Author Topic: Digitech Trio+ Some advice please.  (Read 5075 times)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 77
    • YouTube
Re: Digitech Trio+ Some advice please.
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2020, 12:06:27 am »
Record it as a single track in Audacity, or any other DAW, as if you were recording a guitar track. You'll need an audio interface or USB connection from your amp going into your computer. From there record a second track of you playing your guitar over the Trio track. I think Audacity allows multitrack recording. If not, play your trio and guitar lead all at once as a single track.

Here's one of my very first trio tracks with a simple Em-Am-Bm turnaround. It consists of a trio track (with bass and drums), an acoustic track playing triads, and one of my first solos (minor pentatonic) ever. I was going for a lonesome, wounded animal sound with my solo tone. :)
minor-blues-turnaround

Note that I posted a link to one of my early acoustic tracks previously in this thread. The trio has been a great little pedal for me. 

EDIT: I hadn't really mastered bending yet, but I didn't give up trying. :)

Offline Matt125

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 21
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2020, 09:55:03 am »

Offline brianlarsen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 65
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2020, 12:26:26 pm »
Thanks Clint,

I'm probably a little more 'au fait' with IT than Gordon, but work behind the curve and strictly on a need to know basis ;)
You can tell by all my phone videos that I've largely eschewed the tech/sound side of recording to date.

I was trying to figure out this morning how one would record a guitar track and looking on Amazon for an 'audio-interface'. Before buying a cable, I decided to try connecting the Trio directly to the pc via its usb port- No joy.
However, if I use a cable from the headphone output to the microphone input on my pc- Bingo!  :)

Audacity indeed allows multi-track recording and by just dialling down the bass/drum/looper controls individually, I can record all the parts separately and then mix if I like.

I'm really glad I am happy with where I am with my guitar playing/enjoyment at the moment- If that's one of your first ever solos: Hats off, Sir! Very impressive. I thought your bending was fine.
Indeed, I had already listened to your Minor Thing whilst scanning the thread for useful info.

I'd better stop 'foruming' and start jammin'  8)

(ps I forgot to mention on my other thread that the 'finger-picking' sample is now in AVOYP  :P)

Offline brianlarsen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 65
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2020, 12:32:23 pm »
@ Matt125

Thanks Matt.
Yes, I had come across that link and indeed had a quick internal debate as to whether I should download the program and start exploring.
It sounded a bit technical for me and as I'm just looking for a simple solution of how to record my Trio output, I think the workaround I described to Clint should be plenty for me to get started with.

I did note a number of your other posts in this thread and look forward to revisiting them in a bit more detail later.
Thanks and vibes for your help  :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App