Author Topic: 001 2019 Nightswimming (REM - Cover)  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
Re: 001 2019 Nightswimming (REM - Cover)
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2019, 02:33:29 pm »
Father Ted?  Loved that show. An English mate introduced me to it and I watched every episode in a week or so.   Funniest show ever.   Haven't a clue what you guys are talking about but I saw Father Ted in the preview screen so I came looking.    Anyway, trying remember oh Dougal and nope  can't remember the old ladies name..  I remember her putting cocaine in a cake once
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline kontenda

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2019, 03:21:40 pm »
Father Ted?  Loved that show. An English mate introduced me to it and I watched every episode in a week or so.   Funniest show ever.   Haven't a clue what you guys are talking about but I saw Father Ted in the preview screen so I came looking.    Anyway, trying remember oh Dougal and nope  can't remember the old ladies name..  I remember her putting cocaine in a cake once
Hey Alex - it is kind of off topic - but I was just reminiscing about a time in Ireland in the late 80s when there was an unknown young critic by the name of Graham Linehan who used to write fantastic reviews for the Pixies - something me and my friends would reread to each other - and get great laughs out of - and initially I figured he would be gobbled up by life- and never be heard of again - but he went on to write Father Ted and other great stuff.

Offline Alex6strings

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2019, 03:33:37 pm »
Cool.  Sorry to interrupt.  I love the Pixies.   They're on in my car most the time.   Ok cheers.
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2019, 01:32:59 pm »
I recognize the sigh at the start :)

really like it - the rain adds to the atmosphere - thought the revereb was a bit strong on the vocal at the start but it grew on me as the track went along. guitar was solid and well done on transcribing it!

enjoyed the whole performance well done!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline kontenda

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 02:26:36 am »
I recognize the sigh at the start :)

really like it - the rain adds to the atmosphere - thought the revereb was a bit strong on the vocal at the start but it grew on me as the track went along. guitar was solid and well done on transcribing it!

enjoyed the whole performance well done!
Thanks Justin, always appreciate your feedback.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App