Author Topic: Ball end separated from high e string!  (Read 128 times)

Offline zedhead

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Ball end separated from high e string!
« on: May 06, 2019, 04:32:20 pm »
I attempted to restring my acoustic today and the ball end came off the high e string, it’s just unraveled and the ball fell inside the guitar..
I’ve never experienced this before so I was wondering if it had happened to anyone else.
I bought the strings off eBay and they are elixir nano-webs which I always use.
 Funnily enough I’ve noticed a spelling mistake on the string envelopes which says ‘refer to beck of box etc ‘.
Is it possible they are fake strings, are there such things as fake strings?
I’ve emailed the seller to see what they say.
Pain in the rear end!

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 31
Re: Ball end separated from high e string!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 05:05:41 pm »
It happens. The machines that they're made on aren't infallible.

...and yes there is such a thing as fake strings. D'addario strings have a unique serial number on the pack  that you can look up on their website. It's not a perfect solution.

Of course if they are fake there's your problem. I'd report the seller to eBay (for all the that will do) and to Elixir , and hang on to the strings for now.

Have a look at this.

https://www.echoinox.com/blogs/whats-up/exposed-the-truth-and-differences-between-fake-elixir-strings-and-real-elixir-strings

Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline zedhead

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 06:51:05 pm »
Thanks for the reply and link. I’m pretty sure they’re fake but I’ll have to see what the seller comes up with.
I’ve just ordered 4 sets for the price of 3 from Andertons, no more eBay strings for me! Cheers

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 31
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 07:13:19 pm »
Strings Direct is my go to.

Here's another link :)

https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App