Author Topic: Elias Bartholomeo - what a talent at age 16  (Read 242 times)

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
Elias Bartholomeo - what a talent at age 16
« on: August 03, 2019, 11:29:39 pm »
I don't ever do this but I'm compelled.   Some of you may remember a post I made after meeting Tommy Emmanuel and how he played waltzing Matilda on my guitar.   Well he played it because this kid Elias wanted to play with him.   The young guy was 15 he's maybe 16 now.   I can't stress enough that what this kid does in this video is almost impossible.   Please watch it.   I've become friendly with him and his dad and this is a very recent highschool performance.  I say performance but it's possibly the best performance I've ever seen.   
Mods if this is in the wrong place I'm sorry I just think it needs to be seen. 
He's a tall lad who looks older than he is but he's a kid who from the minute he saw Tommy Emmanuel play has idolised him and become a phenomenal guitar player.   

Enjoy Elias Bartholomeo playing a Beatles melody and Classical gas,  at his high school.   

"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 110
Re: Elias Bartholomeo
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 02:46:03 am »
You're right Alex, a remarkable talent. He's even taken on some of Tommy's mannerisms. The mods might move this to the Just Chatting/What are you Currently Listening to thread.

Can't help wonder what's ahead for this young man.

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 03:55:24 am »
Yeah he's got a big future Maggie.  It's pretty common for young guys this committed to mimick their idols until they find their own way.   He's a cool young humble kid.  Thanks for listening  I don't know how to move it to just chatting and my back is out so Ill leave it to the mods.  I'm sure they work out.
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 233
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 08:29:04 am »
Thanks for sharing that, Alex.  As you say, all superlatives just flow, what a performance.  Listening here this morning, if it was just an audio and you asked who it was I'd have said perhaps Tommy E, or one of the other modern finger-style players.  Clearly he has a master's technique and all the confidence in the world to perform.  I guess the thing now is to find his own voice, make his own music and if the cards fall well then get to making records, performing live etc.

As an aside, last weekend I bought a copy of Acoustic Rising.  It's a documentary all about what I call for lack of a better descriptor modern finger-style acoustic guitar.  It is advertised on Justin's home page with a discount code.  All those of you who enjoy this style may well enjoy the music and conversations on that film ... about 6USD and 1.3GB for the basic movie without extras. ... well worth it IMO.

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 09:32:40 am »
Im glad you enjoyed it David.   I guess i feel proud of the young fella,  I guess because I met him and he's a lovely kid and theyre a lovely family.   His sister is always by his side filming etc.   And the fact that he was waiting for Tommy,  guitar on,  no fear,  but loads of humility just said so much about him.   That performance is just ridiculous.   Joe Robinson won Australias got talent the first season, he was 16 and played Tommy's version of classical gas.  Now Joe is regarded as a master of the craft and sells out shows and appearances all over the world.   He comes from here my home town and I'm proud of him.  Now Elias is like a new generation of guitar player that grew up thinking everythings possible.   Having everything they need online.  The brains of kids his age are further evolved and superior than any other generation i believe. Its technology, gaming,  and the internet thats advancing human genetics and whats possible. ive been thinking about it today and  the crazy thing is that there are thousands, hundreds of thousands of Elias's around ,  and we're getting used to it and not understanding the evolution thats taking place before our eyes.    30 years ago Elias would be a world wide phenomenon prodigy.  Now he is one of many.     You know one of my crappy yt vids has more views then a couple if his that have been online much longer. That shocked me. I cant put that down to anything other than he is in a fierce competitive world and he knows it.

Anyway acoustic uprising was great.  I was kind of disapointed that the focus was on percussive fingerstyle but none the less i enjoyed it.  Which reminds me Tommy Emnanuel the movie 'Endless Road'  premiaired recently in Melbourne so ill chase that because yeah its gonna be very interesting.  Many people dont know the battles and demons he has faced and overcome and  believe tjis documentary goes well into that.  Peace brother im gonna pick a little.

Offline pkboo3

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 52
Re: Elias Bartholomeo - what a talent at age 16
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 04:29:05 pm »
Wow!  That kid has got a great future in music!  I loved it when he yanked the Capo off and then floored it!  And when he pounced on the sound hole & turned his guitar into bongo drums!  Oh & when his guitar bowed at the end!  Not to mention his God-given talent. Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
Re: Elias Bartholomeo - what a talent at age 16
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 09:57:54 pm »
Wow!  That kid has got a great future in music!  I loved it when he yanked the Capo off and then floored it!  And when he pounced on the sound hole & turned his guitar into bongo drums!  Oh & when his guitar bowed at the end!  Not to mention his God-given talent. Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum
He sure does Pam,  and thanks so much for watching this.   When I met Elias he had that guitar around his neck ready to go.    We were at the Sydney Opera house waiting to meet Tommy.    He played with him in front of myself and a dozen other people and he killed it.   I'll never delete that video, it's special cause Tommy plays my guitar and cause he's playing with 15 year old Elias.    I was shaking like a leaf just talking to Tommy.  No way could I have attempted to play with him.   But I am a hack compared to Elias.   Cheers Pam

Get The Forum As A Mobile App