Author Topic: Acoustic guitar setup  (Read 680 times)

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 69
  • Cause I need more time yes I need more time...
Acoustic guitar setup
« on: May 29, 2019, 07:52:38 am »
Hello!

Had my Yamaha Folk Guitar in for a check/setup the other week. I bought the guitar three years ago (as a beginner) and I always thought the action was pretty ok, but the setup really made a difference. Only thing they did was file down the saddle a bit and put on a set of new strings. Otherwise they said the guitar was in good condition. The guitar is wonderful to play now. Biggest difference is high up the neck but also open chords and bar chords on lower frets are easier to play now. So if you are thinking about doing a setup, don't hesitate. Should have done it earlier.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:57:58 am by Loefgren »
Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017
IM started March 29, 2017
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCus_LSy8xc5x51NrBxMt5MQ

Offline hilts17

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
Re: Acoustic guitar setup
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 12:51:52 pm »
I couldn't agree more Johan. All of my Seagulls that I bought used, went in for a setup. Even my brand new Martin went in for a setup a few months after I bought it. I'm lucky to have one of the best luthiers not far from me. The guy is amazing and my guitars are a dream to play.
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 70
    • YouTube
Re: Acoustic guitar setup
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 04:08:21 pm »
The importance of a good setup can't be over emphasized. It's crucial. My last couple of guitar purchases from monoprice.com came setup right out of the box.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App