Author Topic: einvaal's Road Case  (Read 236 times)

Offline einvaal

• Good Vibes 0
einvaal's Road Case
« on: August 05, 2019, 10:48:30 pm »
I've been practising the D, A and E from the beginner's course. Not much success with the chords yet ... haven't even memorized them yet.

So I have zero skills at the moment but as it turns out, I need to make some magic happen. I need to create a sound art piece using the guitar and have 3 weeks time. It does not have to be polished by that time but it needs to be presentable.

I've got an old Zoom portable recorder that I will use to record the guitar. And then some editing with PC, I've used Reaper for that.

This is so typical to my life. I begin something in a relaxed and leisurely manner, and then suddenly it transforms into something serious and proficiency-requiring.

It's pretty funny actually.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 110
Re: einvaal's Road Case
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 11:15:14 pm »
Welcome to the community einvaal  :)  Sometimes pressure can bring out the best in us, I'm sure that will be the case for you. It's great that you have recording gear and by the sound of it more than zero skills. We'd love to hear your recording.

Offline einvaal

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 10:57:48 am »
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement!

Yeah I will gladly post the sound piece here when it's ready. Towards the end of August it will be.

And no doubt there will be updates on progress from me from time to time.  :)

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 98
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 06:44:04 pm »
Another welcome to the community, and a simple piece of advice - don’t pressurise yourself, just have fun and enjoy the journey! Timescales to do things are counterproductive, they lead to things no longer being enjoyable and subsequently lead to the flame and burn scenario. Take your time, learn plenty of songs (no matter how simple you play them - revisiting them when you’re more proficient), and above all post for critique so that you can get constructive feedback to help your progress!
Enjoy your pathway to learning to play the guitar,
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 434
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 08:10:29 pm »
Welcome to the JG community.
All good folk here.
Well done on getting your road case up and running.
Stick with the structured learning path Justin has created and you'll be alright.
Any questions just ask.
:)

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 233
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 07:36:46 am »
Welcome and wish you well with the project.  May it be the catalyst to begin an adventure in learning to play guitar and make music.

Offline einvaal

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 08:52:19 pm »
Thank you, nice to feel welcome here!

I do have the tendency to start scheduling things, setting time goals but I just need to skip that. Maybe I'll spend the next year with D, A and E  :)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 67
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 08:58:16 pm »
Welcome aboard! Get A, D, & E under your fingers and you can cover a lot of great songs.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App