Author Topic: 2019 Cover #26 (Kom Ihåg Mig)  (Read 267 times)

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 69
  • Cause I need more time yes I need more time...
2019 Cover #26 (Kom Ihåg Mig)
« on: July 21, 2019, 08:00:22 pm »
A swedish song sums up the first half of the challenge of posting weekly during 2019.  I'm a bit behind schedule, we'll see if I can catch up during the autumn/winter.

Same artist as cover #1 and cover #8. Pretty straightforward song, I use old faithful all the way through and mostly open chords. The G-C change is still a bit shaky and need more work, very common in this song. Some difficult changes to F also, not perfect but works ok. I use a capo on 2nd, I think it suits my voice better than without capo. No high notes in this one so singing works ok.

https://youtu.be/mDnFVDLaVsk
Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017
IM started March 29, 2017
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCus_LSy8xc5x51NrBxMt5MQ

Offline hilts17

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
Re: 2019 Cover #26 (Kom Ihåg Mig)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 12:49:46 am »
Sounds like a pretty song with a nice melody. Strong strumming and I like your vocal on this. Very enjoyable listen. Congrats Johan on getting to the halfway point.
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 234
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:59:20 pm »
Enjoyed that a lot, Johan. Strumming is so fluent now...benefit of all these recordings.  Lovely warm tone on this song. You are making excellent progress.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 110
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 04:21:52 am »
What stamina and commitment you have Johan. What changes and developments do you see in yourself and your playing as you progress through this mighty plan?

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 11:43:38 am »
Very good playing and your chord changes were smooth,  even to the G or F relative to the capo.  Nice job
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 69
  • Cause I need more time yes I need more time...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 06:46:48 am »
Thanks hilts, David, Maggie and Alex for listening and nice feedback.

What stamina and commitment you have Johan. What changes and developments do you see in yourself and your playing as you progress through this mighty plan?

Thanks Maggie. It's pretty cool to have all these videos and to be able to follow my progress as a musician.  The videos gives me very good information on what I need to work more on. Overall I think the playing is pretty ok, but it sounds pretty "dead" and boring to listen to. My playing lacks musicality and personal style so to say. But I think thats ok since I am new as a musician and my practice time is limited. I think this will come naturally with more playing time. The videos also also gives me confidence since I can see that I am  improving and in some areas I am becoming pretty good.

Also its loads of fun playing and recording songs.
Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017
IM started March 29, 2017
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCus_LSy8xc5x51NrBxMt5MQ

Get The Forum As A Mobile App