Author Topic: 002 2019 Tears in Heaven  (Read 1043 times)

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
  • Playing my way to a new way of thinking. ~ JG
Re: 002 2019 Tears in Heaven
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2019, 09:39:53 pm »
@ willsie01

Thanks Willsie 😃 Natural performer? Well let’s say working on it lol.

I’m reading using the Songbook App set up to scroll according to the length of the song so the tab scrolls on my iPad as I’m playing. To get the song into Songbook I use GuitarPro software (got a great deal using a 50% off coupon from Close, I can’t find the thread though so maybe he’s out), which lets me either create Tab really easily or, which is what I did for this one, import a text file from online somewhere then modify it using a more accurate tab (which I got from Justin’s lesson, and from one of his music books, with a wee little bit of my own changes). Anyway the system is working great for me, and I’m not using anywhere near the actual ability of GP yet, lots to learn about it still.

Agreed it’s not much of a ‘frame’ for the video (you must be referring to the headphones on the tv stand. Or else the cat pillow?). For the few videos I’ve done usually I’ve thought more about the background and have sat in front of the piano, didn’t think about it this time though.

@ close2u

Thanks for your input, Richard, and for taking the time to comment. I keep working on songs that I never thought I’d be able to play and am very happy to get to a shareable version 😃 Re going for clean, ringing notes, yup that’s the challenge and the goal! I didn’t even bother pointing out the flubs this time, even the one really awful note at 1:24 😃

Mari
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 01:30:00 pm by close2u »
Gretsch G5420T,  Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline willsie01

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2019, 11:30:53 pm »
Hi, I started looking up the Songbook app because I’d love one that does as you describe. I found 3 apps: Songbook Simple, Song Book pro and SongBook Chordpro. I’m thinking you were talking about the last one which costs £10.99 here in the U.K.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
  • Playing my way to a new way of thinking. ~ JG
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2019, 12:07:55 am »
Hi, I started looking up the Songbook app because I’d love one that does as you describe. I found 3 apps: Songbook Simple, Song Book pro and SongBook Chordpro. I’m thinking you were talking about the last one which costs £10.99 here in the U.K.?

Yup, SongBook Chordpro is the App I use, I checked it to be sure. It cost me $14.99 Cdn + taxes when I bought it Feb 2018.
Gretsch G5420T,  Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline stitch101

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2019, 12:57:40 am »
Songbook Chordpro is the app I use as well. Really easy to use and edit songs.
You can down load music in chordpro format right into to app edit it in minutes.

Offline Balamuthiah

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 50
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2019, 04:08:59 am »
I saw a quick preview of the video a week or so ago but only now have I managed to watch it fully. You know Mari, the first thing that I was reminded of when I went to dropbox to view it was the cover of layla you did a long time ago. I miss your vocals but your guitar playing is spot on as always. Lovely stuff. :)

Offline willsie01

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2019, 10:15:10 am »
Yup, SongBook Chordpro is the App I use, I checked it to be sure. It cost me $14.99 Cdn + taxes when I bought it Feb 2018.

Thank you very muchly

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App