Author Topic: Use of the forum  (Read 304 times)

Offline sunjamrblues

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
Use of the forum
« on: July 13, 2019, 09:13:08 pm »
As a newish member, I'm interested to see that there is a huge list of topics on this forum, but the 3 most popular topics - by far - are "General Questions", followed by "Just Chatting", and then "Audio or Video of You Playing".  I'm also amazed at how many members are good at singing, which I am not.  And how many members are interested in writing their own songs, which I've only just starting learning.  This is really a diverse and creative community!  Thanks to Justin for starting and maintaining it.

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
Re: Use of the forum
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:28:10 pm »
As a newish member, I'm interested to see that there is a huge list of topics on this forum, but the 3 most popular topics - by far - are "General Questions", followed by "Just Chatting", and then "Audio or Video of You Playing".  I'm also amazed at how many members are good at singing, which I am not.  And how many members are interested in writing their own songs, which I've only just starting learning.  This is really a diverse and creative community!  Thanks to Justin for starting and maintaining it.
Hey sunjamrblues,  you're so right, the members here are definitely a diverse and creative bunch. I'm new here also and It surprises me every day at the constant flow of talent I see and hear.   Some of the original productions blow me away.  And we are sprinkled all over the planet.
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 115
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 11:48:29 pm »
Sunjam

There's a huge wealth of knowledge and talent here and a great bunch of helpful friendly folk. We are all willing to help those who are treading the path we are all on. Some may be in front of you, some may be behind you or just starting out but we have all been in the same place at one time or an other. And this journey never ends. We can share our experiences and help those who struggle with the same issues we have done. Its one hell of a ride so welcome aboard the roller coaster of learning guitar.

As to writing your own songs, its a bit of a strange one. When starting out I never thought I'd actually create something original. But after a few yeas of playing lyrics started popping up in my head and eventually I started putting a few projects together. To date I have only posted one original and have another 2 or 3 in various states of production. But I'm sure that you too may find your own groove in time and create a track. As to singing you are probably better than you think. I honestly thought I was tone deaf but another forum member nurtured and encouraged me (did you not Roman?) and I've sung a a few recordings now. Singing is something that also needs to be practised, so don't right yourself off, as there is as much material to help you sing as there is to help you play. Anything is possible.

Just enjoy the journey.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 435
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 08:39:27 am »
I love this place!

:) :)

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 11:22:27 am »
You are this place Richard. 
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 153
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 10:47:41 am »
hi sunjamrblues and welcome!

Yeah it's a great bunch here!
I often conclude myself that, certainly in compariso with 10y ago, people post creations more frequently.
Every couple of months, there is a competition running and I'm always so delighted to see and hear all these entries people create here.

Don't be intimidated by the level of musical or technical of others.
We are all learning here and I hope you learn a lot here as well :D

by any means, ask away as soon you have questions!

LievenDV
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 435
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 07:24:09 pm »
@ Alex6

no, no, no ... really ... I'm just a bit of oil lubricating some of the moving parts

... the people, the community, the spirit and the music are this place ...

I'd compose some deep and meaningful words but fear they could easily turn in to cheesy-hippy-yadda-yadda nonsense.
Suffice it to say the forum is more than the sum of its parts.

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 11:01:02 pm »
@close2u I'm the cheese king lately, I must be getting old or something.   Anywho I'm just gonna leave the lubrication thing alone cause we'll.  OK bye

Get The Forum As A Mobile App