline jono

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 08:21:58 am »
You can get backing tracks from guitar backing tracks .com along with the song tabs from songsterr.

Sent from my SM-N910F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline jono

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 08:22:37 am »
You can get backing tracks from guitar backing tracks .com along with the song tabs from songsterr.

Sent from my SM-N910F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Ziggy75

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
  • Metal Wizard in training
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 11:21:23 pm »
If you want backing tracks for songs NOT covered by Justin, I recently found a site that I used.  The tracks are £1.50 each, which sounds a lot, but try getting a cup of coffee that cheap.  I would also recommend just playing to a full song to start. I found that quite enjoyable.  I also buy the CD for any song I decide to play on the beginner's course, and I buy them 2nd hand off music magpie for £1.50 each.  It's also a great way to find out if you enjoy the artist's other songs.  Please note: I am NOT affiliated with any of the companies I have mentioned.

The backing track provider I used was here: https://www.karaoke-version.com/guitar-backing-track

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 437
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 07:06:20 am »
Hello and welcome.
Playing along to a real time version of the songs you want to play is 100% a good idea and will help so many aspects of your playing improve.
You can stream any backing track from this site absolutely free of charge. You can download a very limited number per day and it costs the site so unless you need to download I would encourgae you to just stream them as you need them.

Offline craigmill

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 05:20:58 pm »
If you like jazz and blues iReal Pro is quite good https://irealpro.com or SessionBand: http://www.sessionbandapp.com - I also tend to use the  Hal Leonard Play Along: https://www.halleonard.com/viewpressreleasedetail

Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nigec

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 06:10:07 pm »
Nice site close2u..bookmarked :)
I've been using Tuxguitar and guitar pro files
Guitars:  Squier classic vibe Stratocaster; Fender look alike Jazz bass from a kit, Cigarbox 3 string, Uke, Mandolin and the devil loves a tryer!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App