Author Topic: Batwoman's Road Case  (Read 31036 times)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 126
Re: Batwoman's Road Case
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2020, 02:27:41 am »
Hey batwoman, just popped over to say sorry about your arms. I totally relate. Screwed up both mine.

I can play ukulele a lot easier than guitar because of the size. I can't strum and my elbows are stuck by my sides or it's really painful so in my quest to find alternatives to strumming I did come up with some cool techniques. (To me at least lol. It's an ongoing process of trial and error.)

Haven't read much of anyone's journals here, so I apologize if this is random or outdated. Just wanted to toss you the idea in case it helps. Take care!

Becky

Hey Becky, very sorry to hear you are dealing with limiting injuries. Thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate your ideas. It sounds as though your injuries have got you being creative about ways of playing and that's great.

I'm making progress with my arm, just have to be very patient and keep the goal of being able to play again sooner rather than later very clear in my mind.

I hope we get to hear a recording from you with your uke.

Online Twilight Storm

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2020, 11:22:21 pm »
Yes, definitely don't make anything worse. Checked out your open mic videos btw. Nice performances! Looks like your open mic is in a nice place. Ours is a dive bar. Only been playing uke for 1&1/2 years my goal is to get good enough in a couple more years to be able to perform 1 song (on uke or guitar) without having an anxiety attack, playing in front of people.

Luthier called today and said the guitalele should be done tomorrow afternoon. 😁 I'll toss up a recording of what it sounds like in my journal Friday hopefully. I'm working on Lagrima for a uke challenge, it will probably be that, and/or my progress with Justin's Nobody "Loves" You When You're Down and Out.

The Luthier did tell me he was surprised it sounded as nice as it does. (Yamaha needs to go insane for a day and  dial 1-800-sponsor-a-newbie and hook me up lol!!)

Get better! And ty for the jokes in the forum.
Just a noob who likes diminished chords and songs that use them.

Electric Guitar - Yamaha Pacifica - 012 DLX. (SSH)

Acoustic Guitar -

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 126
« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2020, 12:28:26 am »
Yes, definitely don't make anything worse. Checked out your open mic videos btw. Nice performances! Looks like your open mic is in a nice place. Ours is a dive bar. Only been playing uke for 1&1/2 years my goal is to get good enough in a couple more years to be able to perform 1 song (on uke or guitar) without having an anxiety attack, playing in front of people.

(Yamaha needs to go insane for a day and  dial 1-800-sponsor-a-newbie and hook me up lol!!)

Get better! And ty for the jokes in the forum.

You might surprise yourself Becky. Look around for some other Open Mic possibilities.

Yeah to the Yamaha sponsorship  ;D

Offline Endureth

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2020, 06:21:51 pm »
Here's a couple of photos of a happy day for me.

I also sang my original Hope Dies Last.

VERY cool!  Wish I had seen this sooner.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 126
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2020, 03:50:47 am »
Ahhh Endureth, so nice of you to say. I'll never be as cool as you.  :) 

It was a really happy day for me, a milestone. I hope I'm back there before the end of the year. Still can't play guitar.  :'(  and it will be even longer before I can play my bass  :'( :'(

Get The Forum As A Mobile App