Author Topic: First Guitar EVER New Bullet or Secondhand Affinity ?  (Read 676 times)

Offline Yami

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: First Guitar EVER New Bullet or Secondhand Affinity ?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2019, 07:59:41 pm »
A list !
That's exactly what I needed ! :)
Thanks ^____^

Tomorrow I will be evaluating the guitar ( the guy couldn't come today )
I have decided to buy the Cort after reading your posts !
But if any one of them had a problem or a defect , I will definitely take the other one

After buying the guitar I will use your list to find an amp that suits my budget.
One question though in the second list , u wrote older , what does that mean ?

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 434
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2019, 08:09:55 pm »

One question though in the second list , u wrote older , what does that mean ?

Amps that have been discontinued / replaced by newer versions yet still represent good buys and good value on the 2nd hand market.

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
  • Is on the Outside, looking in
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2019, 11:40:30 am »
Wait I could do that ??  ( Coil Splitting )
I thought that has to be built in like the les paul Standard Pro with Probuckers

https://imgur.com/4ise3QY

https://imgur.com/ZmCZNDq

Neither of those came with any of the extra toggles, both were 'budget' guitars (before I spent hundreds of euros on pickups and other hardware, like the complete nutjob I am).
And you don't even have to use toggle switches, there are volume/tone pots that have push or pull switch mechanisms built in that you could use instead.
I just prefer toggles so I can visually confirm what I've set my guitar to.

(and yes, my guitars are really dirty right now, I played a few gigs over the summer, the sweat and dirt is really building up, plus dust from the storage between gigs  :-[ )

Is it expensive to do so ? and I definitely have to check with my local store since there isn't much guitar technology around here

How expensive it will be will depend on the guitar tech and how easy it is for them to get the right hardware, so I honestly can't say, it varies too wildly between countries and even between cities sometimes.

But on the technical side, it's simple enough that if you know how to solder and use a drill, you could even do it yourself.
The only potential issue is the Cort's pickups; humbucker pickups can have either two, three or four wires, and you'd need three or four to be able to coil split.
Thankfully replacement pickups don't have to be expensive, and there are plenty of budget brands that sound excellent, even at low prices.
"You need a little bit of insanity to do great things"
--Henry Rollins

(If you need me for something, PM ME FOR FSM'S SAKE ! I'm not around a lot, and I do NOT have thread notifications on!)

Offline Yami

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2019, 04:46:07 pm »
I love your guitars !

Thanks for the tip regarding Coil Splitting!  I had no idea that I could that ^__^

I will definitely do it later on to increase my versatility ;)

One last thing though U mentioned 2 , 3 ,4 wires pickups , I tried to google cr250 pickups to see how many wires they have but no luck
Any idea how could I find that ?
If they are 2 wires though, it won't be a problem I do intend to change the pickups later on .

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
  • Is on the Outside, looking in
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2019, 02:04:51 am »
Ask, and thou shalt receive : https://www.cortguitars.com/product/item.php?ca_id=101010&it_id=72&page=1#tab_Specifications
If you download the schematics from that page, you'll see that it looks like the pickups are two conductor (two regular wires, and one ground)
I also forgot to mention three conductor is rarely used, it's generally either two or four conductor (technically three and five wires respectively, if you count the ground wires)

From the reviews though, they seem to be nice pickups for blues and jazz styles.
"You need a little bit of insanity to do great things"
--Henry Rollins

(If you need me for something, PM ME FOR FSM'S SAKE ! I'm not around a lot, and I do NOT have thread notifications on!)

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 98
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2019, 07:25:28 am »
Definitely nice for jazz and blues, they had one in a shop reasonably local to me so curiosity got the better of me and I went to have a look at it; it’s a good job I didn’t have my card with me or I would have been in serious trouble with her indoors!
All as I need to say is that you definitely will not go wrong buying the Cory, they are a superb instrument for the price and definitely outshine the others you were interested in, to get a telecaster as good you would have to buy a Classic vibe or MIM!
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline Yami

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #36 on: Today at 02:53:57 pm »
Quick Update :

I decided to buy the cort but the guy simply disappeared :(

I ended up buying the Tele ( after decreasing the price by 40 bucks which was awesome ! )

And I bought Blackstar ID core V2 10W secondhand

Rn I doing stage 1 of the beginner course

Thanks guys for the help ! :)

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 122
« Reply #37 on: Today at 03:15:42 pm »
Sounds like a win to me!

Happy New Guitar (and amp) day.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 98
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #38 on: Today at 05:02:49 pm »
Great stuff, enjoy - I'm sure that you won't be disappointed with your Telecaster and amp, both pretty decent pieces of kit for a beginner 👍👍👍
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Get The Forum As A Mobile App