Author Topic: 001 2019 - Seattle Synthetic Summer - An LBro Original Song  (Read 1394 times)

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
Hi,
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did creating it. The song stirs up memories of long ago, way back in my teens. Growing up in and around Seattle. Where the dark wet gloom of winter took its toll. As bad a place as Seattle is in the winter, it only sets the stage for what happens come springtime. It is this longing for springtime, the hope it gives of a summer that will soon be that is the essence of 'Seattle Synthetic Summer'.

Synthetic Summer came about when we would all jump into the car at the first sign of spring. It was too cold to be cruising around in a car with all the windows rolled down, so we cranked up the tunes and more importantly the heater in the car so we were then able to hang the elbows out the car windows. That of course had to be done to look 'cool' and express one's mood. Add in the newly emerging sun and you have the perfect recipe for what became a ritual for us back then, a thing we later named 'Synthetic Summer'.

One has to realize the mood in Seattle, when the sun comes out after long months of rain and gray. It is like few places on earth and an euphoria certainly erupts in the area. It is this the song attempts to capture. Let me know if you think it got close to doing so...

https://youtu.be/4gTiqZU1l9k

Take good care,
LBro
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 114
Re: 001 2019 - Seattle Synthetic Summer - An LBro Original Song
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 03:19:35 am »
You sure have captured the essence of Synthetic Summer LBro. I can see the crazy boys hooning round in the car. Great choice of slides, crackin' good rhythm, masterful mix and those Beach Boy doing your backing vocals whooo.

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 03:31:31 am »
You sure have captured the essence of Synthetic Summer LBro. I can see the crazy boys hooning round in the car. Great choice of slides, crackin' good rhythm, masterful mix and those Beach Boy doing your backing vocals whooo.

Glad to hear the song imparts some of what we had going back then in the mid to late 70's. We sure had a lot of fun back then cruising and enjoying the first rays of spring. Everywhere you looked folks were upbeat and ready for summer to come on strong. Of course most of the time it rained the next day... LOL, that was Seattle for you back then!

The ironic thing is that the song was written when I was in Hawaii where the sun is king. Very inspiring for sure!

Hope to hear something from you when you're able!

Thanks for stopping by,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 239
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 11:18:12 am »
Wow, what a fabulous production,  LBro. It's just alround excellent. Some highlights for me would be the video, the rock n roll piano, your vocal harmony and the leads. All round rocks along delightfully.  And I guess you are now right into another SSS.

Great job and ever so glad you decided to join in the Contest fun.

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 12:24:26 pm »
You have such a distinctive writing and singing style. Very cool song. Sounds great. Love when the background vocals pop in, and the solo.

Enjoyed that, and our weather isn't that different than yours, so I get it.

Lynn

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 71
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 03:33:28 pm »
Solid visuals and cool groove. Really nice depiction of your unique regional convergence into Summer. We can have Summer any time of the year down here. Well played! 

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 03:35:09 pm »
Wow, what a fabulous production,  LBro. It's just alround excellent. Some highlights for me would be the video, the rock n roll piano, your vocal harmony and the leads. All round rocks along delightfully.  And I guess you are now right into another SSS.

Great job and ever so glad you decided to join in the Contest fun.

Hi David,
Thanks for stopping by and the kind words. Well it should be summer here as of a day or so ago. But we have fog, drizzle and generally miserable weather this am. Looks like it might burn off though. July is the month it gets nice here normally.

At any rate glad you liked this song and we able to rock along a bit to it! Hope all is well there and more is coming from your end!

Until then, rock with the best of them,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 03:41:45 pm »
You have such a distinctive writing and singing style. Very cool song. Sounds great. Love when the background vocals pop in, and the solo.

Enjoyed that, and our weather isn't that different than yours, so I get it.

Lynn

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Well Red,
We have to put up with my vintage singing a bit longer as NaNa is now 8.5 months, very pregnant. Looking forward to her and the newborns big day. July 4th looms and we shall see if this grandson joins the other and is born on July 4th too. That would be pretty cool.

Thanks on the vocals and solo work. On guitar I was able to kind of imitate 3 guitars in the solo area. But there are just 2. Actually 2 dual tracked rhythm guitars and 1 lead. But lead is a combination of 2 finger bar chords and solo notes...

Yeah when I was putting this together I was thinking about England as I thing the weather is very similar. Not sure where you live as I can't recall. But the good thing is all the weather gloom makes one appreciate very much when things turn around and become summer...

You take good care!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 03:45:15 pm »
Solid visuals and cool groove. Really nice depiction of your unique regional convergence into Summer. We can have Summer any time of the year down here. Well played!

Yeah Clint,
You have the southern position on us that if for sure. Nice you can grow citrus down that way.

Thanks for the listen and comments. Much appreciated on this end! It is probably time to up my game a bit and focus on playing more than writing. We shall see what summer brings!  8)

Rock on and take care,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline brianlarsen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 51
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 03:56:59 pm »
Enjoyed your tune Bro!
Always like an original, and this did not disappoint.
Solid playing and professional production in all departments, incl. video  :)

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 07:42:02 am »
Enjoyed your tune Bro!
Always like an original, and this did not disappoint.
Solid playing and professional production in all departments, incl. video  :)

Hi Brian,
Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Glad you liked this one and found it to be pleasing. It means a lot as you put out some good stuff too. So I would think you know the time and effort it takes to put these songs together is long indeed. At least on this end. But I like working on songs as I think it keeps me mentally sharper than if I did not do much.

At any rate keep rocking and I look forward to your next gig - uh - song!
 ;)
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
  • Playing my way to a new way of thinking. ~ JG
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 12:32:12 pm »
Great original summer song, L Bro, right in the groove. I quite enjoyed the guitar solo too, nice playing.
Gretsch G5420T,  Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 04:16:41 pm »
Great original summer song, L Bro, right in the groove. I quite enjoyed the guitar solo too, nice playing.
Hi Mari,
Thanks so much for the listen and nice comments. I worked hard at the solo work on this one. I am limited there and as such aim to improve. But as Justin says. Do what you can and aim to do it well. So I prescribe to that thought and do my best...

Take good care!

Cheers to Rock, Solo Play and Summer!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline pkboo3

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 54
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 10:50:45 pm »
Made me think of the hibernating animals coming out with their young babies. Enjoying the sights & sounds of newness. Very good production. So impressed by your skills and talent. Loved it!  Loved the story behind this and the lyrics. Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 115
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 11:42:05 pm »
Hey Bro

Glad you finally got this to production and release. Come a long way from the demos and the end result is well polished. Great story line of that embryonic warmth of spring that doesn't quite match up to summer's promise. Catchy vibe and a well produced video to match gets my vote.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Get The Forum As A Mobile App