Author Topic: Feral Art School Exhibition Hull  (Read 252 times)

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
Feral Art School Exhibition Hull
« on: July 24, 2019, 10:01:58 pm »
Feral Art School are holding an exhibition at 23 Humber Street, Hull showcasing the work of their students. included in the exhibition will be some of my work.

The Exhibition will be held next weekend.

The times and dates are as follows:

2 August 6pm to 8pm
3 August (Sesh (a Hull music festival) wristbands only)
4 August 10am to 4pm

If you are in Hull, pop down and have a look.

Keith

ps I thought about posting this in my art collaboration but thought some people who are in Hull next weekend may miss the announcement

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Feral Art School Exhibition Hull
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:08:59 pm »
Congrats on having your work in the exhibition,  Keith. Enjoy it.

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 12:29:48 am »
Congratulations Keith, well deserved, maybe after the exhibition or whenever you have the time,  I'd love to see the pieces you have in the exhibition.  Hope  it all goes well.
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 435
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 07:32:12 am »
Nice one Keith.
It would be great to see some pics of your work in situ and some other work too.
:)

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 153
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 09:49:53 am »
oh nice; this is a painters/sculptors' gig! :)

Good luck and mostly; get in touch with the other artists, this is usually the most rewarding part
(My mother is a painter, I have a vague idea how it works ;) )
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 09:50:02 am »
Thanks for the comments. I'll take some pictures of the exhibition and, if I ask nicely, Lynn may post them.

All the students will have work displayed so I'm guaranteed a spot. Still its exciting to have my work on display as thousands of people walk past the shop unit. Sesh is a well established music festival in Hull with lots of bands playing and thousands watching.

Hopefully a fair few of those will take a look at our art and one or two will like what they see.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Keith

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 153
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 09:57:02 am »
Hopefully a fair few of those will take a look at our art and one or two will like what they see.
I'll let you know how it goes.

oeh, I can imagine.
I sincerely hope you get some well deserved praise but don't be bummed out if you don't get much feedback.

It's hard to, in this hasty and digital day and age, to grap the attention of a viewer and most of all, to have them to take that brief moment to absorb the impression and get to think about it for a minute.
Your style sends a lot of messages but in a way that it can be interpeted and experienced in many ways.

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 10:02:39 am »
oeh, I can imagine.
I sincerely hope you get some well deserved praise but don't be bummed out if you don't get much feedback.

It's hard to, in this hasty and digital day and age, to grap the attention of a viewer and most of all, to have them to take that brief moment to absorb the impression and get to think about it for a minute.
Your style sends a lot of messages but in a way that it can be interpeted and experienced in many ways.

Thanks Lieven, I'm learning my trade and old enough to know the difference between good advice and the rest. There's plenty of good art at the exhibition produced by the other students. We haven't really had much time to sit back and admire what each other have done. The exhibition will be a good opportunity to do that.

Thanks again,

Keith

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 10:03:35 am »
Nice one Keith.
It would be great to see some pics of your work in situ and some other work too.
:)

You can see Keith and Lynn's art in the Art topic here in Just Chatting (on my phone or I'd make it simple by posting a link). I love that thread and their work is fabulous.

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 12:18:24 pm »
Thanks for the promo, David! I think Richard means he wants to see the other art in the exhibit. Keith, I'll post them for you, but you may have to sing for your supper. Nothing in life is free. Haha.

I really wish I could be there for your opening!

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 03:37:58 pm »
Thanks for the promo, David! I think Richard means he wants to see the other art in the exhibit. Keith, I'll post them for you, but you may have to sing for your supper. Nothing in life is free. Haha.

I really wish I could be there for your opening!

LoL yeah you are probably right, Lynn, but I think I am safe in claiming a hint of ambiguity  ;)  And that's all the gap I need  ;D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App