Author Topic: 3 videos of Mrs C singing (with Mr C accompanying) at an open mic night.  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Mike Sebastian P

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 19

@ Mike thanks you ... three older vids of Mrs C and me here
Thank you for the link Richard, I really liked your videos!  :)

Mike

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
Coolio! Very, very coolio!

Wanted to scream out to the rude audience members who had to sing (croak) loudly "Shut the **** up, it's their gig not yours.  I want to listen to them, not you."

Harumph  >:(

« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 05:22:57 am by batwoman »
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 627
  • Teesside, North East England.
Thanks so much.

@ Mrs B ... a bit of audience participating on the chorus is fine ... we were through a pa so no chance of being drowned out ...

@ Alex6 ... just re-read your comment about searching for a wife ... too funny  ;D

@ Rossco ... yeah the Epi is a good un ... that said mine needs a smal lrepair as the under bridge electronic strip for the pickup has suffered a fault and snapped ... luckily it has two pickups

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
@ Mrs B ... a bit of audience participating on the chorus is fine ... we were through a pa so no chance of being drowned out ...

Good to know the pa person would have made sure you were heard. I still think it's very rude for an audience member in a situation like this to sing audibly. If I were sitting near these people I would give them a Very Frosty Death Stare  ;D
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 106
Hi Richard,

Great to see you playing live. Mrs C stole the show.  :D
Thought she sounded really good.
I only knew the Dylan song.
I thought folk singing along was a compliment.

Great double act.

Digger

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 627
Yeah - these sort of acoustic-open-mic nights follow in the folk club tradition and singing along with the chorus of a song is a compliment and welcomed by the performers.

Offline kontenda

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 29
I've listened to these a few times Close  they are really enjoyable performances. I also watched them to see if teacher messed up - I couldn't find anything :). Your wife sings beautifully. I loved your crowd too - I have looked at some open mics on youtube and one of the most intimidating things is the audience continuing to talk while the performance takes place. However your crowd not only listens respectfully but sings along sometimes - lovely. One thing, as I tend to focus on lyrics as much as music, while you diligently serenade silently on your guitar - all 3 songs are basically saying hit the road - it:s too late, I dance to a different drum and it ain't me babe. Maybe you could get thrown a little bit of encouragement.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 627
@ kontenda

Thanks so much - very kind.

You're the first to notice ... and at the time I was aware of it and it made me chuckle to myself in a dark-humour kind of way.
As you say, all three songs are the antithesis of 'I love you' songs. Ha ha.

Offline Balamuthiah

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
Re: 3 videos of Mrs C singing (with Mr C accompanying) at an open mic night.
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2019, 11:45:46 am »
Wow! You two are the dream duo! Both of you sound great! :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App