Author Topic: Anji (Paul Simon's version more or less)  (Read 395 times)

Offline sunjamrblues

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
Anji (Paul Simon's version more or less)
« on: July 03, 2019, 01:58:54 am »
My grandson wanted to learn how to play this, so I made this video for him.  I made it about a year ago, but I just re-discovered it and thought maybe some JustinGuitar members might be interested. 

https://youtu.be/S6FFMw5cCwY

BTW, is it possible to have thumbnails show up instead of just a link?

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 173
Re: Anji (Paul Simon's version more or less)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 03:18:45 am »
Use the Youtube button and insert the link in between the brackets

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 114
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 05:14:04 am »
My grandson wanted to learn how to play this, so I made this video for him.

So did he learn it? That doesn't sound like  a Kiwi accent mmmm?

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 239
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 04:45:53 pm »
Thanks for sharing,  Steve.

An enjoyable piece to listen to and looked an impressive piece of playing.

As for being a piece of cake and easy to learn...I guess I'm not yet ready for cake, still cutting my teeth on baby biscuits  :o  Seriously,  I know it is all relative and just a matter of sustained practice to develop the ability to play that.

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 07:48:56 pm »
Hi

That sounded great.

Really nicely played.

Is it just me, or did the Stray Cats borrow some of that for Stray Cat Strut?

Digger

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 09:36:46 pm »

That was very well played Steve.  You make very good videos mate.  I like your style.   

I just subscribed to your channel and I couldn't help noticing that you have quite a few videos that have ten's of thousands of views. One of them has nearly 50k views,  another 36k.   That's awesome, Jacinta needs to know about this!    seriously keep it up.   

Digger

What a cool song.  I think they might have digger.    I'm gonna go and put that on,  the music vid I remember is pretty dam cool.

Sent from my brain using a device, invented by a much larger brained person.

"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline sunjamrblues

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 09:41:15 pm »
So did he learn it? That doesn't sound like  a Kiwi accent mmmm?

I was born and raised in America, but have lived in New Zealand most of my life.  I guess you're stuck with the accent you developed as a child.  I know very little about what's going on in America these days, except that the American accent and expressions seem to have changed a lot in the last few decades.  When I watch TV and an American show comes on, I sometimes have to ask my wife "What did they say", and often she can't understand their accents either....even though we both have some kind of American accent.

Offline sunjamrblues

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 09:59:44 pm »
Hi

That sounded great.

Really nicely played.

Digger

Wow, I had forgotten about the Stray Cats.  I just went back and watched some of their videos - they look about 14 years old.  But I've heard that 4-note bass rundown on several songs, mainly on lounge lizard songs from the 40s and 50s.  Like "You give Me Fever" etc.

Offline sunjamrblues

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 10:16:03 pm »
That was very well played Steve.  You make very good videos mate.  I like your style.   

I just subscribed to your channel and I couldn't help noticing that you have quite a few videos that have ten's of thousands of views. One of them has nearly 50k views,  another 36k.   That's awesome, Jacinta needs to know about this!    seriously keep it up.   

What a cool song.  I think they might have digger.    I'm gonna go and put that on,  the music vid I remember is pretty dam cool.

I have no idea why anyone other than a handful of fellow guitar students would want to watch any of my videos. I don't advertise them at all, I don't make any money from them, and I never play in front of an audience.  I'm semi-retired and I made myself a nice music room, so I just hang out and practice guitar.  I found that making a video of me playing forced me to try to play better and so made me a better musician.  Things like finger accuracy, string noise, timing, getting the bends bent enough, getting the right volume and tone for guitar solos...you notice them more when you watch a video of yourself playing.

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 10:23:44 pm »
I have no idea why anyone other than a handful of fellow guitar students would want to watch any of my videos. I don't advertise them at all, I don't make any money from them, and I never play in front of an audience.  I'm semi-retired and I made myself a nice music room, so I just hang out and practice guitar.  I found that making a video of me playing forced me to try to play better and so made me a better musician.  Things like finger accuracy, string noise, timing, getting the bends bent enough, getting the right volume and tone for guitar solos...you notice them more when you watch a video of yourself playing.
You've appealed to a few fellow guitarists alright, on occasion,  more than a few.   

Like I said,  I like your style,  and your music room!  I totally agree and I dream of the day I'm settled enough to build myself a music room.  Although I would be paying someone to do it, I'm not so handy on the tools.

"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 71
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 03:39:26 pm »
Sounded great! Very enjoyable to listen to. You've inspired me to practice more, and you've picked up another subscriber.

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 07:54:43 am »
Wow,
Nice play, sound, timing and the whole 9 yards... Way to take the ball and run with it! I enjoyed this a lot. Nice runs, picking and perfect for a late night cap off...

Keep up the good vibe and do take rocking good care,
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Get The Forum As A Mobile App