Author Topic: Digitech Trio+ Some advice please.  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 73
Re: Digitech Trio+ Some advice please.
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2019, 05:35:32 pm »
if you use the song function it will add a final flourish at the end with some drums.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE, Yamaha Pacifica 112V, Fender Mustang 1v2, Katana 100, Trio Plus, Zoom MS50G
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0AFFSNE1iGnb

Offline sairfingers

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 4
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 02:14:38 pm »
Haven’t had a chance to look at your looper links but you’ve given me plenty ‘homework’!
I’ve had a look at the looper links now. Really useful to see what can be done and I can only dream that someday I might be a fraction as good!
Martin D28 Reimagined : Gibson SG Standard.
Boss Katana 50 : Digitech Trio+ & FS3X : Dunlop Cry Baby Classic.
Arrived here Feb 2018. BC completed and now on IM & fingerstyle modules. Played a Framus 5/50 Archtop as a teenager in the early 70’s.

Offline sairfingers

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 4
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2019, 02:19:38 pm »
if you use the song function it will add a final flourish at the end with some drums.
Hi Rossco. Yes if you can get the timing right with the song function you get a double drum beat at the end. That must be what I had done without realising it. Not perfect but a lot better than a sudden ending to the outro.
Arrived here Feb 2018. BC completed and now on IM & fingerstyle modules. Played a Framus 5/50 Archtop as a teenager in the early 70’s.

Offline sairfingers

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 4
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2019, 10:32:49 pm »
Wow thanks Matt you’ve put a lot of time into this! I’ve been using simpler sequences and getting to know my Trio+ but you’ve encouraged me to try Lay Lady Lay again. I’ll let you know how I get on.
Hi Matt. Got Lay Lady Lay cracked thanks to your help. Still not an easy one to do but worth it in the end. Just have to make sure I don’t accidentally wipe it out now!

Offline Matt125

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2019, 11:52:43 am »
@ Rossco01  Thanks for the tip.  I need to spend more time experimenting with how the Trio+ ends song parts. Those end flourishes can help to keep one's place in the song.

@ Sairfingers. Well done with Lay Lady Lay:) 

Some songs are more difficult than others. I'm about to start on "Radar Love" by Golden Earring (another friend request). I'm still not sure how to setup part 1.  Worst case scenario I'll just go straight into the verse or use a guitar pro file. I do, however,  think the drum and bass sounds are better on the Trio+

Here is another vid that shows some more ways to use the Trio+
1. Adjustable metronome
2. Backing Track (covered already)
3. Sustained (drone) note. Good for practicing modes.
4. Silent practicing.  (it shows off the different Guitar FX settings quite well)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 71
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2019, 04:40:45 pm »
There are backing tracks on YouTube with the guitar parts removed:

Offline sairfingers

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 4
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 09:01:41 pm »
Apart from the cost, I would recommend the Trio+ to any beginner. I’m having so much fun creating backing tracks for lots of the songs in my Justin songbooks and then playing along to them. I’ve even made backing tracks for my scales (sounds daft but it works). Without realising it, I’m practising more and the variation really helps keep up the enjoyment factor.

I was neglecting my metronome practise as I find it boring, but the Trio+ keeps you in time which is something I need as I have a tendency to speed up as a song progresses. Having said that, I’m using a metronome with it to establish initial bpm as although the Trio+ has flashing lights and you can adjust the tempo, it doesn’t tell you what the tempo is.

I haven’t even got to the looper function yet and that’s the thing I started out wanting!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 439
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2019, 11:13:08 pm »
Glad to hear it's going so well.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App