Author Topic: DNXPeeJay's Road Case  (Read 1150 times)

Offline DNXPeeJay

• Good Vibes 0
DNXPeeJay's Road Case
« on: August 08, 2019, 09:07:59 pm »
Background:
As a kid, I always wanted to learn an instrument like the guitar but kept making excuses that prevented me from learning. Some time around middle school, I broke 8 of my fingers in a wrestling accident and was sure that I would never have the finger dexterity to learn an instrument. Approx. 4 years ago, I started producing music as a hobby and have since gotten very good at making Hip-Hop, pop, & electronic instrumentals from my DAW. Making music on a computer is fun but I always wanted to learn a real instrument and the guitar is one of the hardest instruments to emulate from a VST or a plugin what with all of its expression and such. 5 weeks ago, I made the leap of faith in purchasing a guitar and seeing if i had what it takes to learn by using JustinGuitar.

Success Story:
I am not typically a fast learner but I was shocked to see how quickly I was zooming through Justin's lessons and actually excelling. 4 weeks in on the guitar and I had completed the beginner course and was ready for consolidation. And today, 5 weeks in, I am now starting the intermediate foundation course having a solid grasp on everything I have learned in the beginner course... except for power chords on the 5th string but I'm working on that!

I make this post as a moment of pride for myself that I am actually pursuing and achieving my dream of playing the guitar. Not only that, but i thought i was too old to play at age 23 but I think with the right amount of dedication and willingness, anybody can learn if they want to and Justin makes it that much easier for people to do so without shelling out hundreds of dollars on lessons.

Some people close to me weren't very supportive of my idea to learn an instrument at this age and it really had me down at first but now I'm so happy I made this decision. I can already play rhythm guitar for pretty much every song I could want to play and the more I practice, the better I get and the more I learn! I'm so glad I overcame my excuses and took the leap of faith in learning this instrument. I can't thank Justin enough and to anybody else starting their journey or finding moments of struggle, just know you will overcome it so long as you just keep coming back to it everyday and actively work on your weaknesses! It seemed like I would never get used to transitioning from the F major barre chord to another chord but then one day it just clicks. Keep working until all of your struggles "click" for you!

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 194
Re: DNXPeeJay's Road Case
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 01:18:38 am »
I make this post as a moment of pride for myself that I am actually pursuing and achieving my dream of playing the guitar. Not only that, but i thought i was too old to play at age 23 but I think with the right amount of dedication and willingness, anybody can learn if they want to and Justin makes it that much easier for people to do so without shelling out hundreds of dollars on lessons.

I'm so glad I overcame my excuses and took the leap of faith in learning this instrument. I can't thank Justin enough and to anybody else starting their journey or finding moments of struggle, just know you will overcome it so long as you just keep coming back to it everyday and actively work on your weaknesses!  Keep working until all of your struggles "click" for you!

Welcome to the forum DNXPeeJay  :)

What an inspiration you are  :D  You have every reason to be  proud of yourself. Finding the courage, self-discipline and momentum to claim a dream and make it a reality is a sweet victory.  Loud applause and cheering coming from me.

Now we want to hear your music. Please.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 07:34:13 am »
LMAO 23 and being told too old. Bunch of us here on the other side of 50, who show you're never too old.

But seriously,  lovely to hear your enthusiasm and happiness.  Wonderful to celebrate with you.

Now would be grand to hear you playing.

Offline DNXPeeJay

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 09:57:33 pm »
Thank you so much for the support guys! I'd love to post  myself jamming some of my fav songs to play like Cigarette Daydreams or The A-Team (great beginner songs btw) but I was just wondering where I could post for people to listen to?

Also, I know that 23 isn't old and your totally right! But sometimes I compare myself to the people that started learning at 10 years old that can absolutely shred and it makes me feel like I should of started younger ha. Just have to focus on myself and own growth to keep pushing forward!

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 10:01:48 pm »
Look at the home page of the Community listing all the sections. Scroll down and you'll find the performance and progress area. You can post in the Audio or Video of You Playing section.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 194
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 10:58:27 pm »
LMAO 23 and being told too old. Bunch of us here on the other side of 50, who show you're never too old.

Yeah David, I let that one pass, but now you mention it, there are some here on the other side of 70 who are beginners  ;D  PJ if you keep playing and learning, just think how awesome you'll be when you're that ancient  8)
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 08:54:47 pm »
Cool beans, @DNXPeeJay! We always want to hear from people that are new to the forum and Justin's courseware. :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App