Author Topic: High Flying Bird - Elton John - Acoustic Cover  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Balamuthiah

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 59
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
Re: High Flying Bird - Elton John - Acoustic Cover
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 11:38:36 am »
Never heard this song or this style of songs from you. Definitely shows how versatile you are as a singer! Nice one! Would definitely like to see one of your live performances :)

Offline crocodile1

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 09:12:00 pm »
WOW, Kevin!
Excellent performance! Your voice is high flying bird itself here. Perfect guitar playing, true sound, good timing.
Fantastic live, man!
Just a little notice, if I can: do you use pop-filter during recording?

Offline Alex6strings

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 07:45:37 pm »
Kevin this live acoustic stuff is so dam good.   I have to say that firstly, great song choice,  I mean you really connected with that song and you sung and played the heck out of it.  Bravo.  I don't generally hear many EJ covers I appreciate but you have a very good way of making songs your own which is absolutely the case with this song.  Your covers are as believable as your originals imho.   

As an audience member, and a guitar player it would have been easy to lose me to your background or wall hangings more specifically, but you had me from the start to the end.   I barely had time to admire your hair.  I'm kidding I replayed it three times.  ok four times.  Anyway,  if I could only have one line for feedback I would simply say,  please keep choosing songs that you love like this and keep the live acoustic songs coming.  You're a great performer mate.   
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline roulbac

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2019, 01:38:30 am »
Love the cover, very relaxed, great vocals and smooth playing <3

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 41
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 11:43:28 am »
@Bala
Thank you so much mate for this feedback. It's true I like playing more rock n roll stuff, with more energy, but I really like also these kind of songs. And It helped me a lot to work on some vocal abilities and understand some things, so this was great.
I hope to see new stuff from you too pretty soon  :D

WOW, Kevin!
Excellent performance! Your voice is high flying bird itself here. Perfect guitar playing, true sound, good timing.
Fantastic live, man!
Just a little notice, if I can: do you use pop-filter during recording?
Thanks a lot for the great feedback. I do use a pop-filter for recordings (and use a different mic), but not on this live acoustic recording . I am using here a sm58 dynamic mic which is really used for live performances. So I used it without the pop filter, but I wondered too if a pop filter could improve the sound though.

@Alex
Thank you so much for this amazing comment. I was thinking about working on more acoustic stuff, to post on youtube and share with people. So thanks for encouraging me to do that. I really appreciate your feedback mate. And waiting for new beautiful acoustic songs from you too.  ;)

Love the cover, very relaxed, great vocals and smooth playing <3
Thank you so much I really appreciate this ;D. I have been a bit working on Karma Police thanks to you, really enjoyed your cover. So thank you for this too.

Online pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 57
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2019, 02:33:34 pm »
Hey Kevin. I guess I missed this when you posted back in March. Lovely performance. Acoustic performances are my preference and you did it wonderfully. From the heart, eyes closed, feeling every note. I haven’t heard this one either. But loved your performance.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 41
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 05:15:59 pm »
Hey Kevin. I guess I missed this when you posted back in March. Lovely performance. Acoustic performances are my preference and you did it wonderfully. From the heart, eyes closed, feeling every note. I haven’t heard this one either. But loved your performance.

Hello
Thank you so much I really appreciate this  :D.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App