Author Topic: Love HSS Strat - came home with a Epiphone LP Special  (Read 1307 times)

Offline RCurtis

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Love HSS Strat - came home with a Epiphone LP Special
« on: April 02, 2019, 04:05:06 am »
Why?  $50. I've been learning on an acoustic and putting a savings plan in place to get a Fender Players Strat (MIM) and a Katana Boss 50. I've played the Strat in store several times and it really bonds with me. Then, on Craiglist Sunday, a guy was advertising a black Epiphone LP Special I with humbuckers (not the P90 version). He bought it over a year ago, never even took the protective plastic off the pickups, never bought an amp, and it sat in his apartment.  He was moving this weekend, and he didn't want to take it..

I couldn't resist. Went to speak to him. His wife was a riot. She was rolling her eyes at him spending the money and never trying to play. Guitar looks brand new. After we agreed on $50, she was like "take the stand, we don't need that either. Been taking up space for no reason."

I'm still saving for my Strat, but having something I can practice early in the morning or late at night without waking family and neighbors is a bonus. Plus I figure I'll enjoy having both the Strat tones and LP tones to mess with eventually.  Course, now I'm the guy with an electric guitar and no amp, at least for a little while. But for $50, feels like I stole it.

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 568
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: Love HSS Strat - came home with a Epiphone LP Special
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 07:55:43 am »
The used / 2nd hand market is the place to go.
:)
Congrats on the NGD.

Offline Swill631

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 09:21:18 am »
Great buy. I loved mine, with a couple of reservations about the tuners. Just a thought, instead of an amp why not use a software amp simulator (Amplitude, GarageBand etc)? Aside from software, stand alone simulators like the Behringer vamp are pretty good, in fact I hardly ever use the amp now (so as not to disturb the neighbours).

Offline RCurtis

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 11:41:55 am »
Swill631 - oh, those are some new concepts to me.  I'll do some research. Interesting and thanks!

Offline nfotis

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 04:16:45 pm »
Congratulations on your purchase.

For quiet practice, instead of the BOSS Katana (which is a very nice amp) you could use a micro amp, like the Aroma AG-03M, or a headphone guitar amp, which are quite cheap.

N.F.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App