Author Topic: 2019 Cover #32 (Oasis - Stand By Me)  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 94
  • Cause I need more time yes I need more time...
2019 Cover #32 (Oasis - Stand By Me)
« on: September 16, 2019, 07:36:58 pm »
Oasis time again with this classic song from the Be Here Now album. As usual with Oasis songs quite easy chords but hard to sing and to catch the vibe of the original. A cold makes it even more difficult to sing this one.

Only 20 songs to go now. After recording 32 songs in 2019, I feel it would be interesting and maybe better practice, to work deeper with a few songs. But I think I'm gonna try to finish this project and record 52 songs and after that start work more intense with a few songs.

Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017
IM started March 29, 2017
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCus_LSy8xc5x51NrBxMt5MQ

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 370
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: 2019 Cover #32 (Oasis - Stand By Me)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:06:24 pm »
Well, I don't know the song or album but it sounded like an Oasis song based on the covers you've played, Johan. So I guess you got the vibe well enough.

I really enjog watching your strumming. Looks so relaxed and accompanies your singing well. Good job on the sequence of changes with one chord per strum.

As to what will help you continue to develop,  maybe it is concentrating on improving particular songs, maybe other things. For example,  there is recording or writing some songs or finger-style or live performing or lead play over backing tracks ... so many options  ;D Whatever inspires you....

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 94
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 07:16:05 am »
Thanks David. Yes the strumming has really improved and works more or less on auto-pilot now. Remember when I struggled badly with this so its a big achievment.

Overall I think the latest covers is a bit more relaxed and confident compared to early 2019. Starting to show some signs of the guitar player I want to become. Still a lot to work on but I have achieved pretty much so far. The overall technique is pretty solid, what I need to work more on is dynamics, embellishments and how to make my music more alive. I feel this is a totally different skill compared to learn technically how to play guitar, which is what I have focused on during my first years.

Also the singing needs to improve of course…

As you say there are so many options on what to work on. I think after the "cover project" is finished I am gonna work more deep with a few songs. Fingerstyle yes I love playing fingerstyle. Solo and lead play does not interest me that much. Maybe in the future. Electric guitar is also something I wanna try, but wanna be a solid acoustic player first.
Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 157
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:45:28 am »
Nice,
Enjoyed this one... Keep em coming.

Rock on in #33,
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 370
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 11:47:55 am »
Thanks David. Yes the strumming has really improved and works more or less on auto-pilot now. Remember when I struggled badly with this so its a big achievment.

Overall I think the latest covers is a bit more relaxed and confident compared to early 2019. Starting to show some signs of the guitar player I want to become. Still a lot to work on but I have achieved pretty much so far. The overall technique is pretty solid, what I need to work more on is dynamics, embellishments and how to make my music more alive. I feel this is a totally different skill compared to learn technically how to play guitar, which is what I have focused on during my first years.

Also the singing needs to improve of course…

As you say there are so many options on what to work on. I think after the "cover project" is finished I am gonna work more deep with a few songs. Fingerstyle yes I love playing fingerstyle. Solo and lead play does not interest me that much. Maybe in the future. Electric guitar is also something I wanna try, but wanna be a solid acoustic player first.

And just wish you continued fun in the adventure to learn to play and sing the way you want to.  Look forward to tagging along as you go through these shared recordings.

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 94
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 07:16:58 am »
Thanks LBro for listening and glad you liked it. Working on #33.

And thanks David, I wish the same to you!
Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 168
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 09:25:04 pm »
Sounding good!

One new song a week is a nice cadence. At the end of the run you will be a quick study moving forward. How often do you add new chords?

Keep 'em coming.

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 51
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 11:02:06 am »
Hey Loefrgren

I think you are making lots of progress. Playing and singing is quite flowing, and it's nice to listen too. Oasis songs are quite difficult to sing. they are cool song to practice on singing + playing at the same time. But the singing itself I find it not that easy. So great job mate.

About making your music more alive as you said. Maybe I am wrong but you seem to be focused on what chords  and lyrics come to the next line ? So maybe with time, you will know better the song, and just play it without thinking about the playing or singing. I know it's the same for me, I need to know the song really well if I want to personify the song (I don't know how to say this in English sorry if it's not correct, I googled a translation) : I mean it is like you are the song, you're not just someone who play the song. This only takes time.
So don't worry about that for now I would say, and keep on playing and having fun, you're a going on the right road.

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 94
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 08:04:48 am »
Thanks Clint and Kevin!

Clint: The songs I play mainly contain chords I know fairly well. I try to stay in keys with easy chords. Sometimes more difficult chords turns up though and I have to work a little extra with them.

Kevin: Thanks for the feedback. I think you are right, I know this song pretty good, but I havent played it enough yet to make it mine. Need to work more on both playing and singing technique also, I am not skilled enough yet to put my focus on the performance. But I will for sure keep playing and have fun. And Kevin, I would love to hear an acoustic Oasis cover from you!

#33 is a bit delayed, struggling to get the right feel of the song. Later this week I hope...

Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017

Get The Forum As A Mobile App